Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier [VMSL Premier] Results & Banter - September

Status
Not open for further replies.

coach

Mar 3, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Surrey 2 - AFC 1.

An entertaining game with about 5 thousand turnover!

Surrey scored in the last eight minutes to pull out the win.

Smiley got the hook at halftime and did not look pleased. :rolleyes:

Sheps made two huge saves in the second half.

Surrey should take the points and move on. Good job Davey.

BJB

Sep 27, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Croatia 0 Burnaby 0

We had many chances and should have had this one.

Burnaby goalkeeper did well in making some great saves.

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sapp 2 - Norvan 1

The AFC/Surrey game must have been a lot like ours.

Colin Phillips with an absolute rocket into the top corner from 20 out with about 7 min. remaining to break the deadlock.

Both teams looked slower than normal - must have been the huge Queen's Park field. The play at times was good, but overall it looked like an exibition game.

Sapp took the lead in the 55th min, Norvan replied in the 70th.

I though the victory was deserved, but time to move on.

Softhead

Jul 19, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Walks was his true self again this afternoon.A disgrace!!!!The only thing that was even close to as shite as him was Hleuckas first touch.It is a crying shame that a guy refereeing at this level has no feel for the game at all.Walks you should at least play up to U-10 to be able to ref.

Softhead

Jul 19, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Coach said:
Surrey 2 - AFC 1.

An entertaining game with about 5 thousand turnover!

Surrey scored in the last eight minutes to pull out the win.

Smiley got the hook at halftime and did not look pleased. :rolleyes:

Sheps made two huge saves in the second half.

Surrey should take the points and move on. Good job Davey.
Why is Leo Getz summarizing this game?

Notty

Oct 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Guess Besty wasn't playing in that one.
Actually besty did play...his mind was on Eddy Cannon's stag!!! Which by now the lads are somewhere on the north shore and eddy is wearing his wonder woman costume!! CLASSIC!!!!

Dial 9-1-1

Jul 9, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Softhead said:
Why is Leo Getz summarizing this game?

Because as everyone knows, what Leo wants, Leo getz.

All we need now is Detective Lee Butters commenting on the refereeing. Oops. Spoke too soon.

Softhead said:
Walks was his true self again this afternoon.A disgrace!!!!The only thing that was even close to as shite as him was Hleuckas first touch.It is a crying shame that a guy refereeing at this level has no feel for the game at all.Walks you should at least play up to U-10 to be able to ref.

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Softhead said:
Walks was his true self again.....blah, blah, blah.

Give him a break, you were probably no better. Everyone is sub-par the first game of the season. In 4 weeks everyone will be sharper.

Ken Hodgey

Oct 25, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I took in the Surrey/AFC game yesterday to and in reading some of the comments feel I should throw in my two bits to softhead. You should concern yourself more with you man Millar than Hleuka's lack of touch. Aren't you his biggest fan? Man I thought he hit nothing but long balls for all these years because he didn't have a very good team around him, now I know it is because he's got no creativity. Probably playing with the most skilled midfield in the vmsl and he still humps the ball over them into touch. He wanders around out there like Frankenstein but with-out the nuts. Soft soft player too. Surrey will be better when they get some of their college players back or if Millar pulls a mussel, hopefully for him it will be his brain because he certainly doesn't use it that much on the pitch.

AFC are probably upset they didn't take home any points yesterday. The majority of the first half I thought belonged to Surrey but the final third stuff wasn't that great, though AFC defended well in their own half when they had to. AFC controlled the second for the most part and if they had any finish probably could have pulled out a tie if not the win. Like coach said lots of turn-overs from both teams on opening day.

Reccos

Oct 7, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Softhead said:

Didn't see the game so can't comment on it or the ref.

I will say that Walks does have a good feel for games that I have him ref. Maybe WAB's right - all will be better in the next few weeks after a layoff like this.

As far as KNVB goes, he does have a first touch and I strongly object to that comment. I'd compare it to the touch of ... umm..err.. an elephant!!! :p

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Don't sugar coat it reccos, I have the touch of a rapist. Actually that's not true, my first touch is fine it's getting close enough to the ball to get a second is the tricky bit.

I must say AFC were very well behaved yesterday. They were respectful on and off the park and not at all what I expected after last year. They're not a fast a last season but certainly as good going forward on the counter attack as before. We'll certainly take the points and move on knowing we need to be better. Much to work to be done but a pretty good start especially considering a little more match fitness will eliminate a bunch of our issues. Winning against someone on your own side is always a plus.

BTW, Walks was just fine yesterday. I'd ask Softhead to get his head out of Millars ass so he could watch the game properly but then we'd have to ask all the 10 & 11 year olds watching to sit down in the front row so he can see. It's a lot of work.

zenga

Dec 1, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Columbus 2
Sporting 1

Joe Scigs and Stefan Leslie for Columbus; I think 'Rossie' scored for the champs.

Reccos

Oct 7, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
My post meant to say the games that I have SEEN Walks ref - he has a feel for the game and he is one of the better refs around with his ego not in the game.

KNVB... the touch of a rapist..hmm. I am not sure that is an apt description as even rapists -as despicable as they are- actually finish, don't they?

Ankle Breaker

Sep 15, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Inter 2 - Indo/Akal 1

Good game at Adanac today. Bunny had a great game in his first match with Inter. We win take the three points and move on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0