Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier [VMSL Premier] Results & Banter September 2007

Status
Not open for further replies.

5bigtoes

Jul 21, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
We submitted our game times to Ruben many many moons ago, and he booked two of our club teams at the same time on the same field on the same night, Friday at 730 PM:confused:.

And then he asked us to fix it for him this week.

The only other available time on the weekend was 8 on Sunday.

So, you will now have to tape Trailer Park Boys, sorry.

.....is that Ruben Kincad (of Partridge Family Fame)???:rolleyes:
Dear SirM, i am looking forward to the game no matter what the time, date, location...coffee...sit-back...watch "5bigtoes Jr" et al make life difficult for WVan....

Ahkim

Sep 14, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hi, you are wrong, Bobson is not the AFC coach or part of the managenemt team anymore.
Therefore this Ship is probably sinkingis for ohter reasons so
Mr SmartCoach try to get your information right.

SmartCoach

Oct 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hi, you are wrong, Bobson is not the AFC coach or part of the managenemt team anymore.
Therefore this Ship is probably sinkingis for ohter reasons so
Mr SmartCoach try to get your information right.

1 fishing trip successful
2 no bobson
3 no money
4 ship sinking even faster

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey, Andriy Shevchenko of Master's football, what colour kit are Jr's team (Delta Metro Blaze) wearing out at Ambleside on Sunday?

oranje

Nov 12, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Coq. Metro-Ford "A"
Westside FC "A"
Charles Best Turf

Metro Ford builds momentum, Westside begins to come back to the pack. That is if they can find lights in Coquitlam. 2-1 for MF.

Sporting Club
AFC Leopards "A"
ByrneCreekSchool

Sporting continues it's early good form. AFC, not so much. 3-0 for Sporting.

Surrey Utd. "A"
Indo FC "A"
Cloverdale Athletic

Tirefires ablaze, it is not bangra night at CAP. 2-0 for Surrey. KNVB rallies the troops.

Sapperton Rovers
ICSF Inter
Queen's Park Stadium

Inter gets off the snide with a tense, close, 1-0 victory. Sapperton will provide a stern test to Inter. Is Inter VMSL league champ defenders or pretenders?

Firefighters FC
Columbus-Clan FC
South Memorial NE

Firefighters are a well-organized, tight squad. They will defeat Clanbus, who are beginning to look ahead. 2-1 FF.

West Van FC "A"
Delta Metro Blaze
Ambleside ‘D’ Turf

DMB continues it's early season surprising run. West Van, well, Holidays and Tugs are but a distant memory, there is always Tantra. Or, a blanket under the bridge.

Croatia SC "A"
Norvan Eagles
Kinsman Stadium

Croatia will push for the top of the table this week. 2-0 for Darko's destroyers.

There you have it. An abbreviated week three roundup.

sixfyv

Apr 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
looks like surrey squeaked past indo 2-1... and inter handled sapp 2-0... any update from FF v Clan?

Leftonly

Jul 18, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Firemen 3 Clanbus 2

20 Mins in Clanbus up 1-0, Herb Jr attempts to decaptitate Xau, straight red....decent battle in second half for us with only 10 men. Cravs ties it, then Xau puts them back in front 2 mins later, Pete scores a mishap in the box, and AK hits the third with about 15 to go for a good result.

Two new lino's, with one whose shorts come to his nipples and calls everything, and one who can barely see 5 yards onto the pitch and made some phantom calls and non calls when he pleased.

Out to Delta next...

Herb Jr.

Jun 11, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Decapitate is a tad harsh...bit clumsy I'll admit. Straight red was excessive...yellow card would have been right.

Oh well...good character win for Fireman with good, solid performances from all on the pitch.

Looking forward to the 9pm start in East Ladner on friday!?!?! Sixyfv...any change rooms at this pitch or are we showering at your place?

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Norvan 1 Croatia 0.

Oliver had 2 or 3 good chances in the first half hour, but Norvan always looked dangerous on the counterattack. Didar looked invincible to start. Olly came off after about an hour, and then the big Croatia centerback, one of the best players on the pitch, was sent off with around 25 minutes to go for it looked like a 2nd clumsy tackle, and a 2nd yellow, and all of a sudden the two best outfield players were gone from the game. Norvan then took advantage and scored on a brilliant outside of the foot hit that the Croatian goaltender had no chance on shortly thereafter on a break. Up til then it looked like a home tie would have been a great result for Norvan.

