Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier [VMSL Premier] Results & Banter September '09

Status
Not open for further replies.

two-nine

Sep 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
delta beat west van 2-1. I got all three points for delta as i got a double yellow 35 min in. Stupid cards by me as delta had nothing before i was sent off. Delta with two goals as we were down to ten men. on to richmond next week

kjohnsob

Aug 25, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
delta beat west van 2-1. I got all three points for delta as i got a double yellow 35 min in. Stupid cards by me as delta had nothing before i was sent off. Delta with two goals as we were down to ten men. on to richmond next week

What planet are were you on to get 2 yellows as a keeper? A red I could understand but 2 yellows :confused:

how'd it happen?

laylow

Sep 12, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
At 1-0 for us our guy got taken down for a clear penalty and Miro waved play on. So 29 freaked out, got a yellow for yelling about it, then kept going and Miro gave him a second yellow right away. The first yellow was expected, but for the second he didn't swear or anything, but Miro decided he had enough and pulled out a second yellow. As 29 said, big mistake by him. Especially as we had no back-up keeper on the day, so Shorty went in net for the 15 or so mins left in the first half...we held on well for the half and could have scored 1 or 2 more.

Second half we put another guy in goal and again we held on well and kept Delta to shots from the outside, but with about 20 to go, they scored on a long deflected shot which beat our keeper. Then with about 10 to go then scored again. We could have tied it on a few occasions but couldn't finish our chances.

Any other prem scores from today?

Wrecking Crew

Sep 10, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Columbus 2-0 ICST Peg
It was a fast paced, well contested first half with both teams having some spells of possession and pressure. Felt bad that Costley went down with an apparent knee injury...hope it isn't torn... and then CJ struggled with a back issue. TK with a class chip to the top corner in the 44th opened the scoring.

Columbus had the run of play in the second half and defended well when needed...Lindley with a couple of nice saves bought us time and TK got us a 2 goal cushion with an even classier free kick in the 70th. The game opened up and should have been a few more goals on counter attacks and non pk calls.

Reedie's boys are solid and will continue to take points off teams this year. Good result and performance aided by the return of our 3 suspended players - Poli, Deblasio, and Mcechs were monsters today!

Up next - Croatia...
WC

hard ballz

Sep 18, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Croatia 3-1 Westside......A bit of a sloppy game i'd say. We (Croatia) went up 1-0 in the first half. Early in the second half Westside scored to tie it up. In the last 15 Brkich (sp?) was taken down in the box and got the pk. He score's on the pk to put us ahead. About 5 minutes later Marty heads home the insurance goal to give us the 3 points. On to next week.

Hard Ballz

sixfyv

Apr 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
you just didnt want to play against us next week, two-nine. i know, i know...

and i had such a nice wind-up post drafted up and ready to fire off, and everything.

robino

Sep 24, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Just wondering, how many players on Delta team are still there from a team that got promoted to the Premier league few years back??

sixfyv

Apr 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Three of us went to Club Ireland last year (now Richmond FC). The bulk went with Randy Samuel, Pedro DeNobriga, and Ivo Gottardo to Lobbans in Div 1, with a few splitting off to other premier teams.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sixfyv, very few of the Delta Blaze team that got promoted are now with Lobbans. In fact, the only 2 I recognized were Daniel Tshimba at the back and Rob Commons up front.

The squad you guys had back then was much stronger!

Grimm

Oct 23, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Peg/Clan game was pretty evenly contested IMO. Peg had lots of posession in the second half but couldn't break down an organized Clan defence. Clan looked dangerous whipping crosses into the box which Peg dealt with like a Chinese fire drill. Peg will definitely stay up this year and look like they have good depth which has been a problem in the recent past.

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sapperton 1 - Richmond FC 1

Although RFC had good chances in the 1st half, I felt we should have taken all 3 points when up 1 nil and in the 2nd half.

Blakeway in the 20th off the set free kick.
RFC reply in the 75th on a nice counter down the right flank.

That big banana in net is good.

two-nine

Sep 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
sometimes that big banana is good but most of the time he is just a banana. Send your post anyway 6-5 as i haven't had a good laugh in a while. We'll see you next week. I'll see you from the sidelines once again.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
sometimes that big banana is good but most of the time he is just a banana. Send your post anyway 6-5 as i haven't had a good laugh in a while. We'll see you next week. I'll see you from the sidelines once again.

What are the chances of you getting sent away from the park next weekend, two-nine? You should have been sent away in last year's fixture........I'll make sure the ref knows ahead of time to look out for the loud Italian on the sideline. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0