Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier [VMSL Premier] Results & Banter - October 2004

Status
Not open for further replies.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The excellent site shows Sporting over Peg 3-2.

Any report Sensei?

~Regs.

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
That is two bad results at Kinsmen, perhaps NTG should move this team out to the NAP sooner than later, or it will be a battle down to the wire with MF and Slurrey United for relegation.

What is going on with Weakside, Smallsy, I thought you guys have a new keeper?

hos

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Coach said:
Where were you Regs if Sporting played Peg?

If i may ask. :D
I was sick at home.

I am probably done until the new year as my operation is in 2 weeks today. What ever little fitness I had is now gone so there is no point in attempting to play at this level for the next 2 games beforehand :D

Cheers,

~Regs.

cerebral smallsy

Oct 5, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
What is going on with Weakside, Smallsy, I thought you guys have a new keeper?

new keeper should be available next week. not that the current keeper we have hasn't done the job. we have been terrible in front of him. for all our possession in games, we lack the creativity and finish to break the opposition. yesterday we let in three goals in span of 10 minutes due to some loose defending and that was all she wrote. certainly not going to panic, as we annually go through a spell like this. big relegation match next week with croatia that he have to focus on. thankfully our halloween bash is saturday nite, i'm usually at my best hungover... :rolleyes:

gomesy_jr

Aug 14, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sporting 3 - 2 Peg

Sensei wasn't at the game either yesterday, so i'll do a quick recap. We went up 1-0 on a Steve Dormer breakaway mid-way through the first half and it stayed that way going into the dressing room. Just before half-time, Brum collided with JB when he was coming out to punch away a cross. JB had to leave the game with a shoulder injury, but x-rays were negative. 2nd half Peg was doing a good job pressuring and tied it up on a nice shot by Steadman. We went up 2-1 a little later on a goal by our 17 year old rookie, Craig DeMello who was put in alone by Steve Dormer on the top of the 18. Peg came right back and tied it a minute later on a cracker by TJ Sugars on a shot from outside the 18 after a cross bounce out to him. Steve Dormer scored on another breakaway with 15min. left and we hung on to the win. Stevie London made a couple great saves, one robbing me on a header in the 1st half. Peg had their chances as well, a couple scary loose balls in the 18 that got cleared out. We had some great weather and it was a good game.

Cheers,
Jr.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
My spin on the Peg game was they looked a lot better than their last visit to Kinsmen which was NOT good, and deserved a point. Peg attacked pretty well but their central defence looked a bit like it was the first time they met...Fiddler is not his best at that position, he and Shorty did not seem comfortable with eachother at all...my old boys mates agreed...although we were drinking rather heavily @ the time... :p

The kid on the left for Sporting had unbelievable pace...

zeus

Aug 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I was just looking on the "excellent site" and noticed that Ian Clark (AFC Leopards) got a 5 game suspension.......I'm glad to see the league's willing to come down hard on those players you deserve it!

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Zeus,

Maybe they should put you on a 5 game suspension so that you can go on the "cleansing diet" Therob and Rangerforever are on!

Just a thought,

~Regs.

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Zeus said:
I was just looking on the "excellent site" and noticed that Ian Clark (AFC Leopards) got a 5 game suspension.......I'm glad to see the league's willing to come down hard on those players you deserve it!

What the hell did he do? I also see that a Blaze player has a 5 gamer, what did this player do Army?

Looks like AFC is missing a few players vs. Slurrey this weekend, United might be able to get a win with Larsson missing up front for the Leopards.

Good luck to all this weekend,
Moderator HOS.

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hands of Stone said:
What the hell did he do? I also see that a Blaze player has a 5 gamer, what did this player do Army?1

2.Moderator HOS.[/QUOTE]

1 Started a fight. He deserved 5 games, at least. He was an absolute cnut that game.

2.This place is going to the dogs.

junglee

Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
If Ian Clarke is that much of a 'goon' to warrant a 5 game suspension then what would the Firefighters backline get for all the hack and whack that they provide. it's pretty funny to see how the league reacts to certain situations for 'certain' people.

Ian Clarke deservedly got a red card for tossing an elbow. he had his back turned at the time and in no way knew that he was about to connect perfectly above the left eye.

The after effects of the elbow(the oohing and aahhhing) is what caused the 5 game suspension and not the act of throwing an elbow.

zeus

Aug 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Regs,

I think you need a diet before I would my friend......Skinny fat guy is much worse!

Junglee,

If you throw an elbow like that you should expect to be punished. The ooohhing and aaaahing was justified as Pearsy had his eye socket dettached from his nasal cavity, still has double vision and had about 6 stitches.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Zeus,

I'm about 4 games ahead of you! To be honest though, I didn't think the word skinny would ever be in your vocabulary arsenal!

Let the hair comebacks commence,

~Regs.

junglee

Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well if suspensions are primarily based upon the type of injury recieved - why didn't one of our other players get suspended for 8 games after a horrible collision that forced Todd out with a possible(???) broken collarbone?

what i'm trying to say is that you must have some sort of serious intent to warrant a 5-gamer.

p.s. it looked like Ruud had more intent than Ian did, and he only got 3.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ahhh, I think it’s safe to say throwing an elbow to the head is considered serious intent if not I would hate to be on the other end of what you thought it was.

Zues, I saw you last week at the CAT game bud… lets just say if we threw a couple of sticks between your legs and sent you on a run it wouldn’t be log before your shorts where on fire.

Hefty Boy is having a sale all week.

zeus

Aug 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
KNVB,

I'm not fat I'm just big boned! If being a skinny rake is the alternative (hence your physic) then I'll pass.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Tubby McFatarse said:
I'm not fat I'm just big boned!
Well, you've got a lot of big meat wrapped around those big bones then don't you?

Ironic we're talking fat and Bronco jumps in innit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0