Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Y-league try outs

Masry

Dec 15, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
I haven't heard of any intentions for making a Super 20 team but I believe it would be a great idea. In order to go through tho, the rest of the league has to be formed with teams as well. There is no Pacific NorthWest division so that has to be made up. I'm not sure if theres enough players to make up that leaguein this area.

bettermirror

Sep 19, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
I imagine Mountain, Abby, Metro-Ford, and Victoria would all be able to create Super 20 teams. Additionally the article on Super Y League web site talks about putting teams back in Washington. I have no doubt the Okangan would jump on that too. Surrey and Coastal....who knows.

I also think it would be great to add that division.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
That is the way Masry. Now you are talking. Forget US sides. Stick to Canadian soccer. Bring them over in a Tournament form twice a year to check the level of your sides.
As long as we are as good as they are there is no need to go acrooss. Both us an US can cross over for a tournament.

4thplacetrophy

Mar 3, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
That is the way Masry. Now you are talking. Forget US sides. Stick to Canadian soccer. Bring them over in a Tournament form twice a year to check the level of your sides.
As long as we are as good as they are there is no need to go acrooss. Both us an US can cross over for a tournament.

where did he say anything about not having us sides? personally as i already said i think the northwest divison should be how it once was. Just 4 canadian teams, and then have 4 washington sides and 2 oregan sides. costs more but the level will increase and no matter what you try and pick arguement from this base, the only way good players are gonna improve is to play against the very best players they can. weather or not you agree their isn't ENOUGH good players in the metro levels over here for winter soccer. Y-league imo was and still in some ways is a good way of breaking up the better metro players from some of the weaker ones, and also gives players a chance to play against good players from america.

bettermirror

Sep 19, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Agree with fully with MB10. I also wish to ask, where did Masry say no to US teams? Just said not enough talent potentially for teams here.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Missionblues10 the onley way good player will improve is to be coached by Pro coaches.
IF he or she is to play in US or any where else is not going to change a thing, with out Pro coaches . I say stay in Canada form 8 good sides. Bring in 8 coaches for three year program and you will see what we have. You must start with youth no later then U15, to be able to corect their inabilities. I do not disagree with American teams. But due to the costs I think it is better to spend the money on good coaches.
If you played against PDL or USL or MLS you know that the game is all about strength on the ball ,in defensive marking in quick switch overs and in up and down as a 11 man unit.
Here we have three teams on the pitch that forget to do the other tasks. Most of all mobility is lacking in many players. That part has to be changed.

4thplacetrophy

Mar 3, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Missionblues10 the onley way good player will improve is to be coached by Pro coaches.
IF he or she is to play in US or any where else is not going to change a thing, with out Pro coaches . I say stay in Canada form 8 good sides. Bring in 8 coaches for three year program and you will see what we have. You must start with youth no later then U15, to be able to corect their inabilities. I do not disagree with American teams. But due to the costs I think it is better to spend the money on good coaches.
If you played against PDL or USL or MLS you know that the game is all about strength on the ball ,in defensive marking in quick switch overs and in up and down as a 11 man unit.
Here we have three teams on the pitch that forget to do the other tasks. Most of all mobility is lacking in many players. That part has to be changed.

kids will get disinterested playign the same 7 teams over and over again. a coach can only go so far with each player and not every player suites a coaches style. personally for me i have played under many coaches in england and over here (professional included, s****horpe united for 4 years when i was younger) but i learnt the most from colin miller. Kids need that mix of competition and learning basis. ya know like take away competition from the sport you take out fun. The y-league is a perfect mix for that there's a florida carrot at the end so the competition is high thru and thru. Don't give someone a goal you won't get results. The reason why playing in europe for clubs with no competitions is because your involved in a club theres something at the end of it all. Doing what you say 8 teams for 3 years is only 3 years with nothing at the end. at least y-league gives you a chance to play infront of european clubs and american college scouts and if you don't make it you still had some great memories of playing at a high level.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Missionblue 10 You can always go to that tournament. I like your in put. I do not disrespect Miller. All I am saying is this. Mitchell,Miller,Fonseca,Dasovic,and few others should coach at that level. In orther for our kids to be top players we must reverse out coaching. Coaching has to be better. All of those guys went through the cranch and know what it takes. I would even go to Alberta. We must have a bigger number of better players. Calgary is only nine hours drive. Edmonton the same plus 6 sides in BC.
We have to inprove the talent pool. Localy we need more from our players. Lots of them are missing the point. As far as US school scouts, they will come anywhere for a good player. Just send the a tape and they will see you. They have many local guys looking for them.

4thplacetrophy

Mar 3, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
and i have to agree with that, involve alberta too. But you can't just hate on america when realistically they have some good set ups down there with good coaches. Canada and the states are both still in building stages of the development (it will never be europe but its getting much better than it was say even 10 years ago) so why not help each other out. helping an american kid should be just as much a reward as helping a canadian. Both countries have great coaches, like look at ian knight for example was the youth team coach of grimsby town. I can say in full confidence i bet bettermirror learnt a hell of alot from him and will pass that onto other kids in the future so the coaching is getting better and always will but in all honesty keeping that within a little 8 team region will only develop kids so far, you need to broaden horizons. So the idea of alberta would be great but i may be wrong but isn't there or at least i believe there was a conference which included alberta teams in the y-league correct? Mrbase you should check out the super y-league website you will be suprised how many regions boys and girls there are. truthfully i believe it too be one of the most prestige soccer competitions in the world, as there a few players that go onto play pro in other countries as masry noted earlier. Anyways im kinda lost with what i was saying its late so forgive me if i condradict or have terrible spelling.

bettermirror

Sep 19, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Base - I actually agree with you. The best coaches should be coaching the younger kids, and then provide significant guidance to the coaches of the older boys.

