Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Y-league try outs

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Newcastle is not what it used to be. In England they buy players from all over the place. Most of the kids in Residencey have speed have pace and can attack. In close skill and mental quickness or mental colm is lacking in the defending, that takes kids out of spots in a higher level. It is all about defending first and ball posetion and than attack colectivley. Here that does not exist. Boys are flying all over the place. Every third ball is turned over. against top clubs that alone will kill you.

bettermirror

Sep 19, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Base - what are you talking about? On one hand you say the kids should be trained in England. Then you say England is not what it used to be and that "it's all about defending." David Edgar is a defender, trained in a top English club - forget they were relegated.

Colour me confused by what you are getting at.

4thplacetrophy

Mar 3, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Base - what are you talking about? On one hand you say the kids should be trained in England. Then you say England is not what it used to be and that "it's all about defending." David Edgar is a defender, trained in a top English club - forget they were relegated.

Colour me confused by what you are getting at.

your not the only one. don't worry though, every thread he does the same thing. He has no idea what he is talking about hence why he coaches a mid pack fv div 3 team, and you and masry are coaching at a way higher level.

bettermirror

Sep 19, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey Mb10 - you played with any of the Mission guys like Cory Owens or Robby any of these past few years? I played 1 season with them about 10 years ago....loads of fun that year. I quit a year later for many various reasons.

Thanks for the tip re: MR. BASE!

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bettermirror again you got it wrong. I said England buys players all over the place. English kids have a tough time getting to the top.

bettermirror

Sep 19, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
"Again"? What else did I "get wrong"? Yes, you said English clubs buy players from everywhere. But your above posts were contradictory.

Mr. Base - I can't follow your posts...we'll just end that talk here and go back to Super Y League discussion!

Masry

Dec 15, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
In Super Y League Discussions...

I have heard there have been some certain clubs that are not able to field teams in certain age groups. What do you guys think the reasons for this are and how if we can do something to improve this?

4thplacetrophy

Mar 3, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hey Mb10 - you played with any of the Mission guys like Cory Owens or Robby any of these past few years? I played 1 season with them about 10 years ago....loads of fun that year. I quit a year later for many various reasons.

Thanks for the tip re: MR. BASE!

ummm if you mean robby maderios then yes, he played with our team when we was in division 2 for a couple of games that we were short guys. But i don't know cory owens unless he goes by something else, i'm only 20 though so in 10 years alot changes right? I used to play with adam wilson if he is playing on your chilliwack team back in my abbotsford days.

bettermirror

Sep 19, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
In Super Y League Discussions...

I have heard there have been some certain clubs that are not able to field teams in certain age groups. What do you guys think the reasons for this are and how if we can do something to improve this?

Well, you'll recall Coastal did not have a u15 SYL team (shocking! No sarcasm). I don't know the reason. Typically kids in that area have parents who can afford it, so I'd not suggest it's the cost? I was told they had very low numbers at tryouts (maybe 12-13?). Reason for low numbers? Don't know. Not sure if the players moved over to Surrey or Mountain, or even Metro-Ford? They did not come to Abbotsford, for sure.

Maybe it was the coaching? Maybe didn't want to spend all that money to have no chance at Florida - they didn't compete well at u14, in 2008. Same reason the American teams pulled out.

In the Fraser Valley, Chilliwack kids don't generally go out for 2 reasons - cost and time commitment. They want their summers! For example, my u14 Gold team this year easily had 7-8 SYL level players - but only 4 or so went out, for the two reasons I noted above.

bettermirror

Sep 19, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
ummm if you mean robby maderios then yes, he played with our team when we was in division 2 for a couple of games that we were short guys. But i don't know cory owens unless he goes by something else, i'm only 20 though so in 10 years alot changes right? I used to play with adam wilson if he is playing on your chilliwack team back in my abbotsford days.

Ya, Robby M. Good guy. Cory may have moved on - I know he had other interests. Anyway, I hadn't realized you were such a young pup! Cheers.

Ya, Adam is on the u21 PCSL team this year. Should be his last year on the team. Good guy, but he isn't on my team. I am the u19 coach. Although, he could get dropped if he doesn't perform!

