Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier [VMSL Premier] Results & Banter - Oct 05'

Status
Not open for further replies.

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Westside/Norvan call is controversial. On one hand, if the ref says play on, then it must be a go. BUT, the field thing with the league and parks may over ride all of this. BUT that might be setting a very bad precedent. If a team is short players, they may use this as an excuse. It will all depend if Norvan puts in a protest - $50 later.

I think a the game will be replayed, but the league will put out memo stating it will ALWAYS be the referee's decision from now on. The league will handle city park fines.

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sapp 0 - SU 3

There is only so much you can do when a team is short on starters/players. We held in well in the 1st, but the in the end the skill and structure of SU prevailed. 0-0 at half and I thought our defense was holding a very tough Blake at bay (except for the one he should have scored). An own goal didn't help the cause and we knew with our depleted line up that an equalizer was not in the cards.

It's definitely tight at the top on Side B. Clambus beat SU, SU beat Sap, Sap beat Clambus. The competition is good.

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ya, I got a call from the 3's Company too, it was SoftServe, knut, and I don't NOSE who the third was, it might have been that cheap cnut Millar. Thats just great, next I will have Walks calling me that late, to ask when the Mighty Muckers are starting up.

hos

Demolition

Sep 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hands of Stone said:
Ya, I got a call from the 3's Company too, it was SoftServe, knut, and I don't NOSE who the third was, it might have been that cheap cnut Millar. Thats just great, next I will have Walks calling me that late, to ask when the Mighty Muckers are starting up.

hos

Don't worry HOS, we also called Walks after the Surrey, Sapperton game. I must have left before they called you though. Had enough of Millar and Knvb stroking each other...........................s ego and Softy encouraging it :eek:

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Surrey 5 - BBY 2.

Millar was absolute shite as usual. We even tried to trade him back to BBY but not even they would take him. Fcuk.

animal

Aug 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Fireman 4 - 1 Trollers
Trollers had 2 guys sent off with Morisso(sp) having his usual stamp on the game.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Has the league ever done a count of how many guys get sent off when that "ref" is in the middle?

JAGS

Jul 24, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Mauricio was an absolute twat at the WVFC v. Firemen game yesterday. He so much always wants to be the center of attention. Lecturing players, fans and even his own assistants (linesmen for those who choose not to be not so politically incorrect). He had it in for Shorty yesterday, it was not even funny. Shorty plays hard, which I don't think anybody would question. He is a fair solid player, but Mauricio has it in for him and may as well just shown him the red at the start of the game. Trev took a beating, but got no calls and gave back what he received for a couple yellows = red. Mauricio has to take a step or three back and figure out that the game is about the players and not the man in the middle. He is a twat, will always be a twat, so maybe time for him to move onto referring ringette over 40's women. By no means did West Van deserve the game, but when a ref tries to influence the game by wanting to be the center of attention, it is time for him to move on........... and maybe the VMSL should look at how many cards he hands out. I would think that his card distribution might be reflective of his people skills. Lots of cards = no understanding of the game and how to deal with players.

JAGS

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I would have put $50 on Shorty being the one thrown out, he was the first that came to mind when Animal posted a red was shown.

Maybe Spada should try getting a red, wouldn't hurt at this stage with that winning percentage :D

gilly

Sep 12, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Westside 1 INDO/AKAL 4

MOTW.....two cellar dwellers trying to find their first win of the season. Probably our worst performance of the year, yet we win!! We will definitely take the 3 points and hopefully starting turning this season around.

Westside scored early thanks to an early Halloween gift by yours truly....you're welcome. We regrouped and scored two before half and then scored two more in the 2nd half. Personally and collectivley, not a great game. We'll have to be much better next week against SPORTING.

PS/ Team Chohan see you Wednesday - 117 seconds or bust!!

RJ

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Gilly,

Congrats on the big win-ugly or not. I think Westside will get better after the university season, so beating them down now is important. How did they look player personel wise?

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sap 1 - Croatia 1

Quite a hotly contested affair at Hastings Bowl. 2 minor scrums resulted in a card happy Kevin throwing around yellows and reds (9 all together in the 1st half alone!) like candy on Halloween.
I have never seen a bunch of officialls so intimidated by a home team crowd in my life. So much so that Kevin threatened to abandon the game! Suck it up, puffboy. But hey, even down 2 defenders, 9 on 10, and 1-nil, Sap still managed to take the game to Croatia in the 2nd half.
Sap should have won it late 2 or 3 times, but squandered some real easy chances. Croatian squandered potential attacks when they pissed away some easy passes. They could of had more chances but lacked some creativity within 35 of our net.
Paul and Mike Favs, and Paul Raposo were dangerous all 2nd half. After 10 or so dangerous counter-attacks, you would think Croatia would adjust, but never did and it almost cost them the 1 point. Surprisingly, a few out of shape Croatian players on the pitch (PS, DM, DK) ;)

I look forward to the rematch and the Croat fans!

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
JAGS said:
Mauricio was an absolute twat at the WVFC v. Firemen game yesterday. no means did West Van deserve the game, but when a ref tries to influence the game by wanting to be the center of attention, it is time for him to move on........... and maybe the VMSL should look at how many cards he hands out. I would think that his card distribution might be reflective of his people skills. Lots of cards = no understanding of the game and how to deal with players.

JAGS
Gotta agree with you on this one JAGS, he was running around yelling at the top of his lungs, flashing cards like shiny new toys, pointing to the spot, screaming. I thought the next thing he was gonna do was go slide tackle on of the VFF players on one of their(numerous) :( breakaways.

"Look at me!!! Look at me!!!"

Ever heard of just TALKING to players man?

J_B

Jul 22, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Sap 1 - Croatia 1

whataboutbob said:
Quite a hotly contested affair at Hastings Bowl. 2 minor scrums resulted in a card happy Kevin throwing around yellows and reds (9 all together in the 1st half alone!) like candy on Halloween.
I have never seen a bunch of officialls so intimidated by a home team crowd in my life. So much so that Kevin threatened to abandon the game! Suck it up, puffboy.
I know I wasn't at the game but put yourself in the officials shoes. They must be in control of the game but it is difficult to control fans without taking away from the game. The officials must consider their safety first and this makes me question your statement.

Cheers
JB

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The fans were not threatening him, JB. Nor did they need to be controlled. They were just vocal and cheering for their side. They were 20 yards away near the changing rooms. Perhaps I didn't make it clear. He wanted to abandon the game because he felt both teams didn't want to play soccer. It had nothing to do with the fans. But just because the Croats were vocal, he was making calls to appease them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0