I expected more from Croatia though, as no other players other than those mentioned above impressed. Norvan, in a good home effort, hung around and ground this one out. They must be very happy with the three points.

Seds

Sep 8, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Norvan 1 Croatia 0.

Oliver had 2 or 3 good chances in the first half hour, but Norvan always looked dangerous on the counterattack. Didar looked invincible to start. Olly came off after about an hour, and then the big Croatia centerback, one of the best players on the pitch, was sent off with around 25 minutes to go for it looked like a 2nd clumsy tackle, and a 2nd yellow, and all of a sudden the two best outfield players were gone from the game. Norvan then took advantage and scored on a brilliant outside of the foot hit that the Croatian goaltender had no chance on shortly thereafter on a break. Up til then it looked like a home tie would have been a great result for Norvan.

I expected more from Croatia though, as no other players other than those mentioned above impressed. Norvan, in a good home effort, hung around and ground this one out. They must be very happy with the three points.

SirM, you beat me to the punch :). I would have to agree with most of your comments above. I'll add a few of mine to the mix. I was also expecting more from our Croatian opponents, but I should mention that Norvan still has yet to find its form. There were many giveaways throughout the match, but none that ever really hurt us. Didar was solid in goal, picking off many of our crosses. Oli did well on the ball - it will be interesting to see him once he gets his legs back. 1st half was pretty tight with chances at each end, but Norvan had two chances kicked off the line by the Croatian defense. The appropriate red card from Paul Ward in the 2nd certainly helped us - the big defenseman won every head ball off the goal kick. The strike from Regan was brilliant - Didar had no chance as it curled into the top right corner. Yes, we're happy with the 3 points, but there's more for us to improve on.

sixfyv

Apr 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
No changerooms.

He lives in area behind the Hong kong Inn restaurant on trunk road.

Hi sixfyv!!!!
:D
true... pick up some sweet and sour pork... and some beef and tomato fried rice... and head over to my place. foureleven will be slingin beers... threetwo will be talking your ear off... and twofour will be sitting there crapping his pants :rolleyes:

seeyouatthelanding

WVFC 1 - 2 DMB
We will take the three points. WV keeper was the difference. Interesting match next week.

reportz

Aug 8, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Surrey United 2 Indo Sikh Temple Football Club 1.......

KNVB any thoughts on the game?

I thought it had some intensity to it, Surrey knew that they couldn't afford another loss and did what they had to do to win.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I assume you were there?

I thought we played the best first half we have all season which wasn’t hard considering we’ve had more balls put in on us than Paris Hilton. We had another first half defensive blunder which Indo took advantage of by taking a two pass break out and turned into a 2 vs 1 at the back. Steve Millar equalized not long after off a corner kick header. The second half we scored, I think, with-in the first 10 minutes? Cam Wilson pretty much took the ball from just past half and simply out ran the Indo back line and capped off a nice individual effort.

From there, as you would expect when you’re 0-2 we played the worst football one could ever imagine to watch anywhere, this side of the Women’s World Cup. 10 in the box (I’ll leave that one alone) and kick it as high and a hard as we could every time we got near it. I understand we’ve been doing that for 10 years, but this time it was out of desperation. I hate it when a team does it to us and you could see the frustration on the Indo players faces as they couldn’t quite slip that one ball through for the equalizer, though not for a lack of effort. Although, they were so bloody direct by trying to loop balls over our backs heads instead of building anything up they were making the madness a little easier on us than they should have. Hopefully things will tighten up when we get more back from injury and we aren't forced to put injured players in when they shouldn't be playing.

Not much to say other than you have to win 1 to get to 2.

The Big Boot

Sep 18, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I watched the Indo-Surrey game. Indo unlucky not to tie it up at the end. Sheppard with a massive save near the end and sure header by Indo that was just completely miss timed. But I agree with KNVB, there was much desperation by both teams at the end (Indo trying to put one in and Surrey trying to keep it out) but it was more like a Tennis match, nothing too creative.

However I would like to comment on the Cloverdale pitch. It seemed like the civic strike was in Cloverdale and not Vancouver. The length of the grass was unbelievably long and probably the worst I have seen at that Cloverdale pitch. KNVB, what that on purpose to keep the pace of the game slower and keep the Indo pace at bay?

The ball was moving slower than KNVB on a clear breakaway from the center circle!! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0