Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Whitecaps Roster and Roster Moves

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dezza did you watch Caps game last knight. Would you play that tipe of formation against a team like LA? Donowan was free to rome as he likes.
They just can not copihand the game. All out attack against the best team only results in the last night way.
Good thing lots of folks came to see LA play.
Childish coaching.

mtkb

Feb 1, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Mr. Base I agree, with all that talent on the Galaxy, better to just sit back, let them have the ball, and hope to God 90 minutes isnt enough to get one... I'm sure when they shite-can Tommy you'll be the first guy they call...

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
It is not Tmmy.MTKB All I ment is what you just pointed out. You can not play open game with a better team. Set plays are the only way Caps can beat any better sides. All out soccer agaist better teams will only result in losses.
Looking from outside in some times makes me lough how much can Bob take.
That is surley not like him.
We need local guy as a coach and five local guys that care out our Club. Damaged goods are not what we need. Two coaches will go due to that alone. Our last five guys just can not mark man on man. The only way they can play agaist better guys if they two team a good forward from other clubs.
I have only seen that type of marking with Big T. We all wish them luck. but it is hard to watch. Crouds are still there we just need
bit more from some of our players.

The Apprentice

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Even though were a first year team 15 points from 20 plus games is not nearly good enough. I think were close to being a middle of the pack team. A few results we deserved better but it seems we can never play a full 90 mins. Hopefully we finish the season off strong and build for next year.

steve1234

Jan 31, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
It is not Tmmy.MTKB All I ment is what you just pointed out. You can not play open game with a better team. Set plays are the only way Caps can beat any better sides. All out soccer agaist better teams will only result in losses.
Looking from outside in some times makes me lough how much can Bob take.
That is surley not like him.
We need local guy as a coach and five local guys that care out our Club. Damaged goods are not what we need. Two coaches will go due to that alone. Our last five guys just can not mark man on man. The only way they can play agaist better guys if they two team a good forward from other clubs.
I have only seen that type of marking with Big T. We all wish them luck. but it is hard to watch. Crouds are still there we just need
bit more from some of our players.

Did you watch the game? We gave them a run for there money for sixty minutes. First goal was a mistake the guy had bad footing and fell. So yes formation and coaching are to blame for that one.

Second goal was a hand ball, also a mistake but again down to formation and coaching.

Third and fourth, who cares, they lost the plot. So yes you are spot on formation and coaching.

Very insightful I will try to read more of your posts.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Good thing our keeper was hot and played one hell of a game. That alone gave us a chance against Fire. It would be nice to see one or two more games like the last one. People would go mad if we could win few. just mabe if keeper stays hot.

dutch13

Feb 5, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
I only remember one memorable save from Nolly keeping the game 3-1. The fire were unlucky not to put the rebound in as well. I also thought Nolly should have had their first goal, as it was put just over his shoulder after he cut down the angle. He can't really be blamed for the goal after Boxall (I think) was dangled twice.

Luch

Jul 6, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Whitcaps press conference tomorrow morning at 10:30. Speculation tweets are geared towards a coaching announcement.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Obviously they have read Ballbaby's post and BL wants to announce the team's new "seal the back" philosophy as his own idea before anyone is the wiser.

redwoods

Oct 1, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
WTF???????? Already?

Caps have a multi year deal with Carolina Railhawks coach Martin Rennie, he will take over in 2012. Soehn will finish out the season. Rennie turned down the montreal impact to be their head coach before taking the Caps job.
Reading some other stuff it seems to be a very positive move as he is highly regarded(or so some has said)

akslop

Better Bastard
Jun 28, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Caps have a multi year deal with Carolina Railhawks coach Martin Rennie, he will take over in 2012. Soehn will finish out the season. Rennie turned down the montreal impact to be their head coach before taking the Caps job.
Reading some other stuff it seems to be a very positive move as he is highly regarded(or so some has said)

Martin Rennie - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
His resume looks very promissing, young guy, all good there.

My only concern- do we really want a Scot at the helm of a squad trying to play and sell creative football?

You know, if it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck...

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
If they hype surrounding this guy is real then I think we might have a gem to manage the team... although if he was really hype-worthy he'd likely be overseas in Europe working no?

Jigsaw

Oct 30, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
So let me get this straight: They sack Teitur because he has no MLS experience and don't like his style, even though he had a poor squad to select from. A squad that Tommy quick fix assembles.They give the job to Tommy quick fix, who apparently has lots of MLS experience and he is hopeless.
So they bring in a new guy (and he might be a good Coach) with no MLS experience and move Tommy quick fix back upstairs to sign more crap player's. Then the new Coach comes in at the end of the season to try to put together a team that has been assembled by sombody else, whose track record is not good. Recipe for disaster.
What are they doing in the Front Office to have this Mickey Mouse aproach to the game? They say they want to be one of the top 25 clubs in the World, yet they run the club like amatuers.
They brag about how good the Residency Program is, to deflect any critisim from the first team and everyone buys this propaganda.
They have been partners with BCSA for around 10 years now and we have yet to see a player developed and come though to the first team. Not one player on the roster from BC. Disgraceful.
Lenarduzzi and Barber are nothing more than "Spin Doctors" and should have a job in Politics.
They are not running the club very well,
They are lucky to be moving into BC Place, as the fans will turn up to see the Stadium and not the crap on the field.
This club is a joke.

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dear Whitecaps Supporter,

This morning, we are very pleased to announce the appointment of Martin Rennie as our club's head coach following the completion of the 2011 Major League Soccer season.

Martin will take over the head coaching duties of Vancouver Whitecaps FC from the start of the 2012 MLS season. At that time, acting head coach Tom Soehn will re-focus on his role as Whitecaps FC director of soccer operations.

We are thrilled to have Martin joining our club. He is widely recognized as one of the top young coaches in North America, and has already experienced tremendous success throughout his career. Martin possesses all the qualities we look for in a head coach and shares a similar club philosophy. We believe that our technical team, with Bob Lenarduzzi as president, Tommy Soehn as director of soccer operations and Martin Rennie as head coach, will provide us with the experience and resources to be a successful club on and off the pitch for years to come.

We thank you for the support you have continued to show our club throughout this inaugural season, and look forward to rewarding you with more exciting matches like this past Sunday’s. To learn more about Martin Rennie and see clips from this morning’s press announcement, please visit whitecapsfc.com.

Kind regards,

Paul Barber
Chief Executive Officer
Vancouver Whitecaps FC

heanjob

Sep 22, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
His resume looks very promissing, young guy, all good there.

My only concern- do we really want a Scot at the helm of a squad trying to play and sell creative football?

You know, if it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck...

You have not gotten a Scotsman to bite on this one....yet.....RF must be on holidays.....

RL RCD

May 31, 2010
Tokens
Dirty Money
"Lenarduzzi and Barber are nothing more than "Spin Doctors" and should have a job in Politics.
They are not running the club very well."

Let's give Barber some credits and time (he is a new guy) but Bob has been too long at the front office. Time to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0