Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier [VMSL Premier] Results & Banter - October 07'

Status
Not open for further replies.

two-nine

Sep 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I heared TK to WVFC as no one likes the firemen. huge win for the lads tonight. The boys in front of me were on fire. Can't believe i bought blue boots and heared about it already from young buck. something leftonly would buy. on to next week.#29

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think we got ripped off today…

Sporting scored on a very speculative off-side non-call at about the 75 minute mark. You have to be good to be lucky I guess but that game was going to be 0-0 from the start until that happened.

My face hurts…

Attachments

• 2007 10 27 004_edited-1.jpg
    2007 10 27 004_edited-1.jpg
    178 KB · Views: 74

gomesy_jr

Aug 14, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I don't think he was off to tell you the truth. We took a short corner, Steve Dormer dribble into the box and took a low shot, a couple of your guys were slow coming out of the 6 yard box, One of them was right in front of Shep as he made the first save, I saw Ryan Dormer moving in for the rebound as the shot was taken (he was in front of me) and tapped in the rebound. Just my opinion.

shipwreck

Sep 9, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
I don't think he was off to tell you the truth. We took a short corner, Steve Dormer dribble into the box and took a low shot, a couple of your guys were slow coming out of the 6 yard box, One of them was right in front of Shep as he made the first save, I saw Ryan Dormer moving in for the rebound as the shot was taken (he was in front of me) and tapped in the rebound. Just my opinion.
Gomesy, you are absolutely correct on your obsorvation of the play. I was standing in line with the play as it developed and two of Surrey's players were standing inside the six keeping the play onside. I'm calling it as I saw it.

Seds

Sep 8, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Norvan 1 - Metro-Ford 0

This was probably out best half of the season followed by one of our worst! We came out very confident, knocking the ball around well. Goal came from our right side with a ball put through to an open Dunnitt who was taken down in the box. After converting the PK, we kept pressing for another goal, unlucky not to get a second.

Second half was similar for the first 10 minutes until Veer went in late on a challenge on our left back Baessatto. Tough to say whether it was an immediate red on not. I'd say a yellow would have been sufficient, but we'll take it nonetheless. However, from that point on, we shite the bed. For whatever reason, we decided to hang on to the ball and also let Mr. Bottiglieri do his stuff in the middle of the park. One Metro-Ford goal was called back on an off-side call and another chance from a scramble in the box was saved on the goal line.

We'll take the 3 points based on our performance from our first half, but the 2nd half serves as a lucky learning experience for us.

Platinum

Sep 28, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Rumour has it that all Whitecap players that are playing in the game against the Galaxy are getting paid for it. Does this mean that professional contracts are still in place? If so what happens to the players that have now sat the required 30 days and are eligible to play in the premier? Should they be playing or not especially if payments are still being made by Kerfoot. Do they have to sit another 30 days after the Galaxy game? Is there going to be protests in the future? Just posing a few questions since I believe a few Whitecaps have made their first appearances this past weekend.

Leftonly

Jul 18, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Decent game with FF and Clanbus today -

Columbus had way more chances and should have scored a number of goals on breakaways especially in the second half. We had some great chances in the first, the offside was on me, which makes no sense as I was looking at Tony G who was two maybe three yards in front of me when the balls was played through, a weird spin I think caught him off guard, but no chance on the offside. To be fair though, Columbus were called on many offsides that looked fine. In fact it made what was tactically a decent game turn into a NBA game of stops and starts, as both linesman were horrendous, and was actually a shame, as it appeared they just felt bore, the one on Clanbus side was absolutely embarassing. The VMSL needs a upgrade in refs and lino's - word is the Manifold lookalike is a new ref now in the league and did his first game last week, perhaps he will be better with more wheels than manifold hopefully to keep up to the play.

Enough of that, a good point for us, onto Delta next week for an important game to keep up to West Van.

Although, we have not had Walks this year, mind you saw him at the Suns/Sonics game and KJ finally had a ring on that finger, so perhaps this is it?

Cheers,

Leftonly

Jul 18, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Anyone know the rule for the third team to get relegated this year? Asked Azzi at a game a few weeks back and he said he would have to check the minutes, which can often be short for "we will see where Metro Ford fits in and then decide" - Is it a playoff between bottom two teams from each side, or the worst second to bottom team overall goes down?

oranje

Nov 12, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Anyone know the rule for the third team to get relegated this year? Asked Azzi at a game a few weeks back and he said he would have to check the minutes, which can often be short for "we will see where Metro Ford fits in and then decide" - Is it a playoff between bottom two teams from each side, or the worst second to bottom team overall goes down?

The bottom two teams from both sides are automatically relegated. The second to last two teams from either side have a relegation game to play to determine who goes down (and who stays up). One team will be promoted from Div. 1 this year.

Next year the Premier Div. will have have a balanced schedule between all 12 teams. Each will play each other twice. There will no longer be two sides (A&B).

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Rumour has it that all Whitecap players that are playing in the game against the Galaxy are getting paid for it. Does this mean that professional contracts are still in place? If so what happens to the players that have now sat the required 30 days and are eligible to play in the premier? Should they be playing or not especially if payments are still being made by Kerfoot. Do they have to sit another 30 days after the Galaxy game? Is there going to be protests in the future? Just posing a few questions since I believe a few Whitecaps have made their first appearances this past weekend.

Go ahead and protest.......they can take the 3 points that we didn't earn away.

sandbagger

Aug 27, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sapp 2 Inter 2

Sapp in the 30th, Rob Sing. Sapp outlplayed Inter (in my opinion) for 65-70 minutes with many chances to make it 2-0, including a crossbar on the 1-foot-below-regulation-size-goal at Adanac. Inter in the 65th to tie, Crouch lying on his ass off a scramble poked it in. Sapp in the 83rd to make it 2-1 (Fabio Confeiteiro). Inter goalie freaks (thought it was offside - but it wasn't), gets into confrontation with Rene, who hates young guys, and gets tossed out (straight red). Sapp to take the 3 points to the bank, right? Nope. Inter off a corner in the 87th (Crouch). Inter with 2 or 3 chances to win in the last 3 minutes.

The result? A tie that should have been a win but could have easily been a loss.

Adanac was an absolute disgrace. Grass was a foot deep in some places. The goal at the south end has got to be a foot shorter than a regulation sized goal. Seven straight games on shitty grass fields has got me longing for turf (I never thought I'd ever say that).

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Gomesy, you are absolutely correct on your obsorvation of the play. I was standing in line with the play as it developed and two of Surrey's players were standing inside the six keeping the play onside. I'm calling it as I saw it.
I was less than 10 feet from it and to me he was offside by 2 or 3 yards when the shot was taken. Regardless, 1-0 for the Sporting who are a pretty good side and making due with what they have right now.

It's tough to know already that second is the best we'll probably be on our side...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0