Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

World Police Fire Games 2009 Soccer

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Vancouver/Burnaby are hosting the 2009 World Police Fire Games. This is a huge international sporting event, and soccer is a show piece competition. Teams will be competing in several divisions from Open to Masters. BC Police/Fire selects won both the Open B and Masters gold medals in Adelaide, Australia in 2007. I know that the Open side defeated Sevilla (Spain) in the final 2-1. Many TTPers, and local VMSL/FVSL, etc players will be competing. It goes in August, out at BLSCW mostly. Mark this in your calendars, it is an outstanding tournament, and the games themselves atttract thousands of athletes from across the globe, many at a professional level.

But back to soccer, who are entering/discussion?

zenga

Dec 1, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
A good friend of mine went to play in these games in Australia and won the gold medal in soccer. I think they played police from Valencia in the final. He said it was amazing. Looking forward to it.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Zenga, we defeated Sevilla, not Valencia, on a PK in added time in the final. It is a tournament that is not easy to forget. If we can get anywhere near the atmosphere that happend in Adelaide, this tournament will by far transcend anything I have seen locally. It will be going in August this year, and I will keep you posted. Lots of local players will be involved, and some interesting friendlies coming up.

Sir M.

kjohnsob

Aug 25, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Was this in Seattle last year? I play in the Airport league on a team that's primarily VPD and NWPD, and they were talking about going to Seattle for a police/fire soccer tourney.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'll be in Whistler watching the father in law compete in the Mountain Biking Competition.
Previous 3 gold and 1 silver winner.

But might have to come back for the final 2 days to watch.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Was this in Seattle last year? I play in the Airport league on a team that's primarily VPD and NWPD, and they were talking about going to Seattle for a police/fire soccer tourney.

Soccer paper is right. The Seattle tournament was the NAPST, a much smaller version of the WPFGames. And if you play on a VPD/NWPS team, then you should come and talk to me.

I would like to meet you.

Sir M.

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
play on a VPD/NWPS team

...that was run by a guy from the post office.:D

KJohn's team was originally the VPD rugby team. Now consists of guys from NW Reds and their friends. One bike squad guy; don't remember any others being on any of the forces, since Wendy doesn't play for them anymore. And Warren definitely doesn't count...:D

kjohnsob

Aug 25, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
...that was run by a guy from the post office.:D

KJohn's team was originally the VPD rugby team. Now consists of guys from NW Reds and their friends. One bike squad guy; don't remember any others being on any of the forces, since Wendy doesn't play for them anymore. And Warren definitely doesn't count...:D

I broke wendy's hand last year, like the first game. :eek:

Come on el presidenté is a postal investigator, secret asian man, you mean that doesnt count?

but ya I think there's a few more. Wayne and Colin are I think. *shrug* Maybe if you're putting together an over 50's team ;)

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Um... secret asian man actually helps look after the truck fleet.:rolleyes:

...although I have seen him dressed as an auxiliary at a couple of Caps games.:D

Wayne is (as far as I know). Colin just has delusions about being an authority figure (kind of like his delusions about being a keeper).:D:D

El Presidente is the only guy out there over 50, even though Eddie, Ron and Carlos look like they should be.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
There is a bit of a warm up for these games this weekend at Burnaby for the local teams. Lots of VMSL/FVSL players are in this tournament, as well as some TTPers. The tournament is called the Burnaby Emergency Services tournament (hosted by Burnaby Fire). There is a Mens Open division, Mens Masters Division, amd a co-ed div. Also a beer garden.

7 teams in the Mens open I believe, Vancouver Fire, Vancouver Police, Burnaby Fire, West Van Fire, Canada Border Services, Surrey Fire and Coquitlam Fire. There is a beverage garden as well I think. Vancouver Police won it last year. I think it is on the grass, but am not positive.

I couldn't cut and paste the schedule, but a couple of good games today are Vancouver Fire vs Vancouver Police at 1100, and Vancouver Police vs Burnaby Fire at 330. West Van Fire (Besty, Planks, Tommy Adamson et al) are kicking off about now against Coquitlam Fire.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
There are actually very few police teams in this tournament, mostly firefighter teams. It is on the grass at Burnaby Lake, and has a great beer garden.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Mens Open Semi-Finals go tomorrow as follows:

Coquitlam Fire vs Vancouver Police, 1230 PM.

Vancouver Fire vs Surrey Fire, 1230 PM.

Open final is 330 PM.

Not sure about the over 35s but I know the semis are at 11. I do not know about the co-ed.

The games are on the grass at Burnaby Lake, and the garden is outstanding.

Deuce

Sep 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Mens Open Semi-Finals go tomorrow as follows:

Coquitlam Fire vs Vancouver Police, 1230 PM.

Vancouver Fire vs Surrey Fire, 1230 PM.

Open final is 330 PM.

Not sure about the over 35s but I know the semis are at 11. I do not know about the co-ed.

The games are on the grass at Burnaby Lake, and the garden is outstanding.

Over 35's semis are :
Delta/Richmond Fire vs Surrey Fire at 11am
Van Fire 1 vs VPD at 11am
Finals are at 2pm.

Cheers,
Deucy

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
In the open, it was VPD over Coq 5-0 or something, and VFD beat SFD I think 1-0 in the semis.

VPD over Vancouver Fire 3-1 in the final.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0