Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier [VMSL Premier] Results & Banter September 2007

Status
Not open for further replies.

oranje

Nov 12, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
10 men inter score to take a 1-0 win....this true?

C'est vrai.

Spirited effort by both sides. Scaligine sent off early in the second half for second yellow. A bit harsh, but Inter buckled down and kept working. They were rewarded shortly after with a PK when Maistry was fouled in the box. Crouch converted the PK for the win. Surprising youngster, Ozkan, kept the clean sheet for Inter. Ollie and Jarko were dangerous for Croatia. Their fireplug central defender was solid (Dutch guys would think he resembles Bouma).

Anyway, chilly night above the Fraser.

Leftonly

Jul 18, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Firemen/Delta Game

Absolutely one of the most frustrating games we have had, full credit to Delta for bagging two early and then creating a bunker Saddam could have used. Love Randy to bits and one of classiest guys I have ever had the chance to play with over the years, but he had that team play like Bobbaduzzi, keeper had at least 40 (no joke) punts, and christ can he punt it, from one 18 to the other, then for the second half, they let us come to half, literally mcauley could have dribbled to 10 to 15 yards within their half, and then they maybe sent one guy. To their credit, we were not creative, kept the ball the whole half, but could not get off any decent shots. Became frustrating when Randy stuck his twin on me and came to hold my water bottle even when I took a drink, if there was a pisser at that pitch I would have checked if he would have come all the way over there too....

If Delta can keep getting up on teams, they wil continue this great run - asian kid that came on 20 in, was great on the bull, should have punted him ten rows deep and see if he kept dancing, but quick and gifted, and a strong team through the middle.

sixtyfive? - who was the plonker you guys put on up front? did not help the cause....but full credit to you guys, congrats on a great start, being a Delta boy from youth, it is great to see what you guys have done and look forward to seeing that team around a long time. Now go fundraise a little, have a pow wow and see if that building that would look like changerooms can put some bleachers along the walls, showers at one end and the doors can be opened.....will be a great venue for fans and teams on friday night games...

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Indo 1 Metro Ford 0

A depleted Metro Ford team on a miserable night.........but it is our first 3 points........We'll take them. Hopefully their striker is okay.....went awkwardly on his knee about 15 minutes into the game..

Seds

Sep 8, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Surrey 1 - Norvan 0

Very disappointing game for Norvan. Like in previous games, came out swinging in first half with most of the possession and penetration, but not much for Sheps to deal with in goal. Surrey didn't have much success on their end as they weathered the storm.

Second half was similar at the start except that Surrey moved their #13 (strong player), which certainly gave us more trouble. Again, few chances were created by Norvan in the second even though they were given opportunities to run at Surrey. Sub in for our injured centre back changed the flow in favor of Surrey who was pouring on the pressure. Norvan seemed to break down on itself in the second, as the goal came off a break down in the Norvan end with a turnover and subsequent shot from #13 at ~20 yards. #19 was also strong up front for them with his speed on the ball. I must give them credit for their perseverence, but a tie would have been a better story given how the first half was played; however, Norvan did give up the ball on many occasions and were rightfully punished on one of their attempts in their own third.

Surrey certainly doesn't look as strong this year - missing Deacon and Dalrymple in the middle of the pitch. They definitely have height at the back with Millar holding the fort, but it seems like they're missing something they had in the past. Norvan is disappointed with their second half performance but looks forward to their next opportunity against Indo.

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Now go fundraise a little, have a pow wow and see if that building that would look like changerooms can put some bleachers along the walls, showers at one end and the doors can be opened.....will be a great venue for fans and teams on friday night games...

Wouldn't matter. When the field was being built Delta was told their were groups that would pay for or build a clubhouse and they refused. Was going to cost them nowt and they didn't want it unfortunately.

knowone

Aug 21, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
yeah surrey u definately missing deacs and dal in the middle this year...
oh wait, they've been missing those two for 3 years.
surrey will still contend, there's still talent in the club (even without deacs and dal):rolleyes:

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Weathered the storm? Hardly. More of a light rain I'd say. Norvan, granted, had good possession in the first half, but most of which in their third, and for "all" that possession they didn't have a sniff on net in the half and I think only 1 shot on target the entire game. We defended well when we needed too.

Our midfield had a poor first half and struggled to gain possession, they'll be the first to admit it, but for all three it was their first game there all year and one kid was 17. The injury bug is hurting us so far but hopefully will get some resources back in the coming weeks and we can get guys back into their regular positions, not we haven't enjoyed our U18's company this year.

Admittedly it was good result for us as we really pulled together and to battled hard to "weather the storm" and with a Croatia loss we pulled ourselves right back into the thick of things.

sandbagger

Aug 27, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sapp 2 Columbus 1

Columbus dominated in the first 20, especially through Deblasio and #8 (Nate, I think). Sapp made a couple of adjustments and the game evened out from then on. In about the 30th minute, TK made a nice run to the byline and hammered a cross low to the far-post for an easy finish by Xausa, who made a smart run. Sapp had an excellent chance in the 35th that yours truly characteristically hammered about 10 yards over the net. In the 44th minute, Cory Breure made a game-saving save off of Robbie Cairns after another low, hard cross. If Columbus had scored there, most likely game over.

In the second half, Sapp continued to push forward while Columbus countered well. Cory made two more great saves, one off of Xausa and the other off of Cairns again, I think. Sapp started to create down the wings and scored in the 65th after a cross by Reyhan Ismail hit the bar and found Jeff Rogers for a difficult, bad-angled shot that he did well to finish.

In about the 80th minute, Sapp thought they should have had a PK when Trevor Todd was brought down in the box. In the 89th, they got a PK when yours truly was brought down in the box. I thought the foul on TT was more severe, so maybe the second was called to make up for the missed call earlier. Columbus didn't seem to complain much. Anyways, Jeff Rogers converted the penalty for his second of the game. Game over.

Good luck to Columbus in the Nationals.

On a side note, one of the linesmen was entertaining. While standing about two yards from the by-line, a ball rolled out of bounds about 3 yards away from him. He couldn't figure out if it was a throw in or a corner (it should have been a corner). After a lengthy debate involving 22 players and the referee, he finally settled on....a throw-in. Interesting (and slightly depressing) stuff.

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sapp rolled all over a rather quite Colon-Clam, TTP posting squad. I can just see Zenga and the boys just bitting there pil.....er, lips wanting to start popping off on the thread. But, hey, in this big business world know as the VMSL where all this crap is locker room pin up material - and no I'm not talking about the free flowing blonde bombshell, Fabio, Inter have on their locker room door while dancing to Cher in the QP changing room last week - I could see how the big dance can take a team's focus away from all this.

Look, Zenga will be back after a very successful Nats for the BC boys. There a very strong and talented squad that will win it all. But on the day, Sapp sent them on their way frustrated.

BTW, all black unis? C'mon.....pf, please:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0