Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Whitecaps 2012 Season Tickets Renewals

super dunk

Mar 1, 2012
Tokens
Dirty Money
Leonarduzzi and the Whitecaps what are you doing?! This organization needs to get its act in gear, so far my biggest concern is with the managment not knowing how to run a team.

What is up with the season tickets?! They were quick to get my to pay up my renewal LAST YEAR but it took them over 1/2 a year to actually get the tickets printed and delivered?

Why are the tickets beind delivered through Golden, BC? We cant print them locally? Strange stuff.

I finally got my tickets, 10 days before the first game, and what a huge let down! I paid over 2k for these seats and all I got was a booklet with a bunch of stickers? WTF you think I am, 12 years old. Step up to the plate with something better than that!

At this point this organization looks like its being run by the guys from the local mens league.

Loose Duzzi and his co-chair whatsherface which nobody knows her name, get some real talent on the pitch and not because they meet the demographic of the fans.

So far the experience and the team have been run exactly like the Grizzlies of old - lets just hope their fate isnt the same.

redwoods

Oct 1, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I finally got my tickets, 10 days before the first game, and what a huge let down! I paid over 2k for these seats and all I got was a booklet with a bunch of stickers? WTF you think I am, 12 years old. Step up to the plate with something better than that!

I got mine as well and along with the stickers i also recieved all my tickets...you should check your booklet again.:rolleyes:

STD

May 23, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
How many days before the first match do you need your tickets? I am interested what do the Canucks give out as a gift to season ticket holders? They cost a lot more plus they charge you for preseason game that are absolute crap. I am not sure what people expect and why they need tickets in their hands 6 months in advance. My guess is the Whitecaps probably were busy getting final sales of season tickets and taking care of peoples request to move their seats (thanks Whitecaps) before they sent them out for printing.

Looking forward to this year I think the on field product looks a lot better. Helped out of course by the fact they set the bar really low last year.

super dunk

Mar 1, 2012
Tokens
Dirty Money
I dont need the tickets in my hands 6 months in advance, and to their credit they have been accommodating for seat requests. What annoyned me was how quick at the end of last season (it wasnt even over yet) they started asking me to renew! Basically I had not yet sat in my BC Place seats and they wanted my money for the next season? wtf.

Realistically I would have expected the tickets a lot sooner, maybe 2-3 weeks sounds reasonable. I got mine on March 1st. I dont need some b.s. excuse about an avalanche (thats why you get them out early).

This isnt the Canucks - the DEMAND for tickets is nowhere near the same. Stop acting like it is. I basically cant give my seats away to the games I dont make it out too, and forget about selling your tickets (nobody wants them).

To be honest I would have taken anything in my season ticket package other than a bunch of stickers! A scarf like last year would have been nice, a t-shirt, or something to bring to the games to make some noise? The place is deathly quiet. Oh, unless the opposiing fans (Sounders) are here, then we look like a bunch of morons.

All I can tell you is that they have appeared to be very disorganized at every stage of the game, sure they eventually get around to dealing with it and the genuinely want to accomidate, but at the price I'm paying I shouldnt have to ask for it.

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I dont need the tickets in my hands 6 months in advance, and to their credit they have been accommodating for seat requests. What annoyned me was how quick at the end of last season (it wasnt even over yet) they started asking me to renew! Basically I had not yet sat in my BC Place seats and they wanted my money for the next season? wtf. This is true

Realistically I would have expected the tickets a lot sooner, maybe 2-3 weeks sounds reasonable. I got mine on March 1st. I dont need some b.s. excuse about an avalanche (thats why you get them out early). As long as they're there before the first game, it shouldn't matter, it makes no difference.

This isnt the Canucks - the DEMAND for tickets is nowhere near the same. fact Stop acting like it is. I basically cant give my seats away to the games I dont make it out too, and forget about selling your tickets (nobody wants them). Then you obviously don't know anyone who enjoys a soccer game. I could get rid of many at any point, without a problem.

To be honest I would have taken anything in my season ticket package other than a bunch of stickers! A scarf like last year would have been nice, a t-shirt, or something to bring to the games to make some noise? The place is deathly quiet. Oh, unless the opposiing fans (Sounders) are here, then we look like a bunch of morons. I would have liked something myself, the discounts downtown are a nice touch, but something to wear or make sound would have been nice, yes.

All I can tell you is that they have appeared to be very disorganized at every stage of the game, sure they eventually get around to dealing with it and the genuinely want to accomidate, but at the price I'm paying I shouldnt have to ask for it.
You can also downgrade your seats so you dont pay as much ;)

italian_stallion21

Sep 8, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Canucks put your name on the back of your seat, which is pretty sweet, but that's about it. Super dunk, you maybe just need more friends, I had no problem selling any of my tickets to games I couldn't make.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

STD

May 23, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Writing my name on the nice stickers the Whitecaps provided and planning on sticking it on the back of my seat for the first game.

super dunk

Mar 1, 2012
Tokens
Dirty Money
I won't debate that I could use more friends but what I do know is that when I goto games there are a lot of empty seats. Try selling your tix on craigslist and see how far that gets you. I couldn't offload galaxy tickets last year at face value prior to Beckham's announcement.

Don't downplay the effect of something like putting your name on the seats. That would be much better. As far as writing your name on a sticker that sounds embarrassing.

What we should realize is that there is not a lot of mainstream intetest in MLS at the moment. The way the team is being run however would not seem to indicate this.

Don't get me started on how pathetic an environment BC place is. The acoustics stink. The video screen is backwards. And the cheap plastic seats aren't worthy of a toilet.

STD

May 23, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
That aside I hope you are happy with your purchase because I hear renewals for next season start in May. Got to get an early start. Lenarduzzi thanks you for the support.

