Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier [VMSL Premier] Results & Banter - October 2004

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
cerebral smallsy said:
an incredibly painful experience.

Were you there? ;)

It is like Dr. Jeckle and Mr. Khalsa, what team will show up from week to week. Well it was the Mr. Team, but this time the CAT players took over the middle of the park and the veterans took over the back line, on fire, they had 65% of the possesion, but we have a counter attack that is un-forgiving, as long as we finish, which we didn't do on the first 3 break-aways. A good win to put us back in second place, but this Side is sooo fukced up, anyone can beat anyone on any given weekend, who knows where everyone is going to end up.

Lots of fun at Mercer for our first game of the season, and I even got a shut-out, imagine that, on to Sapperton next Saturday, should be a cracker.

hos

How did Peg vs. Wolves do tonight, Where is Higgsy?

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
As NTG posted last night, Peg 2-0 Metro-Ford.

Gavin with a rocket of a free kick in the first half and a Bunny speed special in the second gave us the much needed 3 points... London was fantastic between the pipes as the Wolves could have had perhaps 5 goals themselves. Perhaps they should put Higgsy up front? :rolleyes:

All things considered, it was a pretty amazing performance by the lads last night. 2 halves down, 28 to go... :D

Cheers,

~Regs.

sarge

Aug 31, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
definately worth the 6 minutes..............classic!

Congrats to the peg lads for showing up after the long PEI trip. Good to see a win finally. Tough not to be there, but these old legs are calling for some time off! :bronco:

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
NO2, that's the second time I've seen you post that in two different (unrelated) threads. Are you trying to make a point?

Regs said:
gave us the much needed 3 points
Understatement of the season. Well done to turn the ship around.

john

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Other results from today as per the excellent site...........

PREM
Surrey United "A"
Columbus-Clan "A"
Cloverdale Athletic
1-2

PREM
Burnaby Canadians "A"
Sapperton Rovers "A"
Bby. Lake West # 2
1-0

NO2

Sep 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
NO2, that's the second time I've seen you post that in two different (unrelated) threads. Are you trying to make a point?

No point!! I just thought the prem. lads would appreciate the skill.

No2

zeus

Aug 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Firemen 3 - AFC 1

To quote a friend of mine..."AFC was out-played, out-scored and out-classed!"

Sporting 3 - Trollers 0

john

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Zeus,

Give us your own quote now :eek:

Congrats on the win............though I knew you won as Mikey was calling on the way home :D

Fireman on top, who'da thunk that one?????? Scoring goals was gong to be your toughest thing and with Peter gone it didn't look bright but you guys are getting it done, keep it up.

animal

Aug 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
John,

Do you not answer when you guys lose? or wasit cause you owe me money?

I have called after avery one of your teams games to see how you did, not my fault we haven't lost yet.

Animal

iwishrufcwouldgrowupandanswertherephoneafteraloss.

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sap 0 - Burnaby 1

Don't give Burnaby a lead, or they'll put 11 men within 25 yards of their goal.

Quite shocking our finishing, really. We possesed for about 30 minutes in the 1st and 40 min. in the 2nd, but every shot we took was of 2nd division quality. If we had any finish it would have been a lot different.

Burnaby goal came from a good Scott Walters run which resulted in a stupid trip in the box 15 minutes into the 2nd. After that Burnaby didn't touch the ball. But really they didn't need to. They knew we couldn't score on the day, so why bother going forward. The 1-nil goal was the insurance marker they needed.

Pretty frustrated right now.

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
PREMIER 'B' # Team GP W T L GF GA PTS
1 Vanc. Firefighters "A" 6 3 3 0 14 7 12
2 AFC Leopards "A" 6 4 0 2 9 11 12
3 Columbus-Clan FC "A" 6 3 1 2 14 13 10
4 Sporting Club "A" 6 2 3 1 13 7 9
5 Surrey United "A" 5 1 2 2 8 6 5
6 Metro-Ford Wolves "A" 6 1 2 3 6 11 5
7 Pegasus FC "A" 5 1 1 3 6 10 4

Who would have thought that the Wolves and Pegasus would be battling with Slurrey for the Relegation spot, everyone thought it would be Slurrey and AFC.

PREMIER 'A' # Team GP W T L GF GA PTS
1 Trollers FC "A" 6 4 0 2 11 12 12
2 ICSF Inter 6 3 1 2 13 8 10
3 Burnaby Canadians "A" 6 2 3 1 7 7 9
4 Khalsa SC "A" 6 3 0 3 12 13 9
5 Westside Rino "A" 6 2 2 2 9 8 8
6 Sapperton Rovers "A" 6 2 0 4 8 12 6
7 Croatia SC "A" 6 0 2 4 7 12 2

When you look at this Side, who knows who will come out on Top, should be close all year, but the head to head Division games are huge, all 6 point games until Christmas.

hos

Notty

Oct 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Burnaby goal came from a good Scott Walters run which resulted in a stupid trip in the box 15 minutes into the 2nd. After that Burnaby didn't touch the ball. But really they didn't need to. They knew we couldn't score on the day, so why bother going forward. The 1-nil goal was the insurance marker they needed.
WAB...true assessment of the first half...Sapperton certainly out worked, hustled and played us 80% of the time, but the second half was a different story. We have been consistently week in the first half of all our games, including pre season, where teams have capitalized with a goal or two forcing us into a catch-up situation. With that being said, we were played much more competitive in the second half. But to say we didn't touch the ball is completely wrong. The play had flow in both ends with the all the chances at goal coming from BBY. Trevor had to make one save all game and was forced to challenge on possibly 1 or 2 other plays. Other than that, there were no real threats.
~Notty

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Notty,

My post was more to do with my frustration of our finishing. True enough, your post is a little more accurate than mine. But Trevor didn't have to make tough saves because our shots were disappointingly very weak.

cside17

Better Bastard
Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
DCRollops 2 BBy Canadians 2

BBy up 2-0 when I arrived with 25 to go. DCR got 1 back. Then a BBY player went down in the DCR box injured. Ref checked with the player , ref screamed play on. DCR played on and the ball went out deep in the BBY end. DCR scored from the throw in. All sorts of bitchin after that.

Ref said afterwards, the player stated he was fine, so he let play run!

Can't wait for the BBY version/whine!

Ankle Breaker

Sep 15, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Inter beat Westside 4-1. It was nil -nil in the first half. Westside had some chances but could not score. In the second half we played very strong and scored a fantastic goal off a header by Kevin C. We started slow in the beginning of the season which was expected due to the number of new players on the team. However, we have slowly picked it up. Hopefully, we can continue with our good play next week against Sap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0