Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier [VMSL Premier] Results & Banter September '09

Status
Not open for further replies.

Polska

Not Bright
Sep 10, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Regs that's not what I meant. I was saying that we need upper level soccer players to teach the youth. Clarkey is just an example.
There is no development with dads and moms,only protections. They mean well but can not teach the game.
All you have to do is take the silver one side or a gold side to Portland or one of those tournaments and you will see what I am talking about.
We are miles behind. Only stacked teams with ringers have a chance.

fixed to prevent an ulcer... Mr base ... u are welcome

LION

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Mr base is out to lunch.

Who says "upper class players" make good coaches.
Most the time its the opposite. If you had/have the skill on the field, doesn't mean you would be a good coach.
most of the time its the exact opposite.

I hope its different now. I played a 4-4-2 probably 80% of my life, and didn't learn a defensive "team" system untill my mid twenties.
If you look at pro teams, they all play the zonal system. No man to man coverage.
Every player on the field on the same page when it comes to the system.
I am hoping the kids now a days are learning tactics and the "smarts" of the game, not just the skills etc..

I think that is the biggest difference here in Canada. We can be all atheletes, run our bag off etc.. but don't read and see the game as well as other countries.
Cause of coaching programs.

I heard a good point the other day.
Supposedly, in many other countries, when you are 40 plus years of age, you either ref, or coach/manage a club team. Using all your experience and teaching the young ones.

Here in Canada, we have hundreds of 40 plus year olds still playing, and not turning in to local refs, coaches, $, management etc..
I could see how this could change the system etc..
I guess in Brasil, S.America etc, there are not ample fields to play on and the youth/open mens get the field times. So you really don't have a choice if you still want to be part of the game.

Croatia tied WestVan with a 21, 19, 23 and 22 year old in the line up last week.
No youth?

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
If you play zone you are down a goal before you start. Club that play zone must have three very very fast players in the back. It is not posible to have that here. Most clubs have two. If you play four five one you might tie again. With four four two clubs with more subs with higher level of skill will win.
Sure those are young guys Lion but in order to stay in the league it's twenty eight and up that will keap you there. It is good to have two three younger guys but not on the field at the same time.

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
To add to Lions Post ,so little soccer is played in Europe after you have come to terms with the fact you wont be turning Pro that there is only 1 Open mens regular tournament I could find on the Web for any open mens team to play in.(Manchester).
The Umbro International Soccer Cup – Euro Worldwide Events Ltd – Manchester England
There are some 7 vs 7 and some indoor tournaments but I couldnt find a regular 11 man opens mens tournament anywhere. (maybe Im blind)
Tons and I mean tons of childrens tournaments but not any for open mens.
One of my guys who just moved here from Middlesbrough told me yesterday that he has never played so much soccer since moveing here to Canada. After Highschool there is nothing except a Sunday afternoon Pub league where he says the soccer is more of a kick around and most teams dont have kits. Oh and its 7 vs 7.
He says its because they have no pitches for anyone to use except for the Bigger Clubs and youth.
He also said there are NO Masters teams at all. The older players who still want to play are all Xpros and play an indoor type game.
After speeking to him at practice one of my guys who just moved here from Brasil spoke up and said its even worse in Brasil. There are no fields at all and all the kids play beach and street soccer. That is unless you are discoved and or have money and then you can train with a club team as there are thousands of club teams. But if you cannot make the club...you are out of soccer right at that moment. for good. most move to a weeker club and try again.
Both guys told me they have no Open mens league like we have here. Where you can play for fun in a league that is like ours. Organized fun league they call it.
So as far as I am told from 2 guys fresh off the boat from the UK and Brasil we are very lucky here.
They also both told me that anyone loveing the game stays in soccer as a Ref or coach/helper in some way to the game. My guy from Brasil told me his father lines the local field everyweek for free so the kids can train. his neighbour cuts the lawn and another puts up the nets and takes them down every day. Community love of the game.

LION

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Mr.SpaceCase,

I was just replying to you saying they had no youth. They do.

S.United will beat other teams this year 4 or more nothing. promise.

I did not say that teams should play that system.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thanks Lion got it. When you have lots of kids at that level it's true you will beat other clubs 4 to zip. With input from the X pro you must get better. And parents who love the sport.

