Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Whitecaps Opener - March 19th 2011

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
possible by-products of drunk 1-nighters?

That may explain the wanna-be Brits malady that causes born and raised Canadians to adopt bad English accents every time they start drinking.

Also known as John Collins Syndrome.

sixfyv

Apr 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wow.

What a day/experience!

I had no real idea what to expect but everything about the game couldn't have gone better.

I didn't really read up too much on the players beforehand but quickly came to appreciate several Caps - there is a lot of talent with this group, hopefully it continues to hold true.

Hassli, Chiumiento, Theibert, DeMerit, Rochat - they really stood out for me.

The atmosphere in the stadium was electric - I watched the game afterwards on TSN (PVR) and it didn't do it justice. From our section, the Southsiders were a non-factor - that's no fault of theirs though, the acoustics in the stadium just doesn't carry any sound... we were in section 207 and not once did I hear anything coming from the southside - I remember at one point thinking WTF is going on as the TFC supporters were chanting and going nuts and there wasn't a response at all (the TFC section was directly across the field from us) until later in the match when I could see WFC fans giving them the gears from below :) The one criticism I will have of the Southsiders is that the John Denver song gets really old quickly...

Were there different drum sections set-up through-out the stadium? I have no idea, but we had them set-up high in our section and it was magic... I found myself looking beside me to my wife and bouncing up and down to the beat which was something because she is not much of a fan of soccer :) It took them a bit to find a rhythm but once we scored, all bets were off and when Dunfield ran to our section after scoring I think everyone was delirious for the next 60 minutes of the game - if you look at the picture on the front page of The Province this morning, you'll see either 6'5" or Burnro with a blue camera phone snapping a picture from the side.

Lots of familiar faces I saw - everywhere I went it seemed I was running into someone I knew... just in our section was Luch, 6'5", Burnro, Ric & Randy Celebrini, Chris Franks, Farqs & Freddy Powell, and of course, wait for it... Mr. Azzi himself :)

Bring on Sporting of Kansas in 2 weeks time - I believe TA is setting up a TTP pre-gamer... it's all yours now TA!

:)

Cheers,

Regs.

I just spoke to my ticket rep about the drummers in section 207. I was interested to know if that was a one-shot deal or if they will be there for all the games. Turns out they were NOT hired by WFC… that they came to the ‘Caps with a request for their seasons tickets to all be together. Great decision by WFC to accommodate them. Section 207 was bouncing!

And yes, Regs... the Dunfield Dive was outstanding.

Finished the night off at Lamplighter.

Nice little Saturday…

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Regs, SixFyv, and all those in 207. Was the sun in your eyes? Just trying to figure out what my best option would be for relocation...

sid

Dec 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
That may explain the wanna-be Brits malady that causes born and raised Canadians to adopt bad English accents every time they start drinking.

oasis concert 4 years ago
Paul ward & his crew Pre show were at the shark club
Can u say holy Fuk!half of his posse born raised in Canada had Manchester accents ....WTF
I laughed at one of em & he was furious cursing at me in canachester
Fuking muppit

Lol
Lol

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Regs, SixFyv, and all those in 207. Was the sun in your eyes? Just trying to figure out what my best option would be for relocation...
The sun wasn't a bother at all... except when it went behind a few clouds which made it a bit nippley/nipply (is there a proper spelling?) :)

sixfyv

Apr 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
the only thing i will say about 207 is that you probably dont want to be too high up... the drummers are great... but maybe not if they are directly behind you.

Luch

Jul 6, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I just spoke to my ticket rep about the drummers in section 207. I was interested to know if that was a one-shot deal or if they will be there for all the games. Turns out they were NOT hired by WFC… that they came to the ‘Caps with a request for their seasons tickets to all be together. Great decision by WFC to accommodate them. Section 207 was bouncing!

And yes, Regs... the Dunfield Dive was outstanding.

Finished the night off at Lamplighter.

Nice little Saturday…

Looks like 207 is the place to be :cool:. The drummers were fantastic. I was wondering who the block of seats were reserved for as they were empty up until about the 10 minute mark. Then the group of drummers made they're way, drums in hand. Should make for a continued great atmosphere all season long.

As for the sun, it wasn't a bother but it did shine on us is row CC as well. It may become a bother for the evening matches, but there aren't many of them anyway.

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
We had a group of 8 sitting in 224, it was awesome, had the reserves sitting right in front of us, buddy was talkin with Selgado, down to earth kid, signed the scarfs and jerseys all the reserves were pure class. Great atmosphere, great game, great day, can't wait to go again. Whitecaps Fever.

PEACEWHAT?

Dec 12, 2010
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think I might be the only one with a moan from Saturday. Somehow I'm surrounded by a bunch of drunk, ignorant, wanna-be brits, who think it's really cool to stand for every minute of the match, and like to scream-sing at the top of their lungs while sadly not even being in unison. :mad:

Yes, that's right I am in Southsider central even though I picked seats at BC Place which would be at the opposite corner from them. The current Caps website even lists the support sections as 216-222 on the single match tickets page.
I've phoned the Caps to ask for a seat switch and was told they would see what they could, but options are limited as they are nearly sold out. If that fails, then I'll be the guy in section 214 blowing my vuvuzela for 90 minutes straight.

I should say that everything other than the morons in my section was top class. So well done Caps.

I think you should ask for a refund and then watch the rest of the season from your couch since you like sitting so much

PEACEWHAT?

Dec 12, 2010
Tokens
Dirty Money

last time I checked John Collins was Northern Irish. Born Canadian yes, but, raised by two brilliant prods from Belfast. Just sayin

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Just sayin, Guiness had a really bad accent that comes out the second a beer hit his lips, one that sounds more English than a Northerner.

5bigtoes

Jul 21, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
there was one thing that was comical about the game/ the beer vendors could not get more than two steps up the aisle before they where swamped by impatient bevy seekers....my god it was comedy...some drunk fool was trying to buy the whole rack of beerzzz from the vendor very entertaining :)

Sliver

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Video leading up to the start of the game..

Is that STD at 1:52 of the video.

Last edited by a moderator:

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0