Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier [VMSL Premier] Results & Banter - Oct 05'

Status
Not open for further replies.

gilly

Sep 12, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
whataboutbob said:
Gilly,

Congrats on the big win-ugly or not. I think Westside will get better after the university season, so beating them down now is important. How did they look player personel wise?

WAB,

I agree, I think Westside will be better in the 2nd half of the season (as per usual) when their university players return, but to be honest I didn't recognize a soul, except for their coach Boban.

Gilly

J_B

Jul 22, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yes there was a great deal of ambiguity but now that you have explained your story in more detail, I now understand why you are complaining. I agree that referee shouldn't be persuaded by fans however I find that it is quite evident in some situations in the VMSL.

I am surprised that you say that niether team did not want to play soccer as that is what you were suppose to be doing. Maybe you could explain in more detail as what you were doing yesterday afternoon to limit any more ambiguity.

Cheers
JB

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I don't know why the ref thought Sap and Croatia weren't there to "play" soccer. I thought it was a classic circa mid 90's VMSL battle: Both teams were sticking up for their players. There were some late tackles, but not really dirty/intent to injure. It was like the new NHL-back and forth, but with the rough stuff.
It was a lot of fun to watch 2 teams go at it really hard with tonnes of emotion and energy. Unfortunately the referee was out of his league on this one. Rene should have been the midddle man for this battle. He would have kept everything in check just by talking to players instead of lauching yellow and red bombs for every foul.
Brian Donald said it best: If I can't play like that, what's the point of playing. And in a way I concure.

fuzzy

Sep 10, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
whataboutbob said:
I don't know why the ref thought Sap and Croatia weren't there to "play" soccer. I thought it was a classic circa mid 90's VMSL battle: Both teams were sticking up for their players. There were some late tackles, but not really dirty/intent to injure. It was like the new NHL-back and forth, but with the rough stuff.
It was a lot of fun to watch 2 teams go at it really hard with tonnes of emotion and energy. Unfortunately the referee was out of his league on this one. Rene should have been the midddle man for this battle. He would have kept everything in check just by talking to players instead of lauching yellow and red bombs for every foul.
Brian Donald said it best: If I can't play like that, what's the point of playing. And in a way I concure.

Wow, some interesting comments here. Persuaded by the fans?

The first red card given to Sapp (I believe Brian and it was his second yellow) was 5 yards from your sideline. Kevin could certainly hear your entire sideline screaming that there was no foul. Our fans were 70 yards away at that point. Not sure they influenced that one.

I think Kevin was truely influenced by the two footed tackle showing shiny studs on our midfielder's ankle.

And Brian said it best? Not saying he had an intent to injure but he was reckless. Not sure what league would allow him to play that way.

It was a high energy and emotional game, for sure. Ref'd pretty well given that.

sid

Dec 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Notty said:
SSSSSHHHHHHH......its whataboutbob!!! :D
lucky you were not talking about the late sapp of the 90s there were about half a dozen brians.........wilms,donald,gibby & wabrian
:D

anyways metro ford wolves 2 -- inter 0

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Is Metro-ford not the surprise of the year or what?

I see the excellent site shows the Trollups dropping another 3 points to Westside today... :eek:

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
If asked before the start of the season what I thought would be more likely - MF being top of side A 8 weeks in or Trollups in the tank I probably would have taken the trollups in the tank as a bigger surprise, what with the North Shore-Surrey Pegasus merger and all. I know Peg had just be relegated, but still...

As always though, it's the games after Christmas that notoriously count for the most,but I wouldn't have thought MF would have improved this much from last year.

I also think Croatia's start is a bit of a shocker even with Kuna at his optimum playing weight of 283 1/4 pounds.

The Apprentice

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Burnaby 5 - Croatia 3

We started off very slow and within the first 15 minutes Matt Mori had already scored twice. We did well to tie it up at 2 before Croatia scored off a header to go up 1 right before halftime. Second half we picked up our play and seemed to dictate the flow of the game. Once we tied it up we kept pushing forward and were rewarded with two more goals. Alot of guys on are team stepped it up today and we deserved the points. Big win for our team today and hopefully it will carry over to next weeks game with Norvan.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Surrey 6 AFC 1

Millar was pathetic really. Won't be long now before he's cut for a lack of productivity on the park or for conversation.

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sap 4 - Norvan 1

Paul Favs was masterful as he delivered a hatty on 2 fabulous strikes and an easy open net. With Araszewski and Jeff Rogers back in the lineup missing Donald and Woody didn't hurt today. Colin Phillips with a great left foot from 25 out into a far low corner.

2-1 at half

Sap finished well. Norvan were missing some key players and struggled to keep up after half.

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Maybe Peg was relegated because the vets were the problem, not the youth around them. Who are the Peg vets going to blame this time?

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
knvb said:
I also think Croatia's start is a bit of a shocker even with Kuna at his optimum playing weight of 283 1/4 pounds.

Is Dave Mori is on the Kuna-Tuna diet as well? The bigger Mori subbed in at the 65th min, played 10, and subbed back out.

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Rumor has it that Indo FC player Billy Shocker, er, Shoaker might be moving to another team. More for another day.

dickens_cider

Aug 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Took in the West side Trollup game and the result was quite tragic. West Side scored on there only shot in the entire second half. On the other hand Trollups had about 40 shots but they all went wide. Trollups carried the play but just had NO finish.

Grimm

Oct 23, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey ankle beeker, that's INDO/akal. Get it right moron. heard he might be the first of many. something about there only being milk in the cooler after games :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0