Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier [VMSL Premier] Results & Banter - November 2004

Status
Not open for further replies.

coach

Mar 3, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Clanbus 3 - Peg 1
Clanbus is young and skillful and will be dangerous for teams in the next few years to come.
Peg battled hard and was unlucky not to up by 2 at the half!
Nice match to watch, not nice to see Peg lose.
Keeger Ayre is going to be a beauty some day!.Tall, quick, and a ton of skill.

Good to see Ayrsey out leading the young and old troops.

Sumner and Tirian were very solid and dangerous today.

coach

Mar 3, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Metro Ford lost to Inter last night 2-0. Very wet out at the old turf field.
Inter was deserving of the win as Metro Ford needs a good old fashion goal scorer.(lots of pints later at St James Well last night.Nice to see Joe Billy)

Surrey beat Peg 2 - 0 . Any updates KNVB?

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
On the night, Peg deserved a point. Both squads had good spells of possession with Steady and Bunny taking turns making KNVB their bitch - how's that jaw? :D

Iorio hit the bar on a half bike attempt that had Drew standing there helplessly, almost as if he was watching the Rio Grande...

Surrey hit the bar in the early in the second half, no idea by who.

A defensive miscue by Steady gave SU the breathing room they needed to perfect their unique style of kicking it as far and as high as they could at ALL times :rolleyes:

A late goal sealed the deal, the turtle race to Div 1 is on!

:D

~Regs.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
No, Peg did not 'deserve' a point though they could have maybe earned one. Giant nipples 'half bike', if that’s what you’re calling a hit and hope now a days, was a lucky to have even reached the cross bar. 2 defenders were draped all over him and he sticks his leg up, connects with the ball and it looped to the far side and off the lumber. Let’s not make it more than it was.

Someone obviously not watching said:
Steady and Bunny taking turns making KNVB their bitch
Are you kidding? Last thing I want to do on a Friday night is run a track meet with bunny but him making me his bitch? Come on. Any chance you can send someone around my place to get him out of my pocket please? I’ve got no where to put my keys.

My gob is fcuking killing me. I think I may have to have soup for dinner.

cerebral smallsy

Oct 5, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Westside 1
Trollups 0

mucked out the result. scored early and sat on it. important result to get the ship turned in the right direction. return of the ubc lads was a sight for sore eyes and getting a clean sheet was nice too. on to the chops next weekend.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Any chance you can send someone around my place to get him out of my pocket please?
In your pocket?!?!?! Please :rolleyes:

In your words, 2 defenders draped over Roberto and he attempts a bike which ended up hitting the bar... not only that, but he got up fine afterwards w/o the help of an ambulance attendant.

You won 2-0 last night but you're 0 for 2 in your write-up today... OK, bad news now, this isn't gonna go too far now...

~Regs.

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Could care less about our result out at the turf after hearing the news about Dom, but here is a little run down of what went on in the Burnaby vs. Khalsa game.

Khalsa came out very very flat and let Burnaby play out of the back and come at us, like we were standing still. They could have been up 3-nil in the first 20 minutes with McNabb hitting the post and getting another called back off a hand ball. They didn't go up 3-nil in the first 20, but they did in the first 35 minutes, with 2 break-aways, and one far post header that I should have had. We did get one back before the break on a header of a corner, but we were still very out played in the first half.

The game was a little physical, but the ref (Paul Ward) did a great job keeping control and only gave out a couple yellows, to keep guys away from the dreaded discipline board. Second half, Khalsa started to go at Burnaby a bit, after we the terrible first half, we had some chances but just couldn't connect with the net, Sal got his second of the game on a counter attack rush/ break away. Pummi scored a late one for us on a scramble to make the final 4-2 for the CapItals. That is 2 bad starts/results in a row for us, he must sort it out and move onto Croatia next Friday Night, it is now a even bigger game for us, with teams starting to inch up the standings.

hos

sensei_hanson

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sporting 1
AFC 0

Tight game, few good scoring chances both ways. Marcelo hit the crossbar for AFC in the first half, and Pires rang one off the inside of the post, only to have it stop dead in the puddle of mud (which I'll get to in a second) in the second half for us. Steve Dormer popped in the lone goal late in the first half, off a cross which skipped past the AFC backline.

As for the field. I will not be surprised if that Hastings pitch is now fcuked for a couple of weeks. What a nightmare in that one goalmouth closest to the changerooms, just a sea of mud and water (the dreaded "standing water" variety, no less). The referee seemed content with his decision, one based on the logistical analysis that your feet sank to an acceptable level once in the mud. Sadly, I am not making this up. I think part of his decision to play the match stemmed from the realization that there was no actual grass to tear up in this specific area.

Anyways...Larsson got sent off late in the second frame, which kind of killed any chance AFC had of pulling back an equalizer. We had one sent off as well, although he was on the sidelines at the time, so no damage done to the 11 on the park.

Bhudie

Sep 25, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey sensei,
Just had to express thanks for giving an honest interpretation of a match for a change. We at AFC like to thank those who post with an objective eye....both of them.

PS We send our condolences to the Mobilios and the whole vancouver/canadian soccer community. Tragic loss.

Ballbaby

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bhudie said:
Hey sensei,
Just had to express thanks for giving an honest interpretation of a match for a change. We at AFC like to thank those who post with an objective eye....both of them.

Yeah, thanks Sensei for being so honest, not like the rest of us. :rolleyes:

sid

Dec 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
looks like the one nite a week training in the gym isnt helping africa too much :rolleyes: maybe the ships sinking or already sank :( :D

sid

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sap 1 - Croatia 1

Beaconsfield was aweful. Sapp was worse. Should have lost 5-0 but got the tie in the 80th min. on a brutal goalie blunder which allowed Trevor Todd to pounce on the loose ball.

sid

Dec 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I hear larsson is up for 5 games 2nd red of the year,thats deserving for a wee weasil :eek: :eek:

sid ;) :wa:

BJB

Sep 27, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Croatia 2 Khalsa 0

First goal very nice scored late in the first. 2nd goal came half way through. Nice Night in New West... :)

Dizou

Nov 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Game was all Croatia. Score should have been much worse but Croats can't finish. Khalsa were never really in it, but kudos to HOS who kept his team in it with some great saves in the first half.

HOS, saw the United Way poster today for the first time. It took a long look but it did eventually come to me.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Lets see... MF beat Peg 1-0! A Big 6 point turn there. Sporting and Westside drew 0-0. Firetoons lost to AFC in a shocker 2-0. 9 cards 7 of them yellows and 2 red I'll let you guess who was refing... :rolleyes: Inter and BBY Inter drew (shock) 1-1 and Slurrey Beat Clan Bus 4-2.

That's all I know so far.

Our game was high paced or was it the 17 year old little shite that I was forced to chase for the first 45 with all the pace? Christ, I'm too old for this track meet shite. Must be nice to have the luxury of only having to go one way. Jinky little bastard. Anyway, Clan Bus struck first on a keeper c0ck up with Sumo never having an easier finish. We drew even before half on a cracker. The goal looked a lot like the goal Scholes scored off a Beckham corner 1 or 2 years ago... a full volley on the run from the cross, about 18-20 out. No chance for Zenga. We pulled ahead for good 65 or so in on a corner kick scramble.The TSN turing point was a great Smiles save off a full volley 12 or so out. It was 2-1 to that point and I think a goal there would have greatly changed the result. We closed it out from a long Smiley punt to a Cam Wilson break away. Blakes got his second shortly after to dab a little salt on the wounds. Clan got one back very late from a wicked cross with most of us breathing out our arses. Clan, to their credit, never quit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0