Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier [VMSL Premier] Results & Banter Jan 07'

What is most likely to happen in the VMSL this month?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

BJB

Sep 27, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Croatia 4 Indo 2

Good game. Cold Night with Rain.... Kekec got us the lead. Indo tied things up not that far away. We took the lead with about 10 min to go. 2:1 at the half for us. Indo came out and scored 5 min into the 2nd. Tie things up at 2. I had to leave but i got some sort of report saying we won 4:2 and i think kekec got the 4th goal.

dickens_cider

Aug 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Zaurrini said:
How is it possible that not one, but THREE officials not see a penalty shot go in?

Was is a quick PK?

All three officials should be written up, and it should be noted somewhere in their file that they fcuked up. Badly.

I have often told a ref he was blind...or something to that effect...but seriously. Tell me there was some sort of Fog or something to block their view.
Was their any explanation from the referees?

The Referee, made Fireman take their PK goal over the first time as players moved into the box too soon, Re take was scored as well. Just guessing that all three officials were watching players at the top of the box for the same thing when WestVan took their PK??? Still no excuse. No idea how three officials miss a ball go in the net 4 ft inside the post on a PK. Not the strongest game for tha man in the middle, but a fair result at the end of the day. Descent game to watch, except for Fireman's Yellow Black Sock combo??

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
What a waste of time…

Surrey 4 Special O 1

-2, pissing rain the entire game, 4 red cards, all for retaliation on brutal tackles, and a Olympics team who looked like they could honestly give a fcuk they were even playing.

Awesome way to spend a Monday night.

We only went up 2 in the first when it could have been 4 or 5. Special O took a red on a stupid challenge, mid way through the first. Some dude jumped in from a mile away, nothing over the top, but reckless none the less. Then some Muppet gets into verbal handbags at 5 paces with our young midfield. The Muppet in question then throws a sucker punch square on the beak of our guy which only a handful of people saw. The second half brought all the comedy. 3 reds and yellow or two for good measure. We took two reds trying to snap said Muppets in the first 15 mins of the second and are down 9 players to their 10. Bad reds you knew where coming but in any other game with any other ref they were only a foul or a yellow at best. We score a 3rd goal 5 mins later for good measure as we still literally dominated play. Another super choice in judgment had an Olympic kick another of our kids 4 feet in the air from behind about 8 minutes later for absolutely no reason. Thanks for coming...Even Walks could have got that one right.

We scored another one with 15 from time and if it weren’t for a complete lack of interest or motivation we could have pulled an Inter job on them. They did score a late one after one of our backs slipped on the turf which had their forward bang one in that Sheppy would have stopped 99 times out of 100, but I’m sure the poor cnut was frozen solid by this point.

All in all not a strong effort from us but really it wasn’t necessary with what looked like a complete non-effort from the Special O’s.

The tire fire was spectacular though.

4STGMP

Feb 10, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
KNVB - caught the first half and froze my nachos......at 1-0 even though all the traffic was one-way with the brutal conditions anything could happen....when it went 2-0 it was literally game over....especially when Special O decided to take the stupid red for literally no reason at all.

Wish I would've stuck around for the first 15 of the second half.....kinda thought fireworks would explode with the ref and linesmen having words with both teams as you made your way to the changerooms at half-time.

Who took the reds from your end?

4ST OUT!!!:knvb: :knvb:

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Tonight, it was Sporting 2 and West Van 0 at Byrne Creek.

Sporting looked the better side this eve.

Very well organized at the back, and the best VMSL team I have had the opportunity to observe this year. Lethal on set pieces.

If someone were to start a "Who will win the Provincial Championships" thread, Sir M's vote would have to be with the Sporting side.

hard ballz

Sep 18, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Temple 0-0 Croatia. Temple probably let one slip here as they carried majority of the game but didn't get any quality chances. Temple keeper made a great save off a header midway in the second half to keep it at zero's. A Croatian player was sent off late in the game on a two foot tackle but Temple couldn't capitalize.

Hard Ballz

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Clan-Bus 2 - Surrey U 2

We let points slip and I'm sure they're saying the same thing. Good game. We went up 1 early then Clan drew level right before half, literally. Clan went up 2-1 midway through the second and was holding well until the ref gave a PK (didn't see it) LDP made the save on a pretty poor attempt to be honest. Frank M was sent off with about 12 left for his second yellow and we ended up pulling level with 1 minute left after a corner kick/goal mouth scramble.

More important than the result is the health of Angus Burke. After he scored the opening goal he had a couple of players land on him. He left the game with what we thought were bruised ribs, but it turns out he’s going to have to have his spleen removed. It was pushed back into his abdomen far enough that it was causing problems.

Updates as they come in.

Best wishes young man.

Hello

Dec 16, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Templ 0 - 0 Croatia. A hard fought affair on a wet pitch at Adanac. I think Temple controlled the play and we were unlucky for a better result. Croatia had 2 chances in the game which were both off headers. Our keeper made a great stop on one of them but after that Croatia did not create much. I believe Croatia was organized but really did not pose a threat going forward. We looked to be the better side but could not create any real quality chances and when we did have a chance we did not take advantage. All in all we will take the point and look forward to our next match.

gilly

Sep 12, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
GiGGs said:
Gilly,

Can I get a game review please?

