Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Whitecaps vs New England 20110406

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I watched on TV, from a bolling alley, where my kid was having a year end hockey function.

I was not entirely shocked by Hasilli's 1st yellow (elbow), but the second, from the standpoint of "Don't do anything dumb, you're sitting on one"...mind blowing.

Yesterday the Province made the comparrison w/ Todd Burtuzzi when he played here. Remember how dumb he was, along w/ being a big, tallented beast of a player? There is a physical resenblance and an intelligence comparison to be made here. Did we get ourselves another big idiot in Hasilli? Is it possible he may be dumber?

This guy changes the game when he's on the pitch. Big, powerfull, tallented...a different class. Effing 3 goals in, what, 160 minutes played? Fcuking lot of good he'll do the squad spending more time sitting suspensions than actually playing.

Bronco

Oct 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Am I missing something? Hassli did not receive a yellow card for his elbow to the face of the NE player. In fact a Whitecaps free kick was given. If the referee had deemed an albow had been thrown, well you know where I'm going. I think he got it for something else. You can't give him a yellow card for an elbow and then give the Caps a free kick. Second yellow was just plain selfish! The other two red cards were phantom as well. In all an embarrassing performance by a "FIFA" accredited referee who clearly insisted he be the centre of attention.

PS. Anyone else see Kevin getting the gears hard from the guys right behind him? :eek:

:bronco:

sixfyv

Apr 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Right in front of me all game... He was getting at from start to finish. Great call on the offside to disallow their earlier goal.

What I dont understand is the motivation of our fans to banter at an official... How does that help us???

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Is the rule, taking off the shirt or "exposing" a message?

Last edited:

gt5

Feb 24, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
LAW 4 – THE PLAYERS’ EQUIPMENT
Decisions of the International F.A. Board
Decision 1
Players must not reveal undergarments showing slogans or advertising. The basic compulsory equipment must not have any political, religious or personal statements. A player removing his jersey or shirt to reveal slogans or advertising will be sanctioned by the competition organiser. The team of a player whose basic compulsory equipment has political, religious or personal slogans or statements will be sanctioned by the competition organiser or by FIFA.

Dancin Bear

Oct 26, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Felt bad for Koffie.....I like that lad's composure in the middle, although his passing lets him down at times.
The wee Brazilian has got to stop diving!! It's getting embarrassing!!

I also honestly thought that the offside goal wasn't off after looking at the replay. As soon as Hassli threw his shirt, he had to go. Dumb, dumb, dumb.....

Absolutely agree with CS before the tying goal......how can you overhit the pass to Kholfan?? I think it was Harmse though and not Harris, no?

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
LAW 4 – THE PLAYERS’ EQUIPMENT
Decisions of the International F.A. Board
Decision 1
Players must not reveal undergarments showing slogans or advertising. The basic compulsory equipment must not have any political, religious or personal statements. A player removing his jersey or shirt to reveal slogans or advertising will be sanctioned by the competition organiser. The team of a player whose basic compulsory equipment has political, religious or personal slogans or statements will be sanctioned by the competition organiser or by FIFA.

Is there anything else in the rule book?

Perhaps Hassli isn't such a dumbass?

junglee

Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Mexican born Baldomero Toledo came to the United States at the age of 17. Climbing up the ladder in Californian "soccer" he could quit his day job as an assitant manager in a bakery plant to become one of the four professional MLS referees in 2007. That year he also got his FIFA badge.

Player
Baldomero Toledo used to play football as well. He started when he was 5 and stopped at the age of 23. When a teacher in Mexico asked him if he knew someone to referee the school matches, he quickly taught himself the regulations and his future career started.

this guy was a f*ckin nightmare. by far the worst referee i've ever seen.

Dancin Bear

Oct 26, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
The ref was wrong again! He removed it to reveal.... another jersey.

So why did Cassano get sent off in the Milan derby?? Wearing a wifebeater??

Political/religious messages, whatever.......and whether it is stated clearly enough in the rules or not; all around the world, you go into the book for throwing a jersey. End of.

The Franchise

Lifetime Better Bastard
TTP Bookie Staff
Sep 7, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
My opinion

1)Koffie's was a red...it doesnt matter if he was meaning to hurt him he lead with his elbow.

2)Hassli is as smart as wood. That dumb fuk has cost the whitecaps 4 points at the least

3) New Englands red was the one that was shocking

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I wonder, the fifa laws actually state this:
http://www.fifa.com/mm/document/worldfootball/clubfootball/01/37/04/28/law12.pdf
While it is permissible for a player to demonstrate his joy when a goal has been scored, the celebration must not be excessive.

[...]

A player must be cautioned if:
• in the opinion of the referee, he makes gestures which are provocative,
derisory or inflammatory
• he climbs on to a perimeter fence to celebrate a goal being scored
• he removes his shirt or covers his head with his shirt
• he covers his head or face with a mask or other similar item

Would he have been YC'ed for running to the touchline and deciding he was hot and ripped off his longsleeve top, showing the short sleeve under it and throwing the LS top to the coaches/trainers?

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
My opinion

1)Koffie's was a red...it doesnt matter if he was meaning to hurt him he lead with his elbow.
The Revs player was just as repsonsible for this, a replay clearly shows him running into Koffie's elbow as much as the elbow landed on him, nevermind the fact Koffie's going for a ball oblivious to the other player's infringment (Potentially)
2)Hassli is as smart as wood. That dumb fuk has cost the whitecaps 4 points at the least
Agreed, although both times he has taken a second yellow, never a straight red, and the second yellow in the philly game was weaksauce and the first yellow last night was weaksauce, if was even a yellow...
3) New Englands red was the one that was shocking
You're right, it was probably his weakest call all game... but he did need to "even it up" :mad:

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Felt bad for Koffie.....I like that lad's composure in the middle, although his passing lets him down at times.
The wee Brazilian has got to stop diving!! It's getting embarrassing!!

I also honestly thought that the offside goal wasn't off after looking at the replay. As soon as Hassli threw his shirt, he had to go. Dumb, dumb, dumb.....

Absolutely agree with CS before the tying goal......how can you overhit the pass to Kholfan?? I think it was Harmse though and not Harris, no?

it was harmse.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
JBN, you're such a homer. :D

FIFA LAWS con't...
• he climbs on to a perimeter fence to celebrate a goal being scored
• he removes his shirt or covers his head with his shirt
• he covers his head or face with a mask or other similar item

Regs: consider this...he didn't just climb a perimeter fence, he jumped one. One could interpret the billboard advertizing as perimeter.

He also removed his shirt. The rules don't distinguish what is under.

Point being: the ref was card happy, and you already have a yellow. The rules are vague, at best...why give a card happy ref any reason to issue another card? Clearly this guy is in deep at this point so far as his strict issuing of color and his strict interpretation. Don't give him a reason to go for his book!

Dumb, dumb, dumb.

Gomesy16

Oct 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

It was Harmse, however it wasn't so much that he over hit the pass as the Predator (Kholfan) ran out of gas and didn't continue his run. In my opinion, don't make the run all the way up the wing if you're tired and don't have enough gas to get to it.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dude, I'm not defending Hassli, I'm just pointing out that the fact he had another regulation team top on underneath & it was something I've never seen before... and would the ref have yellowed him if he ran to his own bench and pulled it off and threw it to a trainer instead of a fan in the 5th row?

Dumb Dumb Dumb is right. He has already endeared himself to the fans in the TFC match, he might have temporarily ruined his credibility with the WFC Faithful by trying to earn even more...

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0