Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

WorldCup 2002 Qualifying

Status
Not open for further replies.

animal

Aug 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Barnby's Crap

GAFFA,

I totally agree with you on the Barnby issue, I didn't put him in my list as after his last games with England I expected it. One game it took about six of us forty mins. to realise who the 11th player on the pitch was (Barnby). That is a total disgrace and he shouldn't even be on the squad never mind start. Martin also played very well, he is a very solid keeper.

Belfast Cowboy,

How can you say scholes shouldn't be there, I'm supprised you didn't say the same about Becks you United hateing B*****d.
Scholes played terrible today but has played very well for England, he deserves his spot in the squad.

sensei_hanson

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
World Cup playoff matches....

Some interesting matches here...you'd have to fancy Ireland's chances of getting through by facing the #3 Asian qualifier. Ukraine-Germany should be a battle.

Play-off draw (winners go to finals):

Play-offs in Europe

Belgium v Czech Republic

Ukraine v Germany

Austria/Israel v Turkey

Slovenia v Romania

The first-named team will play the first leg at home.

Dates: First leg: 10/11 November 2001, second leg: 14 November 2001

Play-offs UEFA/Asia

Republic of Ireland v 3rd placed AFC

Dates: First leg: 10 November 2001, second leg: 15 November 2001

Play-offs South America/Oceania

Australia v 5th placed South America

Dates: to be determined.

Aug 12, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Animal

Animal,u liverpool hating twat, scholes hasn't had a good game since last year, he is relying on his club, not what he can offer to england,it is time to beckam back into the middle of the pitch,instead of the outside, becks is alot better in midle than outside, england better wake up. Scholes is having trouble, i know u will say its only one match , but when it comes to international football , u only get one match and if u don't win it can cost u a chance to make the world cup, england where lucky not to playing a playoff match, they where in a much easier group, the only other team that could of threaten them where the crouts.

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I should be the last to point out spelling errors, but . . .

Surely you mean the "krauts".

CDK

Jul 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Nice try, Keep....

Here's what's wrong with your joke....

WC'98 Quarterfinal result;

Croatia : 3
Suasage fanciers : 0

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
And here's what's wrong with yours . . .

That was almost four years ago. Now the Croats would win by far more.

CDK

Jul 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
You're wrong again

We couldn't beat Scotland for fcuks sake...

I suppose we'll just have to improve for the WC finals next year in Japan.:rolleyes:

The Apprentice

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
cdk's opinion

Since you regularly appeared in the i-tal threads and half of the lower mainlands italian population wants you dead, give me an honest opinion on how you think Italy will do in the WC.

Apprentice

CDK

Jul 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Quarterfianlists

They will make into the quartefinals where they will run into a hot Croatia side lead by Davor Suker who found his scoring touch again. A side that just took the piss out of England in the previous game.

Suker will score two goals, well three but the shite ref will rule one offside even though it wasn't offside. The I-Ties will get one back on a penalty shot which was created by the greatest diving poof of all time, Inzagi(sp).

After the match the Italian media will be marveled by how the much more technicaly skilled and creative Croats dominated their own beloved Azzurri and that changes in Italian youth soccer will be needed in order for Italy to be able to compete at the same level as the Croats in future competitions...

Clubs such as Italian giants AC Milan, Inter, Juve and Chievo will be raiding Croat Clubs such as Osijek and Varteks looking for talented young players they can't find at home...

Apprentice,

Do you want to know how I think the Croats will finish in WC2002?

The Apprentice

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
very interesting

Clearly I am not amazed or surprised with you biased opinion. Filipo Inzagi is a disgrace to Italian soccer. He is such a panzy, he 's been offered a spot on the Ital diving team.

Croatia will beat favored France in the quarterfinal and move on to face Italy who just humiliated Korea 4-0. It will be a back and forth battle ith the Azzuri holding most of the play. Italy's 12 shots in the first half symbolized the way the game went. Buffon will get a cramp from the lack of movement in the Italian net.

60th minute and Alex will pop in a 35 yard bender after a viscious tackle by Jarni, who was shown the yellow. Croatia will put on the pressure but solid defending by the two best defenders in the world, Maldini and Nesta plus a spectacular save on Suker by Buffon will preserve the 1-0 scoreline.

After the game the lone croatian journalist will question his teams heart and hope more croatian youths will go to play in the serie A
with giant clubs such as chievo.

The Apprentice

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
CDK,
You like that more un-biased report..I tried to be fair not letting my heritage get in the way of a accurate prediction.:eek:

what do you think ?

