Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Whitecaps Friendly vs. Man City

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I still think my answer is correct. You cannot score in your own goal from your own goal kick, unless the ball goes outside of the 18 yrd. box and blows back in, with wind, then it would be a corner.
Kicking it directly into the goal from a goal kick would be a restart with another goal kick.
Any Referee's want to clarify?

Jigsaw, you are absolutely right.

Luch

Jul 6, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I was waiting for that topic to pop up...

diabolical...kjohnsob and I were BBm'ing all game and were both shocked to see Mauricio give Janicki a stern talking to for a nothing little foul, then moments later Balotelli hammers Wes Knight in a completely dirty play and nothing...crickets...

:eek:

How hard did Balo hammer Knight? I didn't notice Knight's skill level decrease after the play.

Sep 29, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
That was funny. Good on Jordan Harvey for getting in Balotelli's face though. Guy's got some grit and some quickness, I like him already.

Seems to be a lot of different views about the game, whether they should have planned it at all, the field debacle, etc. but I had a blast last night. Like Regs, I haven't been that excited for a Caps game since the opener vs. TFC and it was awesome to see Milner, Toure, Lescott, Johnson, Barry, SWP, Dzeko, et al out there, even if the pitch was shite and they were only going 50%. The fact that the Caps played well and carried the game for parts just made it that much better.

And it's already been covered but for those questioning why City didn't bring their "stars," I don't know who the fcuk they were expecting. It was basically a who's-who of English internationals and top-class talent. Not a City fan but I was stoked with the line-up even if it would have been nice to see David Silva out there.

Hopefully they do another one next year!

Btw, wonder if Long Tan is still thinking about that stone-cold sitter he missed on the baby line?

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ummm, Hillary? I think this falls under your department, too.

I'll give her a break, what with all the pumping she was doing leading up to the match. That can be energy zapping and leave a young lady a little less than sharp.

At least it wasn't a match where the program may be considered a collectors editions.

Oh snap.

mtkb

Feb 1, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
I was at the game, and concur with most of the observations here... the officiating was curious... I've never seen a referee take great pains to hold off a free kick, run half the field, only to LECTURE rather than card a player who clearly said a magic word or two on the play previous...

That field was hardly safe... I was sitting even with where Toure went down, way up high.... the pitch looked like Confederation Oval in Burnaby... in October...

As for Balotelli, he may be a ****, but I'm going to defend him on this night. What most people apparently didnt see is that well after Baolotelli pushed the ball by Harvey and got around him, Harvey just bascially toe bashed Balotelli in the bottom of his heel as he was running. Filthy, dangerous, **** move for any game, never mind a friendly. If I were Balotelli in those circumstances I'd have swung... It figures that Harvey came from the dirtiest team in the league, because that was bush league...

Luch

Jul 6, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I believe it was Nanchoff who cheaply clipped Balo... then went to hide behind Harvey.

Luch

Jul 6, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Anyone know if there is any TV coverage of the Man U/Sounders game tonight?

FSC in the States. Not sure about FSW since Bell no longer carries this channel. Real/Guadalajara on GolTV @ 8pm. More importantly, Caps @ 7:30 on TSN and TFC currently trailing Dallas 1-0 on TSN.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sounders are getting their asses handed to them... 6-0 ManU with about 2 minutes to go (Rooney with the Hatty)

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0