Giggsy,

I wasn't there this weekend, however, from all accounts the boys played well and snatched the three points late. We scored first (Vishal), soon after Harb got red-carded on a last man back call. Norvan equalized before half and had some sustained pressure. 2nd half was even, Shokar scored late (5 or 10 minutes left) and we got the win. Big three points, with most teams on our side getting points this weekend. The fight for fourth is really tight.

Indo Akal 15 points in 13 games (Surrey, Temple, Sap left)
Sikh Temple 12 points in 13 games (Indo, Firemen, Sporting, SU)
Sapperton 12 points in 12 games (Firemen, AFC, Indo)
Firemen 11 points in 12 games (Sap, Temple, SU, AFC)

A couple of big games next week on our side:

Temple vs Sporting
Indo Akal vs Surrey
Firemen vs AFC
Sapperton vs West Van

Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow...:eek:

Gilly

Freestyler

Nov 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hello said:
Templ 0 - 0 Croatia. A hard fought affair on a wet pitch at Adanac. I think Temple controlled the play and we were unlucky for a better result. Croatia had 2 chances in the game which were both off headers. Our keeper made a great stop on one of them but after that Croatia did not create much. I believe Croatia was organized but really did not pose a threat going forward. We looked to be the better side but could not create any real quality chances and when we did have a chance we did not take advantage. All in all we will take the point and look forward to our next match.

Missed the game, but I'm sure that the field conditions of Adnac this week didn't help the more skillful players of either team. Played on it Saturday and noticed that the ball bounced alot, hard cause when you would beat one guy it would bounce too far ahead also didn't help with hitting first time off a pass. Should be a good game for Temple next week taking on the undefeated Sporting, last time around Temple had the lead at half only to come out flat and find themselves down 2 in a brief period.

Hello

Dec 16, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Freestyler said:
Missed the game, but I'm sure that the field conditions of Adnac this week didn't help the more skillful players of either team. Played on it Saturday and noticed that the ball bounced alot, hard cause when you would beat one guy it would bounce too far ahead also didn't help with hitting first time off a pass. Should be a good game for Temple next week taking on the undefeated Sporting, last time around Temple had the lead at half only to come out flat and find themselves down 2 in a brief period.

The field at Adanac was pretty brutal, but I assume any games on grass will be like that for the rest of the season just for the reason that the VMSL will push to get games in. Also forgot to mention the 2 foot studs up tackle that landed the Croatia player a straight red near the end of the match. I think it was fully warranted (can not argue when a guy goes in studs up and right through a guys ankle).

Brent Sopel

Nov 17, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Any reports on the Sap-Special O or the Inter-Firemen games?

I've seen the scores, but I want to hear from Ankle Breaker and Oranje about Inter's complete domination of a Firemen team that probably doesn't deserve to share the pitch with such a powerhouse.

WAB has been quiet recently. Let's hear a match report. Sap with a much needed 3 points.

And Fantabulous, tell us how the better team didn't win. And how everyone should be nervous about meeting the Special Olympics in the Imperial Cup, as they will be a different team when cup time begins. Because a -38 goal difference is pretty deceiving...after only 14 games.

And lastly, KNVB, tell us how short Ivan Lee really is.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
He's so short that he has to wear lifts in his socks to get into the ball room at Ikea.

I'll be here all week. Try the Veal...

Ankle Breaker

Sep 15, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Inter 3 - Firemen 1

Good game on Saturday afternoon. Finally playing on grass again was awesome. 2 goals by Jomo and 1 by Scott.

Basically we came out and worked very hard for the entire 90 minutes. This was a complete team effort as everyone who dressed contributed to the win. It is nice to get a win but it was even better to play a solid 90 minutes.

I am not sure what is going on in the Firemen camp b/c they have some good players on that team. Very surprised to see them in the bottom of the table and facing relegation again.

darkmeat

Apr 26, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
cro 0 - sikh 0
we wanted the win, but will take the tie. as a team, played shite offensively. don't know if we would have ever scored. missing three key guys from last weeks win which had something to do with it, but still inexcusable. full marks to sikh. good team, with what seems to be a great bunch of guys. very classy! i hope to see them next year.
"the tackle" was a bad yellow in my books. he left his feet to poke the ball, but the other guys ankle happened to get in the way while he was airborne. unfortunate.

re:angus...thats horrible! great kid with a very bright future. get well soon!

hard ballz

Sep 18, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sporting defeated Temple 1-0 on a goal by Yuner (sp?) in the second half on a fricken cold night at Byrne Creek. I'll let Gilly give the deatails:D !

Freestyler

Nov 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sporting 1-0 Temple
As hardballz said cold night. Both teams dominated possession at various times in the game, it was mostly all Sporting the first half, however Temple created a few counter-attacks and Sporting's keeper madea few solid saves. Second half Temple came out flying however were unable to create any real quality chances Sporting scored with about 25 to go after the ball went over two Temple players and Jeff Yuener banged it home. Sporting sat back after that and Temple pushed however were unable to score, Sporting's keep made a great late save and another was headed over him however as he came out to challenge a ball that was sent in however I believe Mark Gomes was there to clear it away. Big games down the stretch for Temple in order to avoid relegation (Surrey, Indo, West Van, Firemen, and Clan)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0