Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Y-league try outs

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Masry I sence bit of upset in your post. Yes you are right Frank Caicca is a good coach. Also a good cop. We know him well. You got it wrong about wins. What I was pointing at is, winning at all coasts. Just like select programs. They take tree kids out of district and three kids in district miss development. Take a young side in one of the clubs and bring them up from bronze to gold level. Teach them how to be soccer players. The boys that you have belong to their soccer school developers and always will.
As far as Prospects and Residency kids parents pay lots of money to try to bring the kids to that level. The problem lise in upper soccer. We only have three sides in this Country for kids to go play in. And most of them can not even make forty grand a year to support them selves. Gear your kids for scoalar ships and Universities using soccer as a free schooling. And than if they have it they can go on. Far tomany young guys end up with nothing to turn to at age of twenty seve.

bettermirror

Sep 19, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Not sure anyone in this discussion said they try to win at all costs. Now, let's be fair to coaches - there are a lot of glory-seeking players as well.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bettermirror I do agree with you. Using mirrow brings bit more fun. I am glad you use that name. One can run but can not hide with the spy in the sky.
Masry is a posative guy that thinks he can change the World. I am the guy that thinks Palastin has to be free very soon or war will start again.
Residency kids are already playing at max capacity. I truly hope they can lift it to next level. Five should be on Cap side this year in orther for kids to have a spot in USL next year. No hope for MLS. Maybe one only.

bettermirror

Sep 19, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
My name is not some philosophical turn of wit. It's simply Better Man and Rearviewmirror combined - Pearl Jam songs.

Nice if I could claim it was some sort of intellectually driven name though!

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
No Masry I am only reading your posts. Have to laugh when I read some of it. You know darn well it all about making few backs and finding a place for few youngsters to play.
It is not you. It is our leaders that do not want to change. We have hudreds of kids playing. The trouble is when they finish select program they have got no place to go.
You can coach tll cowes come home un less we get five more USL sides in this country, Americans will have MLS jobs. Only few Canadians will get the jobs at that level.
As I said to you. Go down to grass rutes and help kids be good people and help them move forward. Who cares about Americans. They are no use to you and me. I would like to see more Canadians on USL side and NASL. It is not possible due to our leaders turning backs to Canadian kids.

bettermirror

Sep 19, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
The past 2 weekends Chilliwack FC held u21 and "Academy" (u19) tryouts. The only players who came out were from Chilliwack and Abbotsford. There is no similar program that I can find in Langley or Surrey. The games program for the Academy team is impressive (3 American tournaments and loads of exhibition games) yet only local kids came out.

If kids REALLY want to play they'll make that effort. Clubs will also create these teams as well for the players to join.

That being said - only 1 u16 boy from Chwk/Abby tried out. Just 1. I accepted him (useful player, but not even the best from his u16 team) in the hopes that others in the future will tryout - CFC has a decent base of u14 players that could make the jump come u16/u17 - but players won't try if they don't see any hope in selection.

Most players in the program are former/current SYL/metro players, so the standard is high as well...people need things on platters these days.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bettermirror that's nice to hear that only guys from you area and Langlety came out.The more tournaments guys go the better. Friendley games against reserve sides from PSC is also a good level for your guys to play friendlies.White Cap residency side is always looking for games. Give Collin a call. You might have a guy or two that he is looking for.

Masry

Dec 15, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Mr.Base, since Colin is the Interim Coach, who do you think will be the new Residency Head Coach?

bettermirror

Sep 19, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thanks Base - no one from Langley came out - unfortunately. The gold u18 team had some very useful players, so obviously their metro team would too. What is PSC? Our academy should not be far behind our u21 first team, so I have considered trying to get games against other u21 sides as well. We'd not give the residency a good game! Not nearly athletic enough as a whole.

Masry - they'll look for a coach who is going to preach the same tactics as Teitur. Miller fits that bill....but no clue who will take the residency position full-time.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
I am not sure but guy like Dasovic or Mitchell should be given a chance at the jobs. But five year contract. Mitchell knows what is needed. He was there first hand. They might bring in a Europian. I think Dale would do wonderfull job. It is an old boys club. Job will be given to a capable friend. Some how I think Marty Nash might be the guy. His playing years are gone by. He is a good guy. He did a good job with North Van premier side. Before he came North Van premier could not win a game for the life of them. Colin has a friend and a cocoach for years he might get the job.

Masry

Dec 15, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
I am not sure but guy like Dasovic or Mitchell should be given a chance at the jobs. But five year contract. Mitchell knows what is needed. He was there first hand. They might bring in a Europian. I think Dale would do wonderfull job. It is an old boys club. Job will be given to a capable friend. Some how I think Marty Nash might be the guy. His playing years are gone by. He is a good guy. He did a good job with North Van premier side. Before he came North Van premier could not win a game for the life of them. Colin has a friend and a cocoach for years he might get the job.

I still think you are missing one person who could be the biggest addition in Tony Fonseca. I think he could do a really well with that job. I can bet a lot of other people would want to see him there as well.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Tony Fonseca is second in comand for our Canadian National team. Sure he could do the job.I do not think he will do that. If Caps want him as a head coach of MSL side and give him a five year contract I could see it. Your head coach on your U16 side would love that. He and Tony are friends he would be a keeper coach. Vike has done a good job with kick and run soccer, I think Bob will keap him up as a head coach. You could see him even as our National coach with men in what ever level coach is needed. My got fealing Dasovic might be given a coaching job. He has done well with our National U20 team. Better then any other coach. Also he has done a good job with TFC,Bob knows Nick well. Nick would love to move back here to spend more time with his kids and his wife. MLS is a big thing for Bob. He has turned his back to Canadians. He knows that it is all about winning at that level. I am sure he will get the best guy possible for that job. One more guy. Gordy Chin is also a guy that needs a job.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Masry did you see the scores in Dalas cup. Residency 0 four. And some scores at that level were very high. It only tells you one thing. They have to move to Europe and go to English school. That way they could play way higher level as friendly games.
You can only develop with best. No PDL or VMS will develop higher levels. Those leagues are just for Reck soccer.

bettermirror

Sep 19, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Why are you picking on Masry?

English soccer academy's are not necessarily the answer. Look at David Edgar - Newcastle lad, has barely scratched the surface and can't hardly get on the pitch for Canada.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0