Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

[Women's Open] 2006 Provincial Cup Draw & Results - Congrats Slurrey!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome Wagon

Oct 26, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: [Women's Open] 2006 Provincial Cup Draw

nutmegs said:
That's a classic choker move!!:D I've seen her do it quite a few times - she runs at the ball like she's going to play it and then ducks to let the ball run back to the keeper. Sneaky girl...

Nutmegs, I agree with you. Choker is definitely a very sneaky girl. However, yesterday the ducks were on crosses. I was all over it though:D !! She definitely did redeem herself by winning a few hard challenges and had one absolutely wicked toe punt so all was good!! It provided both of us with some extra entertainment and gave us a good laugh too, once the initial shock wore off:D !!

WW

choker

Sep 23, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money

nutmegs said:
Thanks for the heads up, choker.:)

Actually, talking to my Coquitlam sources, they have been told by BC Soccer that the game must be played on a Saturday or Sunday between 12pm and 4pm or something like that. So no Friday night game which sucks cause it would be exciting to watch.:(

Anybody know the results of the other two games this past weekend?:confused: Westside-Richmond or the all-Island battle (Castaways-Prospect Lake)? Anyone???

It says on the home page for MWSL that Richmond beat Westside 2-1!

nutmegs

Nov 4, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

choker said:
Wow - closer than I expected that one to be. So outside of my team's game we now know the quarters:

Gordon Head@Gordon Head (battle of two teams with the same name)

Norvan@Coquitlam

Richmond@UBC

Castaways/Prospect@Surrey

Any predictions from people? I'll give mine in the near future (don't want to piss anyone off this early ;) ).

Welcome Wagon

Oct 26, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

choker said:

UBC will get the chance to redeem themselves from their upset loss to Richmond awhile back. Look for UBC to come out and take it to Richmond. Hopefully the 3 weeks worth of byes won't prove to be costly for UBC.

I can't wait for our next game!!

WW

Welcome Wagon

Oct 26, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

I'll post my predictions now and try not to piss anyone off:D .

Gordon Head vs Gordon Head - Don't know, don't care. Predict the higher seeded team will win though. I will say 4-0 for the #1 seed.

Surrey vs Castaways/Prospect - Surrey 5 Castaways/Prospect 0. Should be a boring one for Surrey. Hopefully they don't fall asleep!!

UBC vs Richmond - UBC 4 Richmond 1. UBC always seems to have a tough go against Richmond, who knows why. I shouldn't talk though because we recently tied Poco, if you don't count our shootout win :eek: . I think UBC will come out and take it to Richmond.

Norvan vs Coquitlam - I don't like to predict the outcomes of my own games, but I think this will be a really close and hard fought game, with Norvan hopefully getting the win.

WW

ps. Lionheart, what are you going to do next season???

lookaturself13

Mar 6, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money

Island word here.... Castaways won 4-3 in extra time. They were up 3-0 and Prospect Lake came back in the second half. The Gordon Head Williams team should win their game... some advice for their opponent in the semis... young team with parents who scream alot with little knowledge... have fun. Dangerous on counter attacks and set pieces.

nutmegs

Nov 4, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

Welcome Wagon said:
UBC will get the chance to redeem themselves from their upset loss to Richmond awhile back. Look for UBC to come out and take it to Richmond. Hopefully the 3 weeks worth of byes won't prove to be costly for UBC.
Man - are you a UBC supporter or what?!?:rolleyes: Or are you sucking up so you can make it three different clubs in three years?;) Luckily, you and UBC are on opposite sides of the draw or else your teammates might have questioned your loyalty.:p

Thanks for the info on the Island teams, lookaturself13. Considering the fact that Castaways was 2nd in the league and Prospect was 5th the game was closer than I thought it would be. Any scouting reports on the Castaways?

Coquitlam or Norvan will get the team with the idiotic, screaming parents in the semis - have fun guys. :D

lionheart

Dec 10, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

Coquitlam or Norvan will get the team with the idiotic, screaming parents in the semis - have fun guys.

well they should have a battle with some of the players from each team:eek: could become quite a funny game.

As for my predictions, nothing too surprising:

#1 gordon head 2-0
surrey 5-0
UBC 3-0
Coquitlam 2-1 ot

ps. Lionheart, what are you going to do next season???
Well lots up in the air for what's going to happen with the new coach for next year. All depends on what tryouts look like if we will stay in premier. We will definately need atleast 5 more premier players for anyone on the team to continue to play at premier. Everyone is comfortable with dropping down though. Wait and see I guess.
Lionheart

Welcome Wagon

Oct 26, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

nutmegs said:
Man - are you a UBC supporter or what?!?:rolleyes: Or are you sucking up so you can make it three different clubs in three years?;) Luckily, you and UBC are on opposite sides of the draw or else your teammates might have questioned your loyalty.:p

Originally Posted by Welcome Wagon

Nutmegs, I don't remotely see how that post is sucking up to UBC. If anything, my post about your team was the most complimentary, and it hurts me to give your team any compliment whatsoever. Just kidding:D !!

