Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier [VMSL Premier] Results & Banter - October 2004

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reccos

Oct 7, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Junglee:

Are you a member of the "Association in Defence of the Wrongfully Convicted"? You might even qualify for honorary spokesperson.

Ok, we concede that Clarke didn't intend to have the other guy's head attack his elbow but please comment on the 3 other "A" team Leopards who have made it on the suspended list this week. What is it 4 "A" Leopards on the list and 1 "B" player?
I suspect that the League is conspiring to halt the Leopards continued presence at the top of the table-anything to halt the upstart organization's tre-mendous start with 12 pts in 6 games.

Junglee, what do you think?

junglee

Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Reccos,

I was waiting for your pathetic little attempt to bring in comments that have no relevance to the specified topic.
oh by the way, were you at the game vs. the firefighters?
probably not, cause you were nicely cuddled under that frickin bridge you live under.

Your continued efforts to 'disturb' the afc clubhouse has lead to nothing. the only thing positive is the fact that your affiliated team is in the shtter and will have a huge battle to even stay in the premier division, AGAIN!

And if you really have nothing better to do than probe the AFC camp, the list of players suspended includes guys with accumulated yellows. it's a man's game, BIATCH.

Reccos

Oct 7, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Junglee:

You once again have your facts incorrect. I am not affiliated with that team or club you reference. By the way, it is hard not to see the number of Leopards on the suspended list as the list is not that long.

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Reccos said:
I am not affiliated with that team or club you reference.

Reccos, come on, you may not be affiliated with Sapperton this year, as a Coach, but you were and still may be, the coach of the Sapperton summer league team. This is the same team that has had some heated battles with the AFC affiliated team, South Africa. So to say that you have nothing to do with them would be incorrect.

I am guessing that AFC could be in card trouble for much of the year, if they are as quick as I have heard they are, then the only way to slow them down, is to kick those quick players as soon as they get close to you. Well no player is going to take this for very long and so you get those fantastic retaliation yellow cards. Can't wait for the AFC vs. Sap game should be a dandy, I am sure Reccos will be at that one.

hos

Reccos

Oct 7, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
AFC are a very skilled, quick team but with the number of suspensions they have now they are reminescent of that old Burnaby Lake team in Div. 1 in the early to mid '90s that had a lot of skill but failed to get promoted due to cards and suspensions by the end of the year. There were too many Hanson brother types on that team. AFC are now promoted and just need to be better focused and disciplined or they run the risk of blowing one of the best starts for a new side in Premier.

Too much mouthing off doesn't help them but clearly there are some very skilled guys there with a lot of speed. HOS, you may be right that they need to realize that guys (with less skill in a lot of cases) will be hanging all over them and trying to get them off their game.

I just may go to that game when AFC play Sap A and, no I am not coaching the summer team for Sap. My last game was the summer final vs. AFC and the big shoot out that Sap won. Had to quit with a win.

pearsy

Feb 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Junglee, i've been reading your comments and i've known Ian for a long time and played with him before. what he did was uncharacteristic of him.... that being said i have no question in my mind that there was intent to injure with that elbow... it wasn't an accident, he meant to do damage. during the course of a game everyone gets a little frustrated but there is absolutely no need for that in this league. I hold no grudges and I believe Ian got what he deserved.

animal

Aug 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Junglee,

You are right Ian is not a goon, he is a spinless c*nt. You guys have some great players on that team, but on the day you were getting pissed on. What happened was pure frustration and throwing an elbow with that volosity(sp) is worse that throwing a punch as there is no defence to it and you don't see it coming. We all know Ian wouldn't have the balls to face pearsy and hit as he couldn't even look at us after the game.

HOS elbows get thrown all the time but not like this one.

Animal

cside17

Better Bastard
Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Khalsa 2- DCRollops 1.

DCR scored 2 own goals!

Ref was shooockkking. Allows Khalsa to start the 2nd half, they start screaming, because HOS was still in the change room pulling his spud, with another player. They only have 9 on the field!

Aren't the ref and his 2 assistants to check if there are 2 keepers in the game? Ref calls it back and has a restart at center.

Head ref assesser was there. We asked what would happen if the DCRollops had the ball and scored. He said the goal would count. And it should have been a DCr free kick once he blew the whistle.

He made many notes, I think a certain ref called "Joe" blew his assessment!

So what were you doing HOS?

