Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier [VMSL Premier] Results & Banter - September

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Apprentice

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bhudie said:
AFC houses 4 sets of brothers (i think, I'm not in town, but if I heard proper rumours)

Mandela/Drew Riopell
The Coppin Brothers
The Clarke's
and Diaz and Donnie Brasco, the new additions.

A must have in any Italian Household.

Ankle Breaker

Sep 15, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Inter 2 - Firemen 1

Decent game by both teams...Inter scored the first two goals and then scored an own goal to give Firemen some life.

On to next week...

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I heard both sides looked awful and it was sloppy from start to finish. Is it true Teesh was in net for Firetown as well?

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I heard both sides looked awful and it was sloppy from start to finish.

Anything positive to say about any other teams other than Surrey United? :D Anklebreaker said it was a decent game as he was there. You HEARD both sides looked awful.

I heard KNVB now has a decent first touch...........does that make it true?

:D

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Some things are so far fetched Captain not even idiots like walls could believe it.

:D

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The game was terrible. Inter held most control and looked good/dangerous all day, but it takes 2 to make a good game. Firemen looked awful; couldn't string 2 passes, let alone 1 together. They had intensity and battled, but that was it. This game should have never been close.

Teesh was in net and did fine.

I wouldn't call the Firemen goal an "own goal" by Inter. There was a semi-scramble in the 6 yard box after a corner kick, and an Inter player delected a Firemen shot on his own 1 yard line. Basically Inter did touch the ball last, but come on. I beleive Teesh got a hand on one of Inter's goals, so technically that was a Firemen own goal as well.

The Apprentice

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Burnaby 1 - Norvan 1

Alot of chances in the first half for both teams but we had two clear cut breakaways with their Goalie making a big stop on one.We scored a great goal at about the 60th minute to go up 1-0 but Norvan responded about 15 minutes later to tie it up. Both well-taken goals. Norvan works really hard and nobody on their team stops running but I really think we should have beat them today. Alot of missed opportunities and our lack of fitness showed as they put on the pressure late in the game. When half your team comes straight from the after-hours to the game and your coach is forced to go in net , a tie is a good result.

And for the second straight week we had no cards. The next AFC :rolleyes:

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sap 3 - Indo 2

Sap exploited the left side of the Indo defense often today as two goals were direct crosses from that side. The other from the right.

Luke Hogan beat a defender on the goal line and crossed to Paul Raposo, who neatly tucked it in the net from 5 yards out. Paul returned the favour 10 min later in the 20th min. A nice chip to Luke who then pushed the ball over the keeper and into the top right corner.

Indo replied in the 55th min on a great header. The 2 Fav brothers combined on yet another short chip-cross. Paul Favs headed that one into the top corner in the 70th min. Indo back again with a great counter attack run in the 75th min, and should have tied it if not for Woody stopping a shot from 8 yards out with Cory Breure out of the goal. From there Sap held on.

Indo looked good, the game was evenly played but Indo had many flurries of pressure which put Sap on it's heals a few times. But we finished our chances and today that was the difference.

machel

Jul 24, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
metroford 1 - westside 0

The first half was evenly contested with both teams playing hard and metroford carving out a couple of chances. We(westside) were lucky not to be one down one when metroford forward got the ball at around the eight but then scuffed his shot way wide.

Metroford applied some more pressure in the second and scored a goal with 20 minutes left off a unforced give away and then hit the cross bar a few minutes later.

As for us, we encountered a tough Defense and had a couple nice build up plays that were thwarted by some good D and anticipating goalie.

On to next week.

BJB

Sep 27, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Slurrey 1 Croatia 0

I missed most of the game due to my volunteer work at the picnic, but i did catch a few min. KNVB played a half mostly cuz he sucks but also i think he couldnt' take the abuse from the croat fans!! he even called a copper to come protect him!!! :D Our boys, well one, took down a slurrey player in the box, and slurrey nails the pk. Tough game to lose, but we will see them again.

PV

Jul 28, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sapperto Rovers and WAB are in the news again - the Royal City Record, for their two victories and also for some charity work the club just did.

Royal City Record, Sept 21/05
"Doing their part

The Sapperton Rovers teamed up to show its community spirit at last Saturday's re-opening of the Sapperton Pensioner's Hall.

The local soccer club donated their time and efforts to build a badly needed concrete wheelchair ramp into the building for the seniors.

Head coach Bryan Wevers had his company Peak Concrete Design Ltd. donate approximately $7,000 worth of goods and services to the construction of the wheelchair ramp and steps at the penshioner's hall.