I am definitely not sucking up to UBC, or any other team for that matter. I just think that UBC should do well against Richmond, especially since Richmond embarassed them last time and they might have some extra motivation. Hey, I did predict that Richmond would score a goal against UBC so I don't think that is overly complimentary/sucking up (as you put it), seeing as Richmond isn't overly threatening:eek: . Maybe my posts about UBC are unintentionally more complimentary than my posts about some other teams since several of my good friends play for UBC, and no one from UBC comes on TTP and bashes Norvan like someone you know very very well:D .

Not like I need to, but to set the record straight to my teammates, I am 100% loyal to Norvan and do not intend on making it 3 teams in 3 years. Playing for Poco was overly traumatizing on many occasions :eek: and I am very happy to have found a home on Norvan. Also, it is nice playing 1 minute away from my house so those 9:30am kickoffs aren't so drastic.

WW

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

lionheart said:
well they should have a battle with some of the players from each team:eek: could become quite a funny game.

As for my predictions, nothing too surprising:

#1 gordon head 2-0
surrey 5-0
UBC 3-0
Coquitlam 2-1 ot

Well lots up in the air for what's going to happen with the new coach for next year. All depends on what tryouts look like if we will stay in premier. We will definately need atleast 5 more premier players for anyone on the team to continue to play at premier. Everyone is comfortable with dropping down though. Wait and see I guess.
Lionheart

Lionheart,

You're always welcome to join Club Ireland. Are you still in the North Delta area? Are you helping coach the North Delta school team this year?

choker

Sep 23, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money

nutmegs said:
Thanks for the info on the Island teams, lookaturself13. Considering the fact that Castaways was 2nd in the league and Prospect was 5th the game was closer than I thought it would be. Any scouting reports on the Castaways?

I went to their website www.castawaysfc.org and it appears they practice twice in one week! I have a hard time making one sometimes...

My predictions

Island battle - the top seed
UBC 3, Richmond 1
Surrey 4, Castaways 0
Coq/Norvan.. let's just say I hope Norvan wins!

nutmegs

Nov 4, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

choker said:
I went to their website www.castawaysfc.org and it appears they practice twice in one week! I have a hard time making one sometimes...
Did you see that their Div. 3 team practices twice a week as well.:eek:

I could understand twice in Premier (especially close to playoffs), but Div. 3 - now that's serious. Of course it looks like they only train for one hour.

lionheart said:
well they should have a battle with some of the players from each team could become quite a funny game.
Classic - lionheart - just classic.:p

Welcome Wagon

Oct 26, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

nutmegs said:
I love winding Welcome Wagon up.:p

Nutmegs, it's all good!! It adds to the entertainment value of TTP:D . Without us and a few others TTP would be pretty uneventful. How is your back doing?? Ready to go for your next game??

Lionheart, with a few more premier caliber players you guys could have a decent team, especially with a more competitive system. If run properly, you guys do have the potential to be a much much better team.

I hope we get to play the team with the crazy parents and players. Games like that are always really fun to play in.

WW

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Megs:

"Practice" for the Castaways (men's, women's and rugby teams) is a euphemism for a night spent at the Discovery Sports Club (their clubhouse) on the piss....:D

Should you venture there, remember - Buffalo rules still apply.

typing lefthanded,

Trece

lookaturself13

Mar 6, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money

Nutmegs - wish I could give you some info on Castaways, but since I am the coach, it probably isn't a good idea... ha.
The team does practice twice a week, for an hour, but we don't use soccer balls... only use an "imaginary ball"... still have trouble finishing?!?!? Always ends up being at a pub or sportsbar for a cool down.... fun times.
If you need the facts on GH - it'll cost you a few pints.
Looking forward to a road trip since last year the team played without a coach (thanx Surrey coach....not)

Funbox

Jun 15, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money

for the love of god...when and where do we play coquitlam?

Kage

Oct 10, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

Apparently we're playing at Charles Best at 11am...bit of an odd time but it happens. As for making any predictions...anything can happen in playoffs so I'm not going to BUT let's just say having a rested full squad for the upcoming games and some good training sessions will definitely benefit us. :) Good luck to all of the teams the rest of the way.

Kage

Oct 10, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

Also, in response to a previous post by WW about Norvan bashing, I'm assuming that you may be talking about me or another player on my team. If you are, you are completely off base because there are no Coquitlam players on TTP except me and I just read it and harldy, if ever, post anything. :confused: :cool:

Welcome Wagon

Oct 26, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

Kage said:
Also, in response to a previous post by WW about Norvan bashing, I'm assuming that you may be talking about me or another player on my team. If you are, you are completely off base because there are no Coquitlam players on TTP except me and I just read it and harldy, if ever, post anything. :confused: :cool:

Kage,

I totally wasn't referring to you or any Coquitlam players at all. I know that you and all the other Coquitlam players do not post on here. I don't know why you'd assume I meant you or Coquitlam players. The guilty party knows who she is:D . Afterall, we do share the same name:D. I was only half serious about the whole Norvan bashing thing anyway. So what. It is TTP!! Everyone is fair game!! I just thought the post that was made about me sucking up to UBC was ridiculous so my response was equally ridiculous.

Can't wait to play you guys. It should be a good game. How is your knee?? Call me or email me one of these days. We should all meet up!!

WW

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0