STD

May 23, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yes I hear Captain Shamrock is promoting his book.

I think Super Dunk doesn't realize he is at a site called TakethePiss not Bitch and moan. That web site can be found at vancouversouthsiders.ca

super dunk

Mar 1, 2012
Tokens
Dirty Money
If anyone should be "bitching and moaning" a heck of a lot more it should be the southsiders.

As far as I'm concerned they were thouroughly embarased by the Seattle and Portaland squads that essentially took over our stadium. I actually felt sorry for them.

Hang your head in shame SouthSiders - you're pathetic.

p.s. the day I buy Leonarduzzi's book is the day I run out of toilet paper.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Pathetic is a bit much, but I hear what you're saying.

The "Southsiders" as a group and membership have simply gone insane with a commitment to growth and have completely lost what was fun about them going back to Swangard. It was about fun, not being as big and loud etc. Who cares if you get outchanted etc. We had absolute blasts at the Central Park tailgates and taking the piss out of referees and other teams keepers. Now it's just a political mess, argument after argument, and constant battles with WVFC HQ.

Waste of time imho, and a lot of quality people there in that group too- I just think they grew way too big too quick and they literally have no identity, no culture, and no reason for being other than to say other cities have supporters groups, so VWFC should have one (or more) also.

The other thing about the SS that bothers me is that half of them are completely blasted, so drunk that they can't even see whats going on or possibly watch the game. The vast majority of newcomers to that group honestly must think it's a firm with no rival to fight or that they are somehow superior to the other $-paying public there and make sure that the joe-average hears just how "pathetic" they are.

to each their own.

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

The "Southsiders" as a group and membership have simply gone insane with a commitment to growth and have completely lost what was fun about them going back to Swangard. It was about fun, not being as big and loud etc. Who cares if you get outchanted etc. We had absolute blasts at the Central Park tailgates and taking the piss out of referees and other teams keepers. Now it's just a political mess, argument after argument, and constant battles with WVFC HQ.

Waste of time imho, and a lot of quality people there in that group too- I just think they grew way too big too quick and they literally have no identity, no culture, and no reason for being other than to say other cities have supporters groups, so VWFC should have one (or more) also.

The other thing about the SS that bothers me is that half of them are completely blasted, so drunk that they can't even see whats going on or possibly watch the game. The vast majority of newcomers to that group honestly must think it's a firm with no rival to fight or that they are somehow superior to the other $-paying public there and make sure that the joe-average hears just how "pathetic" they are.

to each their own.
Enough of the TTP, tell us how you really feel.

Luch

Jul 6, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

to each their own.

This. And the fact that very few of the 700, 800, 1200 members (I've lost track) have actually ever kicked a ball. Passion. LOL.

Cue... BW Army.

dutch13

Feb 5, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Less than 2,500 tickets remain for season opener against Montreal Impact | Vancouver Whitecaps FCSounds like the season ticket renewal was brutal. 13,000 tickets sold total? Not really shocking, but pretty disappointing. I hope with some wins they can win fans back, but that's much harder than convincing them the first time.

Also hate hearing this "2500" tickets remaining... I'm guessing they are capping the # of seats in the lower bowl, but they rarely announce the actual sellout capacity, easy to announce as many or few remaining as they want if they can change the capacity every game.

Blue and White Army

Dec 5, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
And the cheap plastic seats aren't worthy of a toilet.

If anyone should be "bitching and moaning" a heck of a lot more it should be the southsiders.

As far as I'm concerned they were thouroughly embarased by the Seattle and Portaland squads that essentially took over our stadium. I actually felt sorry for them.

Hang your head in shame SouthSiders - you're pathetic.

Wow. I don't know what's more sad: supposedly grown men constantly harping on about the Southsiders (complex much?), or the fact that some guy sitting on his a** in a plastic seat beside soccer moms and their four-year-olds has the audacity to call people "pathetic" for attempting to create atmosphere.

Are you too thick to see the irony of you, a Vancouverite, scoffing at Vancouver supporters for not being large enough in number, and yet you munching away on your prawn sandwich while you roll your eyes at them? I'm sure the Timbers Army got the same treatment in their early years from OPSL has-beens... and now the TA are regularly featured on national TV, while OPSL types are jumping on the bandwagon and queuing up for tickets in the supporters' end.

You, kind sir, are this city's problem. Get off your a** and do something about it, or kindly STFU. You're no different then the legion of plastic Canucks fans in this city.

Until then, have fun clapping along with the jumbotron. :confused:

Blue and White Army

Dec 5, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
This. And the fact that very few of the 700, 800, 1200 members (I've lost track) have actually ever kicked a ball. Passion. LOL.

Cue... BW Army.

You rang, darling?

I'm certainly not trying to become the local apologist for the Southsiders (as much like JohnnyBlueNose I'm honestly growing increasingly distant from them), but what you wrote above is asinine.

Since when it is a requirement for someone passionate about a spectator sport to have played the game? How many BC Lions drunks do you think actually played throwball? And how many people at the Rogers Library have ever played ice hockey?

And yet, you reserve scorn for people in "your" sport. Small pond syndrome, much, Billy RecHead?

I'll bet you $100 that the percentage of Southsiders who have played soccer is higher than randoms at Lions or Canucks matches who have played those sports.

Perhaps if half of you lot didn't serve every weekend as stationary pylons for former Whitecaps cast-offs, you'd be singing a different tune?

And as for "Passion. LOL." ... can you name anything in this city's bleak sporting landscape with more energy than the Southsiders? A half-dozen WAGs at a Division 2 Cup match doesn't quite cut it, sadly.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0