5bigtoes

Jul 21, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Brazil

I heard the Brazilian team lost today.

Are they out or can they qualify through the back door?

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
nope

5BT,

3-1 they lost to Bolivia.

Brazil, who can still guarantee their place by beating Venezuela on November 14, stayed fourth in the South American qualifying group with 27 points, one ahead of fifth-placed Uruguay.[/b]

~TB.

Fastshow

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
oh yes....

I take great pleasure in knowing that even the TTP Grand Wizard himself doesn't know how his site's formatting works. Hallelujah.

Almost as much pleasure as I derive form knowing Brazil are mince.

/b~c/insert/colour/****ing pink}*&u/

dazza

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
As I said before, I can't wait for this

King close to seizing Sol's crown
By Rob Draper

Of all the ironies football has to offer, none would be quite so sweet for Tottenham fans as to see their own Ledley King one day supplant Sol Campbell in the England team.

It may seem an outlandish proposition but there is growing opinion that King will make Sven Goran Eriksson's final squad for the World Cup finals.

King's case was strengthened on Friday night in the England Under-21 side's 2-2 draw with Holland but what better way to endorse his credentials than against Arsenal next Saturday in the north London derby at White Hart Lane?

David Pleat, Tottenham's director of football, said: 'When Sol left Spurs there were a lot people who thought: "The King is dead but long live the King!"

'Of course, the dream was to have them play alongside each other but we're very pleased with Ledley's progress. I think he can come through and make the England squad, and that thought is in his head. He hears what is being said.'

Tottenham manager Glenn Hoddle believes King's form may even have helped Campbell, by dampening the vitriolic reaction he is expected to receive on his return to White Hart Lane.

Hoddle said: 'Ledley's emergence has done more to stop the anti-Sol campaign than anything else. Sol left and he was within his right to go. The campaign against him had got out of hand.

I think there's a good chance Ledley could make the full England squad before the summer. If he has a fault, it's that he's a bit quiet on the field. He needs to talk and take a lead a bit more. But he has the qualities required.'

England U-21 coach David Platt has singled out King as one of a clutch of contenders who could push for the senior squad, but the player was not ready to articulate such thoughts after Friday's European championship qualifier against Holland.

At times King looked sublime but he was partially at fault for Holland's first goal and, like his team-mates, had to cling on to his confidence during a shaky first half when England looked like being over-run.

Next week's club clash with Arsenal will invite the closest comparisons to Campbell yet. 'There's no bigger game for us and it will be great to play against Sol,' said King, who, as Hoddle indicates, speaks softly and chooses words carefully.

'Sol helped me a lot. I was a young player in his position at Tottenham and he would tell me those little things to help my game that you later realise turn out to be big things. It would have been nice to play alongside him. But if he hadn't gone, I maybe wouldn't have played so much at the back.'

King played in central midfield and left-back for George Graham at Tottenham but it was only with Campbell's departure that he made his favoured central defensive position his own, even if he says he does not yet consider himself a first-team regular.

Neither England's first-choice defence of Rio Ferdinand and Campbell, nor their understudies, have yet to convince under Eriksson, meaning King has a greater chance of making a breakthrough into the senior squad than some of his more attack-minded contemporaries.

Pleat said: 'I think it's possible to come through in defence for England. It's harder in attack. Look at Kevin Phillips - he hasn't been able to get in until now and look at his scoring record. In defence there are one or two places up for grabs but this game can be cruel as well. At the beginning of the year you would have said Gareth Barry looked odds-on for the team but now he's out of the Aston Villa first team and it's hard for him.'

Indeed, Barry could not even make the Under-21 starting line up on Friday, kept out by King.

'You only get one or two who can bypass reserve team football and go straight to the first team but everyone here felt Ledley was one,' added Pleat. 'Everyone was sure we had a future England player in our ranks.'

First, King must negotiate Tuesday night's return leg against Holland at Derby's Pride Park. But it would not be a seismic shock were he to end up playing in the summer's premier championship rather than the Under-21 European version.

Daz
:D

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
For CD.....

South Korea 2 Croatia 0 - international friendly result

SEOUL, 10 Nov (Reuters) - South Korea 2 Croatia 0 - result

International friendly

Scorers: Tai-uk Choi 64, Nam-il Kim 67

Attendance: 64,327; Attendance: 0-0

:p

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Good start.......

I think Ireland's win today should see them through. They can go into Iran and play for a draw. They are good at that. Ask the Dutch and the Portuguese. :)

Captain

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0