We're always looking for good players, always. 35 strong players have signed up, and we'd probably go up to 40. So if you know any!...cost is only $350.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Masrey you did not get back to me as far as the residency go in their big tournamernt. Masrey they are no better than a good PCSL side. I did see them play main club. Just running hare not holding their spot. There was gaps all over the pitch. That is why i said to you before that the size is a big factor. Teams from other big clubs, nuber one have size,have speed can play one tatch ball standing still can move as a circle can move as a moving boxes or tri angles or can attack solo. Most of the kids here do not even know what that is. We have tuns of good players we just need a big picture league. Forget VMSL FVSl RCSL BSl. Guys should move up at U17 forget going up after U18. It is tolate to corect the mistakes guys make. Most of them are way to weak on a ball and hold on to it far to long. You are going to coach select kids I did it for ten years. Just remeber if you only think about winning half of them or more will just chase at higher pace and that is all. Develop and take the kids to US tournaments in the summer to expose the weak points. Than kids can be corrected.

bettermirror

Sep 19, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
In all of that post by Mr. Base I did find one very coherent though.

Kids do need to move up to u21 or Men's by u17 - those programs can then use the left over u18 players on an as-needed basis.

I'd love a load of u16 players on my u19 team this summer - and we ARE going to 3 American tournaments, plus exhibition v. a wide variety of teams.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
The only way for kids to move forward is to step in to next level. In so called next level kids would wake up and try way harder. Lots of them lose drive in U17 and 18 for lack of chalange and also so many dam levels. Bronze silver 1,2,3 than gold 1,2 and than selects. Just look at it and you will see total class system hiden under so called levels.
Youth needs a posative push forward and soccer localy will gro way more. Local parents do not know what level their child is till they go to US Tournaments or Robby Cup in Ontario.

bettermirror

Sep 19, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Again, yes, the kids need to move out of youth soccer ASAP. If, say, you dominate u16 - it's time to try u21 or men's. So many times here in BC (Canada-wide?) kids are kept at metro levels because they dominate - because clubs want coastal cups. BUT, then the kid's level gets stunted and he should be pushed into a men's division, or higher age group.

4thplacetrophy

Mar 3, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Again, yes, the kids need to move out of youth soccer ASAP. If, say, you dominate u16 - it's time to try u21 or men's. So many times here in BC (Canada-wide?) kids are kept at metro levels because they dominate - because clubs want coastal cups. BUT, then the kid's level gets stunted and he should be pushed into a men's division, or higher age group.

whitecaps is very good for this, look at the whitecaps prospects in in division 1 of the fvsl, and their residency is a u19 team playing in a mens league. Mr base i don't think you realise that not every kid wants too improve, when i was younger yes but eventually i got too a certain age and didn't care so much and just wanted to play for fun. And for being a coach i could see you as the kind that would try pressuring kids too improve, and that is the best way too make someone disinterested.

bettermirror

Sep 19, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
It's a fine balance between fun and urging to develop. Tonight for instance, the older kids were having loads of fun and played really relaxed, thus really strong. The younger kids were so intense that they stank! As a coach, it's important to find that balance MB10 was mentioning.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
When it comes to upper levels presure is there you like it or not. It is only guy that can think under presure that do make it. Mistakes are caustley. As far as lower levels who cares. They just play for fun drink beer and smoke weed. Not all of us are in to that.
As far as I go I try to improve every guy on my side. Some will learn way more some less.
As a youth coach it is about development. But most of the local guys that coach want kids to boot it and try to win at all causts. I teach them how to train where to be and why and work on their skill level. In three years they will be the best if they put in. Some just do not have the hart. There is always other sports that they can try.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
I watch you 16 boys try out last week. There was few good players. Not to many. Most of thame hate to go up and down to do the work in both ends. Tall lad from Burnaby selects has what it takes to play the game. Looks like a lad from down south.
Olso a Polish lad from Metro Ford side. Strong guys with god vision. And a lad that was hurt last year good skill in tight. Also boys in the yellow bibs nuber 10,11, red bib nuber 8 very strong guy in the midle. Rest of the guys have to work way harder in both ends of the field. Burnaby striker plays well when he has the ball but tates like hell to do any defencive work. Not good enough at that level. Nuber six in a yellow bib by far the best player.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0