Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

What is the meaning of your Avtars name.

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hector:

Yes, Scottyshell was the name of his youth team: Wesburn Scotty's Shell. Sponsored by a gas station of the same name. They had really nice yellow and black Wesburn kit with numbers. We delighted in seeing how much mud we could splatter on them before beating the crap out of them.;):D

I think mostly we were just jealous because at Cliff Ave., we still had the stupid original "orange tunic over a black turtleneck" idea instead of real jerseys, and we didn't get numbers until we played in Swangard and they pinned them on our tunics with safety pins...:rolleyes: Wesburn was also the first club in Burnaby that allowed their teams to be overtly sponsored, so they all had goofy names like that.

No, I'm not making this up.

Trece

Scottyshell

Sep 22, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Trece.....jealous:wa:
But you're right about Cliff Ave uni's back then...I really think they were bibs:eek: The gas station was on Smith and Sunset...do you remember our bumblebee socks:eek:......hey...my bro's team was sponsored by Cascades Drive In...good family theater,all XXX movies!! Most times.

Cheers!

hmmmm...Swangard...never lost a Burnaby Day game there:bronco:

Taxman

Sep 23, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Trece.....jealous:wa:
But you're right about Cliff Ave uni's back then...I really think they were bibs:eek: The gas station was on Smith and Sunset...do you remember our bumblebee socks:eek:......hey...my bro's team was sponsored by Cascades Drive In...good family theater,all XXX movies!! Most times.

Cheers!

hmmmm...Swangard...never lost a Burnaby Day game there:bronco:

... but none were better than Wesburn Legion 83 ... great sponsors.

bergamascho

Nov 16, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Fair enough but why did YOU adopt his proper name as your handle? Familial relation? Unhealthy obsession? High School crush? :D

oranje

Nov 12, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hector:

I think mostly we were just jealous because at Cliff Ave., we still had the stupid original "orange tunic over a black turtleneck" idea instead of real jerseys, and we didn't get numbers until we played in Swangard and they pinned them on our tunics with safety pins...

I wore the Oranje tunic plus turtleneck. Also remember the annual pilgrimmage to Sparlings to get the black socks and black turtlenecks. It was a huge deal when I first made "United" and we got new long sleeve orange jerseys with the CA on the breast.

Good times spent thumping Norburn, Wesburn, South Burnaby Mens Club and Edmonds.

Then Lynn Valley went and copied our orange jerseys. North Shore Wankers. :bronco:

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Oranje:

Add in Willingdon Park and Lake City to the list as well (might be before your time, but Scotty should remember them). Yes, Scotty, I remember your ugly bumblebee socks.:D

Trece

Scottyshell

Sep 22, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Willingdon Park Johnnies (spelling?)...they were a year older. As for Lake City...they made it to Burnaby Day once...same fate as everyone else we played:D

Cheers!

JAGS

Jul 24, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
JAGS is the nickname of Partick Thistle FC who are currently in the Scottish 1st Division. A Team that my Dad supported from a wee lad and who I follow from across the pond. They have terrible uniforms, are a shiite football team most years and pop up and down out of the SPL Top flight and down to the lowly bowels of 2nd Division. I am hoping this year that they will win 'The Double' .......... which for a Partick Thistle supporter is winning a game in the league and also a game in the cup. Other nickames for them are 'The Harry Wrags', 'Plastic Whistles' and 'Shiite FC'. This years home and away uniforms are attached for your viewing pleasure.

Attachments

• Partick Home.jpg
    Partick Home.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 50
  • PTFCJERSEY.jpg
    PTFCJERSEY.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 57

JAGS

Jul 24, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sorry, wrong Home jersey .......... but close to the Nucks Flying V. Here is the Jags current home kit.

Attachments

• Jagshome.jpg
    Jagshome.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 50

JAGS

Jul 24, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wow....do they give money back to their supporters too???

Cheers!

Close ...... since most in Glasgow align themselves with either 'Gers or 'The Great Unwashed', The Jags struggle to keep a solid fan base. This year they let in 'Free' anybody Under 16 for all Home Games, in the hopes that when they get over 16 they have become a dedicated supporter and pay for their admission at Fir Hill going forward.

JAGS

Dancin Bear

Oct 26, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
JAGS is the nickname of Partick Thistle FC who are currently in the Scottish 1st Division. A Team that my Dad supported from a wee lad and who I follow from across the pond. They have terrible uniforms, are a shiite football team most years and pop up and down out of the SPL Top flight and down to the lowly bowels of 2nd Division. I am hoping this year that they will win 'The Double' .......... which for a Partick Thistle supporter is winning a game in the league and also a game in the cup. Other nickames for them are 'The Harry Wrags', 'Plastic Whistles' and 'Shiite FC'. This years home and away uniforms are attached for your viewing pleasure.

You forgot Partick Thistle Nil :D

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0