Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Whitecaps Roster and Roster Moves

Status
Not open for further replies.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
If anyone from whitecaps fc is reading, I have played soccer since I was 3, played metro, premier and university. I now at 26 have bad knees which have required 2 surgeries one full reconstructive, im not in the greatest of shape at the moment but am back at the gym working towards it. But back to the subject at hand, you can keep your 60g's a year, donate it to the charity of your choice or buy a nice car, whatever you want, and I shall play in the center of the park for you. All I ask is that I can be on the cover of the program once a year, and have spike come to my birthday party, and a free pint at every game for a TTP member;) oh and window seats on the plane rides. If you would like to take me up on the offer, please PM me. Yours truly, Cascadesoccer.

If you really want to get noticed you should put videos of your workouts on youtube.

This seems to be working great for Owen Hargreaves as he's already got this fabulous tribute music video:

Last edited by a moderator:

Dancin Bear

Oct 26, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
CS, you beat me to it. I am ashamed that at one point in the season I actually defended his selection.

You should be ashamed! I can get over the pk miss.....yes, it was soft as shite and ridiculously saveable, but when it was called, he seemed very confident in taking it. Fair enough. What I can't get over, apart from the majority of plonkers cheering when he came on, is the brutal freekick to one of Columbus' players and then the giveaway at the top of the box, leading to the corner that gave away the game winning goal! Just diabolical!
Sure, we should have defended the corner better and the smallest guy on the park shouldn't be heading in the winner, but this wanker shows week in, week out that he can't play at this level. I'm tired of being the only one in my section begging for this guy not to get the ball!!!!!
Koffie does a job.....if Vagina is tired and has to leave the park, is our only option putting Dunfield on at zeros to win a game????
If so, I'm coming out of retirement!!!!! Fcuk me dead! Pitiful!

On a positive note, I heard that Empire Stadium has sold the most bevvy year to date. God knows, it's tough to watch it sober....

Dancin Bear

Oct 26, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Almost forgot.......a few tossers threw a beer at the Columbus players as they celebrated in front of us after they scored. Cunningham picked it up, drank what was left and threw it back. Quality!!

If wankers want to throw a beer; throw it at the diddy named Dunfield!

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
On a positive note, I heard that Empire Stadium has sold the most bevvy year to date. God knows, it's tough to watch it sober....
Fcuk, it doesn't help the waistline when they stick the new 24oz monster pint sales at our section. $12 is pricey but beats the $7/$8 charged for half the amount :)

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I saw a tweet from one of the many blogger/wannabe journos that follow the caps.

He had his stats sheet, he was on the lookout for it, that Dunfield never completed, to his own teammates, one forward pass in the Crew end. He had made two lateral passes under 10 yards.

nevermind the pk.

nuff said.

Mar 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
it states that he's a left fullback...

is this a precursor for a release that demerit is out for a while with the groin injury, and rochat is making a semi-permanent move to the center? or is he versatile enough to line up on the right and bump leathers from the line-up?

as a season ticket holder, i'm sure that i'll re-up for the tickets again next season, but as with JBN if there is not significant improvements, i don't know if i'll continue. i'm not saying that if they don't make the playoffs next year that i'm out. i just want to see the squad moving in the right direction, and some better care towards game day experience, community involvment and general customer service would definitely be greatly appreciated as well.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think they will do something...and I'd rather them bring another Hassli type, someone off the radar that is a good skillful player that has a lot left in the tank rather than Freddy Ljundberg type... I wonder which player that Sounders fans prefer...Montero or Ljundberg?

This has to mean Rochat is in the Centre of D now...

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Lost in how bad Dunfield was yesterday is how bad Wes Knight is.......best play of the game by him..tracks back 25 yards to intercept an bouncing pass only to have it go 15 yards backwards and out of play by the corner flag. FFS.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
The reason Terry is plays bad is not because he does not care. Training five days a week an than playing a game kills guys. Terry is one of those guys that needs two three days of rest ever so often. I see they got a deffender from Union good. But with out proven strikers coaches and fans will go nuts.
It is simple score a goal or two and all of us will be cheering again. I say team needs to spend a day on the river rafting. And they will win few games.
They all look menthaly beat. It is a long season. Players must have fun.

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
The reason Terry is plays bad is not because he does not care. Training five days a week an than playing a game kills guys. Terry is one of those guys that needs two three days of rest ever so often. I see they got a deffender from Union good. But with out proven strikers coaches and fans will go nuts.
It is simple score a goal or two and all of us will be cheering again. I say team needs to spend a day on the river rafting. And they will win few games.
They all look menthaly beat. It is a long season. Players must have fun.

I have to strongly disagree with this. University soccer players have to 5 days a week all the time and some may even play for their club team during those 5 days. And if you those players can't stick with the program that their school is running then they don't have a team to play for. If Terry is injured and can't practice fine I understand that but when you go from march till july with these performances it isn't training its skill and fitness. If this was the EPL no player would get this far playing like they do. There is no doubt that Dunfield is a decent player but he isn't good enough for this league. Captains have leadership and take charge, all I've seen taken is terrible yellows, and the ball out of the back of our net. Shape up or ship out, brian Burke will drive you to the airport.

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Lost in how bad Dunfield was yesterday is how bad Wes Knight is.......best play of the game by him..tracks back 25 yards to intercept an bouncing pass only to have it go 15 yards backwards and out of play by the corner flag. FFS.

Wes Knight is a typical North American player, fantastic athlete, runs like lightening but has absolutly no touch or class on the ball. To be honest if we saw this guy play locally in the FVSL or VMSL we would all think he is incredible but at this level don't you need to have the skills/extra bit of talent to go with it. I really think we spend to much time/emphasis on physical fitness and not enough time practicing skills in repetition when we are young. That is why guys like Henry can come here at the end of their career and still look head and shoulders above everyone even though they have lost a step or two.

Captain I am on board and I see the light, I was caught up in the hysteria early and I thought you were expecting to much but I really can't watch these guys. I always find myself turning the channel and not realizing it, next thing I know the game has been over for an hour and I have no idea what happened. Fukc the unforced give aways and mistakes or to much to take.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I too sadly am in the same boat. I think I've just made a deal to offload my Man City tix...

I was expecting more, got caught up in the madness of "top tier" (for North America anyways) football and now the cracks in the team are not just showing, they're getting worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0