The Rovers also pitched in with the construction of the forms and laying of the concrete.

The club was thanked for its donation at the official opening of the hall last Saturday".
published on 09/21/2005.

There may be an ulterior motive to this charity work, since some of the Rovers have had their 30th birthdays and may want wheelchair ramps and elevators soon. Hopefully we won't hear WAB and Favaro's voice on CBC like last year when Sapp did its Xmas charity work.
Its time for some charity from Sapp on the field - let someone else win for a change.

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
PV said:
There may be an ulterior motive to this charity work, since some of the Rovers have had their 30th birthdays and may want wheelchair ramps and elevators soon.

Rumor has it that one Sapp guy is nearing his 40th!

Ken Hodgey

Oct 25, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Took in the Surrey Norvan game Millar was shite as usual but the rest of Surrey played quite well. I don't think norvan could identify the game ball in a line up Surrey had so much of the possession.

3-1 final.

Ballbaby

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
PV said:
Sapperto Rovers and WAB are in the news again - the Royal City Record, for their two victories and also for some charity work the club just did.

Royal City Record, Sept 21/05
"Doing their part

The Sapperton Rovers teamed up to show its community spirit at last Saturday's re-opening of the Sapperton Pensioner's Hall.

The local soccer club donated their time and efforts to build a badly needed concrete wheelchair ramp into the building for the seniors.

Head coach Bryan Wevers had his company Peak Concrete Design Ltd. donate approximately $7,000 worth of goods and services to the construction of the wheelchair ramp and steps at the penshioner's hall.

The Rovers also pitched in with the construction of the forms and laying of the concrete.

The club was thanked for its donation at the official opening of the hall last Saturday".
published on 09/21/2005.

There may be an ulterior motive to this charity work, since some of the Rovers have had their 30th birthdays and may want wheelchair ramps and elevators soon. Hopefully we won't hear WAB and Favaro's voice on CBC like last year when Sapp did its Xmas charity work.
Its time for some charity from Sapp on the field - let someone else win for a change.

Well done boys! Well done! Knew there had to be something good about you bunch.;)

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ken Hodgey said:
I don't think norvan could identify the game ball in a line up Surrey had so much of the possession.

I remember a line from a Mucker Summer league game at half time, "Here ya go boys, you guys can play with the ball during the break."

Great stuff.

hos

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
HoS, I can't believe RF said that. That's so off-side... :D

I don't know about Millar playing shite the backs were pretty solid through-out. Norvans goal came from a turn-over and counter attack. Not a bad goal really but there was some confusion between the Keeper and the D. Other than that I don't think they really threatened much. We pulled level by half and went on to score three un-answered. Blakeway off a cross and a knock down in front of the net. Ryan Hopp with his 3rd off a nice little build up through the middle and Matty Mori's first in a United uniform from a shot at the top of the D.

JAGS

Jul 24, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
West Van 3 v. Weakside 1. Reedie with the first and then a great goal by R. Carphin before the half. Weakside with a questionable one in the 2nd, but a few minutes later, Possey with a quality strike from 25 yards out. Good win by the lads. Great games by Nico and Ollie in the midfield. Difference in the game was the coaching ...... Spada was on fire after our over 30's win this morning.

JAGS

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sap 4 - Clan 2

It's a good thing we're filling the net right now because we are making some ugly defensive blunders that almost cost us every game.

1-0 15th, 2-0 20th, 2-1 55th, 3-1 56th, 3-2 75th, 4-2 85th

Paul Raposo with a good turn in the box. Ryan "Suitcase" McNabb with 2 goals to dagger his brief team-one was a great shot into the top corner from 20 out. Colin Phillips rounded it out on a good individual effort.

Clan got a red in the 25th min. on a dirty stomp to the chest on one of our guys as he was laying on the ground. 2 reds (1 each) in the 2nd half. Clan was out of it but we kept letting them back in it.

A good result but not a very good game on our behalf.

Gomesy16

Oct 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sporting 5 - Indo 1

A great result for us a week and a half before Nationals. Lots of goals and a really fast paced clean game. The 5 -1 score definitely flatters us. Fitness was the difference.

One all at half and in the second we increased the pace and had some good finishing. Indo had many chances but couldn't find the back of the net. Sporting goals were scored by Jeff Nolan, Trevor Rosencrans, and Steve Frazao with 2. I can't remember who scored the other goal. JB or Gomesy jr. might be able to help me out here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0