Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Whitecaps Friendly vs. Man City

Bronco

Oct 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
There was supposed to be a field inspection around 12pm, per Paul Barber. The fact that we haven't heard anything 3 hours later does not instill a whole lot of confidence from a group that sorely needs to exhibit some!

Mar 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
hey all, i think someone mentioned something about pint-sized cans being sold at the stadium, but i can't remember what thread that was in...

is this true? are they only being sold in certain sections?

4thplacetrophy

Mar 3, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
i was watching sky sports news and it said the game was pushed back 24 hours, i go on the whitecaps website and it says it's on. no idea where sky got there info from....

girth

Nov 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Am I wrong for thinking that subbing 10 men at the half was a poor choice? I understand why they did it but let's maybe get a win under our belts against a great team and maybe get on a bit of a role?

4thplacetrophy

Mar 3, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
what a great night! shocked that there is actually man city fans...
sat right next to the tunnel, was able to ask mario how you put on a pinny, and also let gael know he is a c u next tuesday. :)
anyone else notice how big some of the city players were though, i.e kolorov, yaya toure, and dzeko?

Tuna

Jul 4, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
what a great night! shocked that there is actually man city fans...
sat right next to the tunnel, was able to ask mario how you put on a pinny, and also let gael know he is a c u next tuesday. :)
anyone else notice how big some of the city players were though, i.e kolorov, yaya toure, and dzeko?

Suppose everyone looks big when you're 5'2"?

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Caught the second half. Man the pitch looked bad. I counted for blown tires inside the first 6 or 7 minutes of the second. Caps are lucky they pulled this off, because from the TV vantage point the pitch looked dangerous.

Imagine what a show these guys could have put on had the pitch been in good shape...if the ball had been allowed to run a bit, and the guys could get the pace up a bit.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
First half was the most I've enjoyed watching this year (other than that first game vs TFC).

Too bad about all the subs but as mentioned, understandable.

Camillo had a flyer... he is likeable when he stays on his fcuking feet.

Hassli ran miles showing - he is quality in that respect and once the Caps get a couple of players who can figure this out and play off of him, this team will get results.

I will give a mulligan to the new guy, hopefully he was treating that as a walk in the park :)

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Even as a Man Utd fan, last night was great. The fans were awesome, and even according to Knights twitter he said Wright-Phillips said that Empire felt like being back in Manchester. Team 1040 has people calling in complaining about City didn't bring their "stars" these people can have felatio with a gorilla. Man City brought out a team of internationals and put on a good night. Not sure what these people want, I guess they can go see likes of Ronaldo and Messi on a regular basis and aren't happy with anything. The field was rough but you could clearly see the difference between MLS and EPL. Dzeko and Johnson flew when they were on the pitch. And yes MB10 some of those guys were massive! Wright Phillips goal was a cracker. The fact of swapping all the players is fine by me, its a friendly and getting all your players a chance to play against a team like City is understandable, especially with a big game coming up against SJ. Over all a fun night IMO, and hope we ge the opportunity to see big clubs like this every year. I also loved the southsiders "overrated chant" ;)

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Oh and SWP was class.

That is all.

Wait!

Balotelli is a miserable cnut.

OK, that's it, back to work.

Members online