Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

World Police Fire Games 2009 Soccer

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yoda, I THINK the semis go at 9 and 11 unless they changed it after I left yesterday.

Open B final (Div 2) final 4:

Burnaby Fire
NYFD
South Wales Police
Region Murcia Police (Spain)

Dont know who is playing who though.

Open A (Div 1) final 4:

South African Police
Tax Crime Police (St. Petersburg, Russia)
South African Corrections
Mexico

Don't know who is playing who, although I am pretty sure the two South African teams are not playing eachother in the semis.

Sir M.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Finally! Someone who knows what the heck is going on there!!
Thanks SirM.

We'll be there to watch some football so i'll probably check out the soccer, whatever is on when we get there

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sir M:

While I realize that I may need to be more specific when describing things to you, my "hallucination" was shared with a number of the spectators in attendance. I also did not state that "my Masters team" would be competitive; I said that
the Brazilian team I saw would struggle at our Masters' level.
By this, I meant "our" in the context of the league as a whole. I have no such delusions about the quality of my team.:rolleyes:

Basically, they looked old and slow like the rest of us, had trouble completing passes, and resorted to kick and run. It was a long way from samba soccer.

Granted that one could argue that they may not have been used to the turf or the ball, or may have just been knackered from a previous game, but the comment was based on an assessment of how the team looked in that game. I did not see any of their other games; they may have appeared different entirely.:rolleyes:

Russell Peters was always a nice touch, though.

Sep 18, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think the tall lanky russian player striker position has to be one of the top players in this tourney!

Maybe i am biased because i am officiating?
Oh yeah the best part was the russian coach coming up to me to tell me they thought this was going to be mini soccer(5 a side)
cheung/mauricio and i had a good laugh about this(russia vs brazil game)........

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
So far there have been some surprising results, and today was no different.

Open B (Div 2):

NYFD 2 Burnaby Fire 1
Region Murcia Police 2 South Wales 0

Open A (Div1):

Mexico 5 South Africa Police 2 (2-1 Mexico after 4 minutes on three crackers in this one).
Tax Crime Police (Russia) 6 South Africa Corrections 0 :eek:

Gold medal games are tomorrow at Swangard.

I will defer to Deuce to report on the old guys results.

Sir M.

ffdusty

Oct 4, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Saturday's Games
11am Burnaby Fire vs South Wales for the bronze in Open B Division
1:15 South Africa Police vs South Africa Corrections for Bronze in the Open A Division
both games at Burnaby Lake Turf
5pm FDNY vs Spain for the gold in Open B Division
7:30 Mexico vs Russia for the gold in Open A Division
both games at Swangard
Delta/Richmond Fire beat Surrey Fire 3-0 to win the Gold in the O-35 final today
I thought the referees were great all week.

Deuce

Sep 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
So far there have been some surprising results, and today was no different.

Open B (Div 2):

NYFD 2 Burnaby Fire 1
Region Murcia Police 2 South Wales 0

Open A (Div1):

Mexico 5 South Africa Police 2 (2-1 Mexico after 4 minutes on three crackers in this one).
Tax Crime Police (Russia) 6 South Africa Corrections 0 :eek:

Gold medal games are tomorrow at Swangard.

I will defer to Deuce to report on the old guys results.

Sir M.

Clean sweep for the Locals in the 0-35's

Gold- Delta/Richmond Fire
Silver- Surrey Fire
Bronze- Vancouver Fire

Vancouver beat Nor Cal 3- 0
Delta beat Surrey Fire 3-0.

Congrats to Surrey Fire and Van Fire, 2 very good teams.
7 games in 6 days, a bit much..

Cheers Deucy:D:D

Ballbaby

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Open A Final:

Moscow Tax Police 3-2 Mexico Police - Penalties

I will digress by my earlier comments- these players were elite. After playing all week on turf, these teams demonstrated great skill on the grass and I found the game very entertaining and very creative. Definitely another level.

The Russian striker (#14) was a big man with intricate skills. The Mexican striker (#10) was normal sized with intricate skills and his full volley to tie the game in the second overtime was so composed it was scary.

The B Final was excellent as well with New York Fire losing 1-0 to Spain Police. New York was the better team in my opinion.

Great week. The ONLY thing that was disappointing, was the choice of beer in the beer garden. ABSOLUTELY THE WORST TASTING BEER!!!! I am so disappointed, yet I continued to drink it. Do I not have any will power? I tried to switch to cider, but how many of those ghastly things can you take?

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ballbaby, I was at the final too and agree the quality of football was maybe a bit above VMSL Premier football......though there were players who weren't up to that level. Number 10 in Mexico was good but Number 6 was their best player with number 7 being a close 2nd. The Russian striker ran loads in their 1 striker formation...in the second half...4-2-3-1 after starting with a 4 - 4 - 2. Both teams' second goals were outstanding finishes. It was a great atmosphere at Swangard, one that the Whitecaps would have drooled over. Canadian spectators really are mince. :(

Overall, a great event and I was very pleased to be a part of it from an officiating capacity. I would love to go to New York for the next one too. :) :eek:

Sep 18, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
PS Best beer garden I have seen in a long time at BBY lake for this thing...Great fun!

Best part of beer gardens was one of them lil tOOtie hotties flashing the men in unform(Officials)not 1 but 3.:eek:pairs and i thought the players on the field were the men in uniform.....think it is time to add uniform of the soccer/fudbal officials type to the list.
capt'n i would be with you on going to n.y. next host of these games as a part of the officiating crew,from canada.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0