Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

What happened to the once all mighty ford

djones

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I've tried to stay out of this thread because I honestly feel that the thread was initiated by a few who have axes to grind with certain members of the club and only want their names attached to other players who have reached a higher level and reputation then themselves. They've brought in isolated and very different (inaccurate) examples of dissociation with the club to support in their venom towards MF and I'm certain most intelligent people on this site see through this thinly veiled attempt at self gratification. The lack of posts is a good indication of this. These false allegations and made up lies to strengthen their stance only expose their lack of knowledge and understanding of what is really going on within the club. I expected more from some of these individuals.

The club is much bigger than past successes, past players or coaches that leave for bigger things (pro or University), leave for other clubs, been let go or not asked back. It's also much, much bigger than the Wolves or their results from week to week, year to year and changes are constant with successful organizations. It's called the passage of time and change is always good. Many, many players, coaches, managers have come and gone from the club throughout the twenty years of the club existence and winning and development continues with the best yet to come (teams now entering the select leagues this year and over the next 5-7 years). To proclaim that the highest peak has been reached is only claimed by climbers that are afraid to go any higher. To presume that we, the past players, are the pinnacles of what this club can achieve is pretty vain, unintelligent and selfish.

The club has, is, and will continue to be successful no matter who runs the show because of the dedication to development in the district. The coaches, managers and executives who have helped in this success know that only the best will do. If you don't fit in and reach the level expected on and OFF the pitch, you can either change, sit on the sidelines and watch, or go somewhere else. It's as simple as that! Other clubs have copied and followed this model to close the gap and challenge MF in the development of the top youth players. Abbottsford, SYSA, and Surrey U to name a few and are doing an outstanding job and blazing their own trails. When you blaze a trail, some will follow. The club is now blazing another trail that is drastically changing youth development but changes have to occur for that to happen.

Some really good, players and coaches have come and gone from the club with reason varying from lack of loyalty to not getting what they wanted. A few injustices have been made. A FEW! The reasons listed in the thread are, for the most part, inaccurate and untrue (Gary and Keegan Aire for starters. Not even close! I'm sure they both don't want their names attached to any of this.). Whether the people making the statements have to consider their sources or we, the readers, will have to consider the sources, the truths can be found by asking those really in the know and not by those who have axes to grind with certain individuals or the club.

I would like to address HOS's accusation of "poaching" but it doesn't belong in this thread. I may do that in another thread (Youth Soccer). I'm sure he meant ATTRACTING and not poaching. Naughty, naughty HOS! :mad:

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Good stuff Jonesy, but really all anyone had to do is consider the two "sources" of the thread and they would already know they aren't the sharpest axes in the shed.

Bronco

Oct 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ditto on the good stuff Jonesy! BUt in all honesty it's Metro Ford, so who really gives a fukc?;)

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Great Assesment DJ

Originally posted by DJones
I would like to address HOS's accusation of "poaching" but it doesn't belong in this thread. I may do that in another thread (Youth Soccer). I'm sure he meant ATTRACTING and not poaching. Naughty, naughty HOS! :mad:

My comment was made on the fact that many quality young players left their districts to go and play in the Metro Ford organization, because of all the things you talk about in your post, the drive for exellence at the Club.

Now is this right or wrong, should the best players be left in their districts, so that they help the select teams that are there, or should they be able to shop thier abilities around to the best teams in the lower mainland, that is a tough question.

I also think it is crap what a few have said about your senior club, because I have only had good dealing with the Wolves (except Browny shitting in my sumbrero in Kelowna;) ), all in all great managers and players.

Larsson can only hope that his new club AFC can try and come close to the system that MF has.

DJones, am I still best dressed in the VMSL with ManU Blue?

hos

cerebral smallsy

Oct 5, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
as usual jonesy has gone off on some incoherent rant with little if any thought given to the matter at hand. i just hope the voices of reason sid and larsson straighten the chapper out.

CDK

Jul 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
It's been a long time since I played premier but what I remember of the old Metro-Ford games was, as soon as I get the ball, flick it up in the air, take a side step, watch the blond hair M-F player with the bad English accent with his studs up go sliding by on his arse and then I pass the ball to Lui. Then light up a cigarette and watch Lui dribble through 3/4 M-F players and score to seal another Croatia victory. I could never understand how any team could lose to them....

I really don't know what Larsson is talking about...they never seem all that mighty to me...

larsson

Aug 12, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
ALL I ASKED WAS WHAT HAPPENED TO THE ONCE ALL MIGHTY FORD AND WHY SO MANY OF US LEFT.BUT DJ IS RIGHT FOR THE MOST PART.SOME THINGS GOT WAY OUT OF CONTROL SO REGS IF U DON'T MIND I THINK THIS THREAD IS DONE.

larsson

Aug 12, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I retire, no more posts for me.You guys are to smart for me plus the time on here could be used to get fit.I have championships to win later see u on the pitch.

cerebral smallsy

Oct 5, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
where have i heard this before...

Originally posted by larsson
I AM OFFICIALLY RETIRING FROM THIS SITE TO TAKE MY TALKING TO THE PITCH.LOOKS LIKE A CHANCE TO WIN PROVINCIALS THIS YEAR, YES U HEARD ME RIGHT

second verse...same as the first. :rolleyes:

Reccos

Oct 7, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yeah, Larsson has had more retirements and comebacks on TTP than Doug Gilmour and Michael Jordan together.

How about a thread on will he, or won't he retire from TTP until AFC wins promotion?:p

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
ALL I ASKED WAS WHAT HAPPENED TO THE ONCE ALL MIGHTY FORD AND WHY SO MANY OF US LEFT
Actually, I'd like to know who ALL left?

I can only think of Smiles, Larsson, Corazza and Morello? Only Smiles outta that group could be considered a part of the "mighty ford" as the other 3 were barely even there? Seriously when I think of Metro Ford I think of guys like Jonesy, Leitchy, Eli, Izzat, Jenkins, JT, Smiles, JV, etc. And as I said before, only Smiles outta that bunch left for somewhere else.

Who am I missing?

~Regs.

sid

Dec 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Originally posted by knvb
Good stuff Jonesy, but really all anyone had to do is consider the two "sources" of the thread and they would already know they aren't the sharpest axes in the shed.

OK fcuking BRAINS:rolleyes: :confused:

SEE YOU AT THE BEACH

:knvb: :knvb: :knvb: :knvb: :knvb: :eek:
:) SID

I HATE EVERYONE:mad: :mad: :mad: // you will be on this site one day when your kids get the run around jonesy;) ;)

sid

ps :I think pegs /surrey /westside/bby/abby is were it is at compling to youth that is:cool:

coach

Mar 3, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
congats!

Sorry Regs, I know this is a bit of topic.

Congatulations to Brad and Mil Leatch,on the arrival of a lovely little baby girl.

Mom and Baby are doing well!

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
What Did I Do?

Larrson says he left Sapperton because of Wevers. What the hell did I do? Oh ya, I remember. We let Sal shite kick him at the referee's tourney after Sneddo pulled on Sals Italian mullett.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0