Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier [VMSL Premier] Results & Banter - November 2004

Status
Not open for further replies.

larsson

Aug 12, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey Animal how was school today. I do remeber what u said the last time we played right after the game.In ur face CNUT

sensei_hanson

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sporting 0
Westside 0

So cold. So very, very cold.

Somewhat entertaining for a nil-nil game...Westside's keeper was outstanding for most of the afternoon, but especially in the first half. The kid corralled some really difficult shots and crosses, giving up maybe one rebound. Solid performance.

There wasn't much flow to the game at all...lots of offsides and scrambly stuff in the middle of the park. Smallsy can fill in the blanks for what I may have forgotten.

cerebral smallsy

Oct 5, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Westside 0
Sporting 0

not much to add to "fill in the blanks" from sensei's post.
our new keeper signing is very solid. great hands and not an ounce of fear. as for the game, sporting certainly had the majority of possession and i think we were happier then they with the one point.
i missed a full volley sitter early in the match, off a well placed corner from nuke. we were also robbed off the line by a reaction save in the second half.
sporting put one off the bar (from about 30 yards) that the keeper got a hand on. ref blew a "timely" whistle to dash the hopes of a last second sporting breakaway. great call. hi rene!! ;)
on to a huge six pointer next week agains the caps.

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
PREMIER 'A' # Team GP W T L GF GA PTS
1 Burnaby Canadians "A" 11 4 6 1 16 13 18
2 ICSF Inter "A" 10 5 2 3 21 12 17
3 Trollers FC "A" 10 4 2 4 15 18 14
4 Westside Rino "A" 10 3 3 4 12 15 12
5 Khalsa SC "A" 10 4 0 6 16 25 12
6 Sapperton Rovers "A" 9 3 2 4 13 16 11
7 Croatia SC "A" 10 2 4 4 14 15 10

PREMIER 'B' # Team GP W T L GF GA PTS
1 Surrey United "A" 9 5 2 2 22 10 17
2 Sporting Club "A" 10 4 4 2 17 10 16
3 Columbus-Clan FC "A" 10 5 1 4 22 20 16
4 AFC Leopards "A" 9 5 0 4 13 15 15
5 Vanc. Firefighters "A" 9 3 4 2 17 14 13
6 Metro-Ford Wolves "A" 9 3 2 4 8 13 11
7 Pegasus FC "A" 10 1 2 7 12 22 5

Well it still is tight on both sides, and I wouldn't put Peg in Div. 1 yet, you watch they put together 3 or 4 wins and still make things interesting.

As for Khalsa and the game vs. Croatia on Friday night, we have too many inexperianced players in our line-up right now, we have to get healthy quickly or the last 3 nightmares will get even worse. Funny to that one of our better players the last few weeks, CJ, was unable to make the game because he was in a Provincial Semi, for High School soccer. It is sad when you are soo hurting for bodies that you need your High School kids out. I was in the BC Semi 15 years ago, but did not see my first Premier game for a good 4 years after that. That just shows how hurting for players that teams are these days.
Oh well onto Inter on Friday night, trying to avenge the 5-nil defeat earlier in the year. The call is out for help, lets hope they show up. No chance of the game getting called off, we are on the Mercer Turf again. Thank good that only Croatia got 3 points on Side A, every other team got 1 point and don't move up too much, we are still only 6 points out of first place.

hos

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hands of Stone said:
Thank good that only Croatia got 3 points on Side A, every other team got 1 point and don't move up too much, we are still only 6 points out of first place.
hos

And 2 out of relegation. :D

Also second in the league in losses. :knvb: :bronco: :wa:

Being a cnut today,

Army :D

PS. YOu do lead the league in one catergory. Most Goals Allowed. :p

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
BlazeArmy said:
Being a cnut today,
PS. YOu do lead the league in one catergory. Most Goals Allowed. :p

You are a Cnut today, how did your team do on Sunday? :D

14 of those 25 goals were in 3 very bad games, and yes we have 6 defeats, but with the way other teams are putting up draws, if you can put a few wins together, you can move up the standings very quickly.

hos

kokanee

Sep 16, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hands of Stone said:
That just shows how hurting for players that teams are these days.

I hear you might be hurting even more, rumor has a certain Khalsa top goal scorer is heading back to the Valley.

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
kokanee said:
I hear you might be hurting even more, rumor has a certain Khalsa top goal scorer is heading back to the Valley.

Come on, don't be like that, how many high school kids do you expect us to start on Friday night. At least these kids could bring out some High School ladies to watch the games.

hos

kokanee

Sep 16, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hands of Stone said:
Come on, don't be like that, how many high school kids do you expect us to start on Friday night. At least these kids could bring out some High School ladies to watch the games.

hos

I figure only 3 high school kids. Not sure, but dont you guys have the same rule as the Valley which is no more than 3 youth players allowed per game.

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hands of Stone said:
You are a Cnut today, how did your team do on Sunday?
hos

We may have lost but we get the just out of high school girls out to our functions. :D Besides that we scored 2 goals and only lost by one. :) :rolleyes:

High school girls would be wrong. ;)

Hands of Stone said:

hos

star #1

Aug 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
dont expect any of those high school kids out this weekend, they are too bruised and battered after we won the AAA Provincial Championships this past weekend.

hard ballz

Sep 18, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I watched the second half and it was 1-0 Inter. Khalsa scored early in the second to tie it up. The play was going back and forth until Khalsa stopped marking up. Inter scored a few in about 10 minutes with about 15-20 minutes to go and buried one more as I left. HOS on the other hand didn't really have a chance on the goals but that's where he should bail his team out!

Hard Ballz

cerebral smallsy

Oct 5, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Westside 4
Caps 0

a long overdue result with a full squad in place. a dominating performance for the full 90 with 4 goals going in the second half. definitely something to build on. khalsa next week. hos, be prepared for an entirely different squad from the last time we met.

coach

Mar 3, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Firemen 1- Surrey 1.
Nial with the Surrey goal and I am not sure who slotted the Tying goal for the Firemen.
Man it was cold out there!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Carry on boys!

sid

Dec 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
:bronco: holy shite ,just viewed the vmsl page & the premier side b pegs 5 points -mf 2nd last with 14 while surrey lead the pack with 18 points /pegs look done unless they can turn the tide tomorrow,guess brad higgs got something outta the mf players or else the other teams are pure shite :eek:

sid

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
cerebral smallsy said:
hos, be prepared for an entirely different squad from the last time we met.

We too have a entirely different squad from last time, thats why I am hoping for rain, lots and lots of rain this week :( .

hos

What happened today?

cerebral smallsy

Oct 5, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sapps 2
AFC 0

ref was shocking. :D
plenty of cards being handed out with a red to the AFC keeper who apparently headbutted favs. other than that, i thought sapps were full value for the result.

BJB

Sep 27, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Croatia 5 West Van 1

Chippy game, as both teams each got one red each... Croatia capalized on 2 pks' which were deserving, and Johnny Sulentic schooled #9 on west van to create the 5th goal...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0