Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

[Women's Open] 2006 Provincial Cup Draw & Results - Congrats Slurrey!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fat Bastard

Aug 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: [Women's Open] 2006 Provincial Cup Draw

The youth format in past years has change to four groups of three teams, so everyone plays two round robin games, and then the four group winners move onto semi-finals. This would be nice. BC could conceivably have two teams medal!

SC

Jul 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Nutmegs, it's not quite a roadtrip when it's in your backyard, perhaps you should 'throw' the game :D.

SC

Jul 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Nutty,

I'm anxiously awaiting your take on the game against Alumni:confused:

Most importantly when and where is the final match-up?

Congrats to the final contenders:)

+SC

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Final is at Town Centre this Sunday @ 3PM.

Fat Bastard

Aug 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

This should be a great game. Surrey had Coquitlam's number all year, but games were close. Surrey is missing some players, while Coquitlam seems to be getting it going and getting big performances from their key players.

I am predicting close game. But an upset. Coquitlam wins 1-0.

nutmegs

Nov 4, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

SC said:
Nutty,

I'm anxiously awaiting your take on the game against Alumni:confused:

+SC

Sorry, I didn't have an update earlier but this is the first time I been in front of a computer since the game ended.

1-0 was the final score for all those enquiring minds out there. A pretty exciting game and a win I think we deserved. I'm not trying to piss off all those UBC lurkers out there but we had more scoring chances and were full value for the win. We probably should have scored about 3 goals in the first half, but Bagshawe was on fire in net plus we missed a sitter.

About 15 minutes into the second half, we finally found the net on a great shot from our young striker - off the far post and in - no chance for the keeper. Probably our toughest scoring chance on the day (in terms of the angle, etc) but that's the one that goes in. Rest of the game was pretty back and forth, we had a few changes to put it away while UBC had one semi-breakway that they put wide. I thought we defended really well and didn't give them many chances at all.

Fat Bastard said:
This should be a great game. Surrey had Coquitlam's number all year, but games were close. Surrey is missing some players, while Coquitlam seems to be getting it going and getting big performances from their key players.

I am predicting close game. But an upset. Coquitlam wins 1-0.
Actually, it looks like we should have most of our players ready to go and there might even be a few surprises. ;)

No predictions on the winner from me, but I will say that I think it will be very close and I disagree with FB on the scoreline - I will be very surprised if either team gets shut out. I predict a 3-1 or 3-2 score.

Conductor

May 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

I agree with Nutmegs about the game this weekend having 4 or 5 goals scored in it. So I'll go with the prediction of Surrey 4 or 5 over Coquitlam 0.:D Should be a great game though!

SC

Jul 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Congrats to Slurrey,

Perhaps the 3rd year will be the charm? :confused:

I guess it will still be a huge road trip to Slurrey, all the way in from #6 road, hey Nutmegs?

Let's hear the game review...

+SC

Ballbaby

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

WELL DONE SURREY UNITED LADIES!

Congratulations to the entire team and to nutmegs and her MVP performance.

Nationals again ladies. You are due.:D

Fat Bastard

Aug 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

Surrey was full marks for the win yesterday. To be honest, it wasn't a particularly well played game. Field was shite, and there wasn't much flow to the play.

I thought Coquitlam had the edge in the first half, but they couldn't capitalize on their chances. Then in the second half (30 seconds in!) Slurrey got their break and knocked in a loose ball. That's all they needed.

Slurrey back four was terrific, the real difference in the game. I thought Phebe and Ros worked their tails off, but the SU back four was so organized that they forced Coquitlam into outnumbered situations or long balls to nowhere.

Can't say I am happy about it, but they did deserve it. SU was the best team all year. And they did it without two national team players.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Fantastic! Well done ladies.

I guess Surrey girls are good at two things...

Attachments

• winners.jpg
    winners.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 107
  • Megs.jpg
    Megs.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 97

nutmegs

Nov 4, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

Fat Bastard said:
Surrey was full marks for the win yesterday. To be honest, it wasn't a particularly well played game. Field was shite, and there wasn't much flow to the play.

I thought Coquitlam had the edge in the first half, but they couldn't capitalize on their chances. Then in the second half (30 seconds in!) Slurrey got their break and knocked in a loose ball. That's all they needed.

Slurrey back four was terrific, the real difference in the game. I thought Phebe and Ros worked their tails off, but the SU back four was so organized that they forced Coquitlam into outnumbered situations or long balls to nowhere.

Can't say I am happy about it, but they did deserve it. SU was the best team all year. And they did it without two national team players.

Thanks for the props, FB!! Yes, it wasn't the best game but it was exciting. Our backline is unbelievable. Zero goals against in the provincials this year!!:wa:

Coquitlam played hard and I'm not gonna lie, I was worried in the first ten minutes. After that, I think our nerves calmed down and we played so much better. No offense to Coq but I think there was too much emphasis on trying to spring Phebe and Ros - they need to play with the ball more rather than just humping long balls up to the strikers.

Ballbaby said:
WELL DONE SURREY UNITED LADIES!

Congratulations to the entire team and to nutmegs and her MVP performance.

Nationals again ladies. You are due.
Thanks Ballbaby!! I will have to say though that the MVP should have gone to or at least been shared with k-vale. She was a workhorse in the middle of the park and had a goal and an assist (just like me :D ). All in all, an unbelievable team effort considering all the injuries we had to work through. Very proud of the team and very hungover at work right now. ;)

Watch out Newton Athletic cause the Slurrey girls have some unfinished business at Nationals!!!

Woo-hooo!!!:wa:

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Congrats Surrey U and Nutmegs!!!

Well done!

~Regs.

nutmegs

Nov 4, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thanks for all the congratulations everyone!!:)

choker - I thought you might be a little more talkative than that but I'll take what I can get. See you in Penticton!!;)

FB - I had some a**hole ;) and other lurkers ask me to straighten your post out and say that Coquitlam didn't have the edge in the first half. Michelle had to make a great save about midway through the first just to keep it scoreless. Surrey had a territorial and ball possession advantage and Coq was only dangerous on the counterattack. There weren't many scoring chances either way though. The second half was very different as Surrey pretty much dominated the whole thing - maybe that's why you said Coq had the edge in the first. Hope that makes everyone happy now. ;)

By the way Regs - thanks for changing the title of the thread as well. :)

Attachments

• Three-peat!!.jpg
    Three-peat!!.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 101

choker

Sep 23, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
nutmegs said:
choker - I thought you might be a little more talkative than that but I'll take what I can get. See you in Penticton!!;)

SORRRRY!! Been way too busy at work (is that possible) WAY TO GO NUTMEGS!! AND SLURRRREY! I managed to catch the last 15 minutes and I wasn't surprised to see the score when I got there...

.... AND I wasn't surprised for you getting the MVP either.. heard you (and K-Vale) played very well....

And about Penny.. gonna go up but not to play.. !!! no team wants me.. haha i wonder why

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0