Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Women's Premier 2009/10

Gooner21

Aug 29, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
FB, check your email....with short notice of a Friday match we probably won't have enough bodies as half our team work Friday nights....would following Friday work so I can give them some notice to work on their schedules?

Gooner21

Aug 29, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thanks for the change to next week FB....I think we'll only be missing 2 then instead of 8 this week so I owe you one! :)

Gooner21

Aug 29, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
Caught the NS-SU tilt last night...interesting match. Surrey up 1 early but they fell a bit flat soon after and NS started to gain a strong foothold with some great pressure on the ball. SU looked disinterested once it became a match and NS had much more jump and energy on the night and showed some great buildups and attacking patterns. Well done to the NS girls, they looked ready on the night and when sensing blood took advantage!

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
White Rock(Formerly known as Delta) 0 Richmond 4

Dani (2), Shanay, and Steph Thibert with the goals. It was a bloody miserable night in terms of weather. We had 14 players (with only 1 selects call-up) there which was our best turnout of the season in terms of just premier players. White Rock had a couple of decent players.....athletic, quick, and aggressive, but they had some really weak links too. Their goalie played very well.

FB, we might have to move the game on the 20th to the 21st in the evening as there MIGHT be a problem with getting Minoru.......I'll let you know once we know. Cheers.

Fat Bastard

Aug 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey Gooner. Regardless of the MWSL website, Friday's game is on the Stadium field. She said she'd change it tonight. But I wanted to avoid any further confusion. Cheers. FB.

knaacks

Oct 7, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Final from Cloverdale Wed night - Surrey 5 - Westside 0. Just had too much for the Westsiders last night. Big thanks to Westside for the pints after though, as we met in our clubhouse.

Ballbaby

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Final from Cloverdale Wed night - Surrey 5 - Westside 0. Just had too much for the Westsiders last night. Big thanks to Westside for the pints after though, as we met in our clubhouse.

I watched this game and my comments will make me sound real biased. If Surrey United can bring that quality of play on a consistent basis, I don't know who can play with them. They were technically excellent, individual and team wise, and their decision making was very good. I was really impressed. What is really interesting is seeing the depth of who they had sitting on the bench due to injury.

Westside is an interesting team. They likely were missing players but you can see they had some real quality players as well. You can also see if they can all get on the same page how they can stumble teams.

One of the goals scored by Surrey United from a left-footed shot from the center mid position about 20 plus yards out was one of the nicest I have seen in a long time.

Nutmegs looked very dangerous when she came on in the second half and went on a very impressive run down the left flank that left a Westside defender falling. I can't remember if her cross ended up in a goal, but it was impressive.

Entertaining for sure.

Conductor

May 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Captain, your girls didn't play, so you still got to celebrate your Christmas in March!!

A St. Patrick's Day game?

By the sounds of Ballbabys report it seems like SU is getting steam and firing on all cylinders just in time for the BC's!! SU kicked the leprachaun out of WS's shorts and than finished it off with some Guiness after the game. I'm sure NutMegs probably enjoyed that drink after the game as her body was probably going through withdrawel since she has been back from vacation!!:D

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Surrey United is DEFINITELY the team to beat.....they destroyed us 5 - 0 in one game earlier in the year and looked very good doing it.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Knaacks......we will likely have 11 there......Our Selects team is playing at the same time so we won't be able to bring up any players.....We might just have to do what we tried to do to SU last game.....anti-football here we come. :D

Fat Bastard

Aug 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Damn. Surrey is rolling. They're spanking everyone these days. For the rest of our sake, I hope they're peaking too soon! :)

Conductor

May 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Fat Bastard, don't go and try to pull that poor us stuff right now!! Seriously if you think Knaacks and the rest of SU staff and players are gonna fall for your tactics just before BC's please keep dreaming!!:D:D

Damn. Surrey is rolling. They're spanking everyone these days. For the rest of our sake, I hope they're peaking too soon!

Is SU playing well right now?? The answer is yes, but I know that SU won't be happy or over cofident with themselves. The reason being is that right now no one has won anything for real yet!!!!:eek:

Fat Bastard

Aug 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ummm. Conductor, no "poor us" stuff from me mate. Our squad is the best we have had in years. We have had the same group together for the entire season. I think that chemistry will bode well for our group in provincials. We've got a really good leadership group who have won before, and know what it takes.

Having said all that... I must admit that this is shaping up to be one of the best provincial tournaments in many, many years. There's five or six legitimate teams in the MWSL, the Hubcaps and even a couple from the Island. I think we will see some first round upsets.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0