Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

World Police Fire Games 2009 Soccer

futbol

Jun 24, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Regs, the wpfg games site has hundreds of photos taken by an official photographer because as you know most of us are either playing or have two drinks in our hands.

Ballbaby

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
As mentioned the 'A' level was very disappointing...at least the games I saw.

I saw some pretty "elite" stuff yesterday in the game between Russia and South Africa. One of the South African strikers showed unbelievable anticipation and speed, definitely indicating he has played at a very high level.

Brazil, quite frankly is a disappointment.

In the Over 35's, the UK Prison Guards were a "pleasant" surprise for us. This team had several players who were part of the Gold medal team in 2001 in the A division, and they could play. Bronco was our linesman and I chuckled when one of our guys challenged him on a call. Well, if you remembered Bronco's demeanour playing, some of that carries over to the officiating. I saw the scowl on his face and perhaps a few choice words for our guy? I could be wrong.:D

We won the game on penos and we were lucky to have our goalie stay in the game. Stupid backpass caused an out of the box challenge, and need I say more.

Playing on the old turf is really taking it's toll. Hamstring tears and Achilles tears are unfortunately rampant.

Luch

Jul 6, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
From the park... Div 2 Quarters

NY 2-0 New west

Mid way 2nd half:
Spain 2-0 WV

Bby 1-0 Italia
Italians with many chances.. Francks on his head.

5bigtoes

Jul 21, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
in a nut shell;
back sore
calfs sore
hamstrings sore
quads sore
knees sore
having played in O35 WPFG - priceless

I haven't played seriously for 2 years and enjoyed every bit of the experience. The banter in the beer gardens is fantasitic:)
gonna take thursdy off for recovery and ice...be out friday for a more socializing and beerzzzz....

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Captain, first off, the VPD women defeated Quebec to win the gold this aft, by a 3-0 score. Big congratulations to them, they were the class on the womens side and won every game they played. and I also believe did not concede a goal during the tournament.

As far as tomorrow goes, the final four in Open A is South Africa Police, South Africa Corrections, Mexico, and Russia. Trece, as far as your hallucination that your Masters team could somehow compete with any of those sides, sorry, but this is what would happen should one of those fearsome Masters sides you reference be matched up with one of a/m teams:

As far as the Open B goes, huge upset with Italy losing, and great job by BFF, especially Franks, and probably a good example of a team taking another team too lightly. CS, I forgot about South Wales, we played them in the semis in Adelaide, and they are now my pick to win it. They looked good today, and won a very close game.

Finally, to make Deuce feel better, I believe that there were several local Firefighter sides playing in the semis late this aft, do not know any results.

I believe that there are Open A semis in the AM at 1100, and I believe that each South African team cannot meet one another until the final, should they progress. There are some games before that, possibly Open B semis...they keep changing the schedule Luch. Deuce can advise re the over 35s...

Sir M.

Last edited by a moderator:

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm dense... for the life of me, I can't find any photos on the wpfg games site :(

It was definately there before but it seems to be gone now. Weird.

Want to come out and watch some soccer tomorrow. Any local teams left to watch?

Luch

Jul 6, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yes, the scedule does keep changing although the official site doesn't reflect this :rolleyes:. Probably a better turnout if the public knew what was going on.

Sport

Even tougher trying to find results. Oh well. Yes Franks was huge for Bby today... heard one of the Italian strikers on my way by the bench post match complaining about the portiere.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Any idea who is who in these games?
MEN'S DIVISION II OPEN
046 - SEMI FINALS, 8 am - 9:30 am
045 - SEMI FINALS, 8 am - 9:30 am

MEN'S DIVISION I OPEN
018 - SEMI FINALS, 10 am - 11:30 am
017 - SEMI FINALS, 10 am - 11:30 am

Deuce

Sep 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Who is playing in the Bronze medal Masters game, Deucy? :D

Thankyou Sir M I will advise for the O-35's.

Bronze medal CS!!!..Your awfully cheeky.....

0-35's:
Van Fire vs Surrey Fire. Went to Pk's and Surrey fire won.
Delta/Richmond Fire won 1-0 over Nor Cal

FINAL WILL BE :
1PM on New turf right in front of the beer garden. 2500 people capacity. I wonder if anyone will take Friday afternoon off for the beer garden?:confused::eek::confused:

DELTA/RICHMOND VS SURREY FIRE
Bronze medal game will be Van Fire vs Nor Cal Fire.
:D:D:D

Ballbaby

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
It's been a fantastic event and we have an opportunity to win a Gold. It seems fitting that 3 out of the final four teams come right here from the lower mainland. I am a huge advocate for the level we have here in the lower mainland.

It would be nice to play on the grass at Swangard but it it will also be nice to play right next to the beer garden.

Going to bed.

Tuna

Jul 4, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey Deucy,

Try staying on your two feet and you should do OK.

Best of luck to all of the lower mainlanders.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0