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Slurrey 3 - AFC 2 - Elbows thrown 0

Bit of a stinker in Cloverhoof today. The nicest part of the game besides the pitch was the weather. It's 3 we will certainly take though. I think 6-6 would have been a fair result as our finish was... well, terrible. Drew bailed us out on the other end. Man is AFC a dangerous team going forward.

sid

Dec 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Reccos said:
AFC are a very skilled, quick team but with the number of suspensions they have now they are reminescent of that old Burnaby Lake team in Div. 1 in the early to mid '90s that had a lot of skill but failed to get promoted due to cards and suspensions by the end of the year. There were too many Hanson brother types on that team. AFC are now promoted and just need to be better focused and disciplined or they run the risk of blowing one of the best starts for a new side in Premier.

Too much mouthing off doesn't help them but clearly there are some very skilled guys there with a lot of speed. HOS, you may be right that they need to realize that guys (with less skill in a lot of cases) will be hanging all over them and trying to get them off their game.

I just may go to that game when AFC play Sap A and, no I am not coaching the summer team for Sap. My last game was the summer final vs. AFC and the big shoot out that Sap won. Had to quit with a win.
they will never compare to sappertons winning record under dave corr first time a div 1 team wins div 1 & then premier reeccos any comments??

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
cside17 said:
Khalsa 2- DCRollops 1.

DCR scored 2 own goals!

So what were you doing HOS?

Man, was that one long piss or what, plus, it takes a garbage can a long time to get out of the changeroom. Not a very good game out at Ambleside yesterday, the pitch was in great shape, but the wind made for a strange game. First goal for Khalsa came off a Little Ricky cross that was headed in by the Troller stopper, I think it was Carphin. Lots of yellows in the first half, I think it was Trollers 7 - Khalsa 2 for yellows, Joe was giving them out like crazy, but he did keep the game from getting out of hand.

Second half, young veteran Golden Boot leader Tommy Adamson scored a superlative goal (how is that Azziism?) when he caught the Khalsa back line ball watching, including the keeper. 1-1 the rest of the way with Khalsa playing into the wind, we scored the winner in injury time when we worked the ball quickly out of the back and up the flank, got a quick cross in, that I thought we touched last, but it might have been a Troller defender, 2-1 Khalsa win. A little pay back for the first game of the season, when they scored on us in injury time to take the win.

Final Score 2-1, Elbows 1. On to Slurrey next Friday night, now all we have to do in find a field to play on, NTG, can we use NAP on Friday or is the Cloverhoof Turf open?

hos

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
PREMIER 'A' # Team GP W T L GF GA PTS
1 ICSF Inter 8 4 1 3 19 12 13
2 Burnaby Canadians "A" 8 3 4 1 11 10 13
3 Trollers FC "A" 8 4 1 3 14 16 13
4 Khalsa SC "A" 7 4 0 3 14 14 12
5 Sapperton Rovers "A" 7 3 0 4 11 14 9
6 Westside Rino "A" 8 2 2 4 11 15 8
7 Croatia SC "A" 7 1 2 4 10 13 5

Well Side A sure is tight at the Top, and Croatia sure has made it a lot more interesting with that win, can't send them down just yet. Did the Tommy Babic transfer to Khalsa fire the boys up that much, should be a great game in a few weeks. Burnaby with a big 2-1 win over ClanBus, with all the top teams going head to head up until X-mas, should be lots of fun.

hos

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
PREMIER 'B' # Team GP W T L GF GA PTS
1 Vanc. Firefighters "A" 7 3 4 0 17 10 13
2 AFC Leopards "A" 7 4 0 3 11 14 12
3 Sporting Club "A" 8 3 3 2 16 10 12
4 Columbus-Clan FC "A" 7 3 1 3 15 15 10
5 Surrey United "A" 6 2 2 2 11 8 8
6 Metro-Ford Wolves "A" 7 2 2 3 7 11 8
7 Pegasus FC "A" 7 1 2 4 11 16 5

I shouldn't forget the Weak Side of the VMSL Premier Division, they just keep getting beat in all the cross-over games.

hos

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sap 3 - Inter 2

Didn't really deserve the win. In fact, we played an ugly 2nd half and Cory Breure bailed us out with some huge saves. But I'd rather win ugly than lose pretty. I see the Druggies have come back down to earth. Funny that some of the players found out that they're getting paid with counterfit US $100 bills. Coincidence?......hmmmmmmmmmm. ;) If it wasn't for shitty Peggy, they'd be sweating a little more.

Trevor Todd had a break-out game. 2 great goals, the last a header with 10 minutes left to break the dead-lock. I love playing Inter. Haven't lost a league game to them in 3 years.

Kent gave Inter the lead at the 5 min. mark, but made up for it with one of the most beautiful goals you'd ever see; a 30 yard rocket into the far top hand corner at the 10 min. mark. Westside is wishing they had some finish right now. They must be shitting the bed.

We need more wins.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0