Alberta can not join SYL because the Alberta Soccer Association will not approve the league - God only knows why. Now with Edmonton joining NASL, I imagine that will be even less likely to occur.

What could happen is that BC SYL teams play an "exhibition series" with Alberta's top youth teams.

MB10 - certainly, Ian Knight has taught me loads. I've observed most of the top coaches around - he appears to be the sharpest, in my opinion.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bettermirror Alberta can not controll the players choyse of play. They can only do it in Alberta youth program. Alberta has nothing to do with SYL. Players can get sports insurance any where for a team. Lots of folks are miss led due to their controll. With our SYL and PCSL Provincial programs we will have no players able to play in the upper club.
BC and Alberta would be a huge boost to upper level player pool.

Masry

Dec 15, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
I don't think that would ever happen. Is a player going to drive all the way from Alberta just to train? Or as a coach are you going to allow them to not show up to your trainings and show up to just your games?

By the way, great points MB10. Totally agree.

bettermirror

Sep 19, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bettermirror Alberta can not controll the players choyse of play. They can only do it in Alberta youth program. Alberta has nothing to do with SYL. Players can get sports insurance any where for a team. Lots of folks are miss led due to their controll. With our SYL and PCSL Provincial programs we will have no players able to play in the upper club.
BC and Alberta would be a huge boost to upper level player pool.

The Alberta Soccer Association, just like the BCSA, has the power to approve or deny any clubs enrollment - effectively denying sanctioning for Alberta clubs to join SYL.

If ASA does not approve SYL, the CSA will not go behind or over ASA, and provide insurance.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Masry you are missing the point. Alberta Boys train in Alberta and play on Alberta sides.
Every third week clubs get together for a Tournament play. Keap the points to see whitch two sides go to US Tournament at the end of it all. Six sides in BC play and train with their clubs. Pro coaches would be in charge. Asst to be club coaches that way it becomes a learning curve. Just to let you know BC Soccer went to court due to not letting player to be able to play. BC Soccer last. Just remember,rulling will be always on a youth development. This is nothing to do with NASL or CSA. This is about fielding better Canadian sides at the end of youth development. Up front no BS.

4thplacetrophy

Mar 3, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Masry you are missing the point. Alberta Boys train in Alberta and play on Alberta sides.
Every third week clubs get together for a Tournament play. Keap the points to see whitch two sides go to US Tournament at the end of it all. Six sides in BC play and train with their clubs. Pro coaches would be in charge. Asst to be club coaches that way it becomes a learning curve. Just to let you know BC Soccer went to court due to not letting player to be able to play. BC Soccer last. Just remember,rulling will be always on a youth development. This is nothing to do with NASL or CSA. This is about fielding better Canadian sides at the end of youth development. Up front no BS.

i like what your saying about developing better canadian sides, but in all honesty mr base your missing the key point. Not everything is about coaching, you need to be able to put what your taught into games, i know many players that are crazy in practice and terrible in games. So my point is playing us teams on a constent basis is helping both american and canadian kids. Because realistically no matter what you say players only improve playing against better players and different styled teams/players, which the y-league offers. Mr base your intentions are good and i agree with some points, and i jsut get the feeling you don't liek the states and don't wanna see them improve. i personally as an english person think its great how this sport is spreading along north america and i truely believe the y-league brought both great competition and the fun side of the sport here. Anyways i feel as though i'm repeating myself, i don't play y-league anymore, i don't coach so my input realy doesn't matter all that much.

bettermirror

Sep 19, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
MB10, you are spot-on. Overall, BC SYL teams have to develop for the improvement of Canadian soccer...but realistically we need American competition to start to do that.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
I have nothing against the US and never will. They are tryiing to keap peace in the world yett they have the biggest crime ring in the world. As far as soccer. They are not better than us. You younger guys think they are. They are only stronger than you guys. Local guys do not work at all on the upper body strength. I see nothing wrong with going down for a Tournament or two a year. See the problem is they do not want to come up here. To them it is all about buisness at home. We have to work on Uniting our provinces and our cities. Forget them. As a Canadian I do not care if you were English or from tib back two. All I care is about maple leaf and our soccer and our kids.
I wishh all of you younger guys would spend more time on developing kids across this Provice and across Alberta and Saskatchewan. That would fit the western mold of Canada. SYL is good and there are some good layers. The kids only lack developers. Hat is the only reason we are not at the same level as us.

bettermirror

Sep 19, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Base - I would LOVE to develop kids across the province and prairies. Got a program willing to hire me?

Masry and myself are young guys, trying to help these kids reach the next level with or without the U.S.A. It seems we both agree, we need the Americans as a measuring stick, if nothing else. I think you would also find, all we care about is improving the Canadian game - not holding players back, but trying to move kids on to bigger and better.

My academy team's motto is "Don't hide ambition." The team is meant to be a spring board. As a result we are trying to play teams from the Okanagan to the Island, and as far south as Portland over the summer. It's about reaching for more. Closing the borders will only hinder that.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0