Apr 16, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dude stay the same. It is all about fun and self centre. BC Premier League is comming MLS is comming. Now we have to change for Canadian kids to have a chance to play at upper levels. Only Div 1 USA soccer players will be drafted. Now you worry about the spelling. It is clear. Pick id up or stay on the outside of the fance. Just look what Surrey Has done in a short time with Nail Thompson in charge of the seniors and Clarky of the youth. Mons and dads have to give it up to soccer players to develop the youth.
Good cheer and posative talk that's all they need to do. Suls is on the right track. Best of luck to him.

The only youth player Niall plays is Gagan Josan.. not surprising because he's a national team player. As far as I know, a couple of talented young players ( 18 - 20 ) who played for the provincial team/whitecaps left the team during last season after being regularly benched, despite being better then some of the starters

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
To add to Lions Post ,so little soccer is played in Europe after you have come to terms with the fact you wont be turning Pro that there is only 1 Open mens regular tournament I could find on the Web for any open mens team to play in.(Manchester).
The Umbro International Soccer Cup – Euro Worldwide Events Ltd – Manchester England
There are some 7 vs 7 and some indoor tournaments but I couldnt find a regular 11 man opens mens tournament anywhere. (maybe Im blind)
Tons and I mean tons of childrens tournaments but not any for open mens.
One of my guys who just moved here from Middlesbrough told me yesterday that he has never played so much soccer since moveing here to Canada. After Highschool there is nothing except a Sunday afternoon Pub league where he says the soccer is more of a kick around and most teams dont have kits. Oh and its 7 vs 7.
He says its because they have no pitches for anyone to use except for the Bigger Clubs and youth.
He also said there are NO Masters teams at all. The older players who still want to play are all Xpros and play an indoor type game.
After speeking to him at practice one of my guys who just moved here from Brasil spoke up and said its even worse in Brasil. There are no fields at all and all the kids play beach and street soccer. That is unless you are discoved and or have money and then you can train with a club team as there are thousands of club teams. But if you cannot make the club...you are out of soccer right at that moment. for good. most move to a weeker club and try again.
Both guys told me they have no Open mens league like we have here. Where you can play for fun in a league that is like ours. Organized fun league they call it.
So as far as I am told from 2 guys fresh off the boat from the UK and Brasil we are very lucky here.
They also both told me that anyone loveing the game stays in soccer as a Ref or coach/helper in some way to the game. My guy from Brasil told me his father lines the local field everyweek for free so the kids can train. his neighbour cuts the lawn and another puts up the nets and takes them down every day. Community love of the game.

So they don't have a fcuking Super League? :mad: WTF? Brazil always make the World Cup and England have qualified already and they did this without a Super League. :confused:

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
If you play zone you are down a goal before you start. Club that play zone must have three very very fast players in the back. It is not posible to have that here. Most clubs have two. If you play four five one you might tie again. With four four two clubs with more subs with higher level of skill will win.
Sure those are young guys Lion but in order to stay in the league it's twenty eight and up that will keap you there. It is good to have two three younger guys but not on the field at the same time.

Systems mean fcuk all if the players can't do the fundamentals well.....such as tracking, passing, etc.......

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Lion you might be right when you say not tomany upper level soccer players make good coaches. Just the same they get the jobs. It is all body system. If you think you will change it good luck.
With no wins or draws they still get the pay cheque and the jobs.

larsson

Aug 12, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sir M are you still around the older guys in West Van are looking for you!!!! you must be too busy catching bad guys!!!

larsson

Aug 12, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Lion you might be right when you say not tomany upper level soccer players make good coaches. Just the same they get the jobs. It is all body system. If you think you will change it good luck.
With no wins or draws they still get the pay cheque and the jobs.

Was this meant for John Vairo (Metro Ford), Brian Weavers (Sapperton), Steve Burns ( Club Ireland) ......my bad i did not read the "upper level soccer players " part...the only upper level players turn coach i can think of in BC is Steve Millar and Gary Ayre

larsson

Aug 12, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Lardson,

We don't expect much thinking out of you. Stick to the eating, it's very becoming on you.

Tuna,

that is the best you can come up with. To bad i am not fat anymore. maybe you should go to school and learn how to run a business...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0