Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Women's Premier 2009/10

Fat Bastard

Aug 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Off topic, but has anyone's players started training with the Whitecaps women already? It says it includes local players from last year and U18 Prospects (so I trust those Surrey players will be getting stuck in on the kids during training).

What caught my interest was this comment from Busby: "This also includes invitees who are currently performing well in the Metro Women's Soccer League."

Gooner21

Aug 29, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yes, FB....there were upwards of 25 girls from the MWSL teams invited for trials and he's had 10-12 of them showing up on the weeekday morning sessions. I know we had a couple invited but with school/work they haven't been able to attend. Lots of Surrey girls though, like 7 or 8 that have been out.
Rumours are there are a bunch of non-MWSL players that he's bringing in for April/May so I wouldn't expect it to look just like a MWSL all-star team when the dust settles.

Gooner21

Aug 29, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
And as for reporting scores....Canadians 2, Langley 0 last night....absolutely ugly match. Our intensity of the last few weeks against Surrey and Westside was missing, as were many of our players at the olympics, so we played a flat game with 13 bodies. I don't think we knew what to do when we looked up and had space and time, something not given to us in our high intensity matches of late....thus we decided that one player carrying it 25 yards into a blue wall was better than passing. :(

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sari Raber has been going to their sessions in the evening out at SFU but she is gone now with the National Team for a training camp. Other than that....we just have enough players available. :D To be honest, there is one player on our team who should be there but we'll see what happens.

Gooner21

Aug 29, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
there is one player on our team who should be there but we'll see what happens.

Is that Davie? I did tell Busby he should invite her as I've been really impressed with her the past couple seasons at UBC. Maybe a call/email from you would do the trick as they're supposed to just be on training "trials" now anyways.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Caitlin would the one but she is leaning towards working more in the summer and wouldn't be able to commit to the time. I've talked to her and she is more interested in making money for school it would seem but who knows......

Gooner21

Aug 29, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
Anybody else having problems with numbers due to the Olympics? I had 13 at our last game and had to cancel training tonight as only 7 could make it due to working or attending the games. I remember it coming up at the initial premier meeting that there might be a mini-break, but there hasn't been. Am I the only whiner? :(

Fat Bastard

Aug 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I don't remember any talk of a break. Although we probably could have given the break we'll get in March between cup games.

I'm having similar problems with the girls u15 team I coach. But I have pretty much resigned myself to it. Let's face it... it's a once in a lifetime opportunity. Everyone should get out and enjoy it. I'd be the first to say there's not much more important than football, but I think this might qualify.

But once the Olympics are over... time to give'er. No more excuses. Everyone better have their butts at training.

Gooner21

Aug 29, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
It wasn't really an "official" break that was alluded to I guess, but they did say they might not schedule games during the two weekends of Olympics...but it was just in passing, I guess I should've thought further ahead on that and spoken up. :( When is that switch to a spring/summer season coming again? :)

Gooner21

Aug 29, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
Any reports from the weekend games?
Canadians 5, NCU 0
Has anyone else realized that the next league cup games fall on gold medal hockey day and closing ceremonies night? The league didn't show any compassion when I brought it up to them...I mean why would they, it's only a once in a lifetime thing in our city that everyone is trying to be a part of? :(
I know we'll be struggling to field a team next weekend....and surely the Olympics must be affecting other teams as NCU had 13 bodies tonight and 5 of those were permits.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Surrey United 1 Richmond 0

We almost pulled off the 0 - 0 draw which is what we had hoped for........we frustrated Surrey United for the most part......or so it appeared by the amount of complaining to the ref. We had one really good chance on a header in the first half and another 1/2 chance with a header. The second half we didn't have any chances before I left and I assume we didn't afterwards. I left with 23 minutes gone in the second half so can't comment on anything after that. I will say our 4-1-4-1 worked well with our 11 bodies we had today with two call-ups. It is always good when up have to cross out more names on the team list than players you leave on........:eek: Whatever.....

We've forfeited our cup game next Friday because we have 8 players available. FML.

knaacks

Oct 7, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
I wouldn't say YOU frustrated us as much as we did to ourselves. Our lack of finish kept Richmond in the game as their keeper made diving saves all game . 2 great saves to deny us in the 6 yard area summed up our day. Your team always plays us with style and alot of heart. Credit your keeper for an outstanding game ! Sorry to hear about the state of your squad for the upcoming finish to the League cup. Are you gonna be better come Provincial time? Lastly , keep the movies coming!!! Those things are the Bom-bay !!!!

Fat Bastard

Aug 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Any reports from the weekend games?
Canadians 5, NCU 0
Has anyone else realized that the next league cup games fall on gold medal hockey day and closing ceremonies night? The league didn't show any compassion when I brought it up to them...I mean why would they, it's only a once in a lifetime thing in our city that everyone is trying to be a part of? :(
I know we'll be struggling to field a team next weekend....and surely the Olympics must be affecting other teams as NCU had 13 bodies tonight and 5 of those were permits.

Well the schedule being so packed and all... I mean there's only three weeks of nothing between the semi finals and the final. :rolleyes:

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Knaacks, good points but we did as well as we could have today.

As for Provincial Cup, who knows? I hope we'll be able to have a good squad out but it hasn't happened all season so I'm not that optimistic that we'll have our best players all out at the same time. Well done on another win. :)

knaacks

Oct 7, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
At Cloverdale Tuesday night, big rematch for Surrey and Coquitlam. In the end Surrey walked away with a 6 - 0 win ! Very uncharacteristic for Coquitlam as we were expecting to have a battle on our hands but we were able to shut down KJ and PT for the most part and we won our share of the play in the midfield. Crosses produced a few nice finishes and the score was 4 - 0 at the half. 5th goal came quickly into the 2nd frame and we started to sub the starters off. With 16 players we were able to rest a few and the levels didn't drop much. In the end we only had 10 on the field as our left back came out with a sore foot with about 4 mins. to go. Good job all around for the girls tonight. 1 more to go against Westside to finish the league play.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wow......an emphatic win, Knaacks. Nicely done. I can only assume Coquitlam was missing a few especially since they have done so well this year. :confused:

Gooner21

Aug 29, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
Did NCU and CMF get their "Coquitlam" games mixed up and NCU showed up to play instead? :) What happened to CMF in this one?

Fat Bastard

Aug 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Anyone got any humble pie?

I missed last night's game due to a meeting. I'm glad I did. Haven't got a report from the gaffer, but while I am sure Surrey was full marks for the three points, I trust there were some mitigating factors on our side. (I hope so.)

Anyhow, at least we get that out of our system now, and not six weeks from now. Need to beat Richmond and get some help from the Westsiders to claim the title. At least it's an exciting finish to the league.

Back in our Burnaby days we got hammered 8-0 by UBC in a league game. Went on to win Provincial Cup that year. (Sh)It happens.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0