Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Whitecaps vs New England 20110406

Dancin Bear

Oct 26, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
It was Harmse, however it wasn't so much that he over hit the pass as the Predator (Kholfan) ran out of gas and didn't continue his run. In my opinion, don't make the run all the way up the wing if you're tired and don't have enough gas to get to it.

That's a fair shout, but remember Khalfan had been running his arse off all game.....not to mention being down one, and then two men.
It was a good run, but give it to his feet or a couple of yards leading him. He could have jogged it into the corner from there, shielding it........I still say given the time on the clock and circumstances, the pass was overhit.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
JBN...if anything, you've given WFC some interesting amo for an appeal. But still, beyond dumb. You don't mess w/ the grey area like that, especially against a twat of a ref who is dying to be the show.

cascadesoccer

Oct 7, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
That's a fair shout, but remember Khalfan had been running his arse off all game.....not to mention being down one, and then two men.
It was a good run, but give it to his feet or a couple of yards leading him. He could have jogged it into the corner from there, shielding it........I still say given the time on the clock and circumstances, the pass was overhit.

Harmse still had tons of room when he made that pass. He could have held the ball or even over lapped Khalfan and kept the ball as he was the one with fresh legs. But what ifs don't matter to much now. Larsson wouldn't have made that mistake, I can tell you that much. Callies for life :rolleyes:

dutch13

Feb 5, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Agree with Dude on Hassli real stupid decision. What is most frustrating is the refs track record coming into the game, and having him completely live up to it. Neither of the 2 straight reds should have occured. Both were fouls, maybe yellows, but not reds.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
It was Harmse, however it wasn't so much that he over hit the pass as the Predator (Kholfan) ran out of gas and didn't continue his run. In my opinion, don't make the run all the way up the wing if you're tired and don't have enough gas to get to it.

It looked like he made the run to get the ball and go to the corner.......unfortunately the pass was shite so he didn't see the point of chasing the ball as he was unlikely to get it at that point.......

Luch

Jul 6, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Someone tell me why Khalfan took the corners last night? He Shanked 99% to the defender at the near post.

On another note, it was great to have the drummers back in 207. Hopefully they stay.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Luch, the corners for NE were even worse......that plunker who was hitting the left footer outswingers had two corners bounce once before being cleared by the near post defenders......otherwise he pushed the ball so far away from goal it could only be headed from inside the 'D'. Disgraceful for that kind of level........

Loved the drummers too. :)

Luch

Jul 6, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Luch, the corners for NE were even worse......that plunker who was hitting the left footer outswingers had two corners bounce once before being cleared by the near post defenders......otherwise he pushed the ball so far away from goal it could only be headed from inside the 'D'. Disgraceful for that kind of level........

Loved the drummers too. :)

True Cappy... Very true. Sitting with Simone last night, I think it's more obvious to those with natural left pegs. ;). ... #lovethesambabeat

Gomesy16

Oct 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
It looked like he made the run to get the ball and go to the corner.......unfortunately the pass was shite so he didn't see the point of chasing the ball as he was unlikely to get it at that point.......

It happened right infront of me, in my opinion the pass wasn't that bad and he could have got there first had he not stopped. He ran out of gas. I know were splitting hairs here, but my point is don't make yourself an option and stay back if you can't finish the run.

Nevertheless, it was another freakin' entertaining match. The quality is lacking at times, but full worth the $ in terms of entertainment value.

The 'Caps should include a disclaimer in their ticket packages warning people with heart problems.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0