Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2002 PCSL Results and match reports.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
This is TTP remember? You need to be on your toes with all you sharp I-Ties running around. :rolleyes: If it's The Apprentice he's had his shot and stitched us.

Tell your buddy we train Thursday at 7 and play Vancouver on Sunday.

Mr. Gelati

Jun 5, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thats the Punk

It is the Apprentice, I figured he wouldlnt play in Surrey....If he was more committed and actually trained he would be a great player but he fits in perectly with all the rest of the bums in the ital league...Actually, I dont play so i guess I am not one to carve.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Surrey United 3 Vancouver Explorer 5

Shoot out at the OK Cloverdale. :rolleyes: 2-2 at half. With both teams scoring on their only 2 real chances. Defence was very lax in this game to say the least. We went down to 10 men after 40mins and I think if we stayed at full strength we could have and should have won this one. Surrey had most of the possession in the attacking half in the first. The Explorers did well to keep possession for most of the second, and scored some nice goals. I can't honestly recall a crappy one. Our 3rd was against the run of play.....

1-5 to start the season isn't exactly the way I envisioned it, but we've played some good stuff at times and I think if we can just put together a few wins we could get on a good roll.

Until then..... Dogs breakfast.

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Fcuk!!!

Was that Elvis out there or was it Rivaldo rolling around as if he'd been shot??? Maybe he does work at the Kwickymart in Dullsville, PA.:rolleyes:

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
What? I was there and have absolutely no idea what your on about. Care to elaborate so the rest of us can follow.

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sausage

He gets into a 50/50 with the A.G. (AKA, Schaefer) and A.G. finishes on top of him... wait a minute, here it comes... AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!! FCCCCUUUKKKK!!!!!!!!!:rolleyes:
He punched me!!!:rolleyes: Elvis is lucky A.G. only landed on him and didn't acually land one on him!!!

Guinnesslettingthedaftfutchmaninonwhathappenedinthematch

J_B

Jul 22, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Rambling bafoon

Hey guinness,

WTF are you going on about? that sounds like a rough weekend you had, read that closely and think about what you type before hand:D

Cheers
JB

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Stop! I can see exactly where this will go.

As the story should go Elvis who plays for BBY Cnuts in the winter goes into a pretty bad tackle with our centre back. On the follow through our guy seems to have smacked Elvis in the mug. Elvis then lets out this girly shreeek and started rolling around like he just got shot in the arse. It could have something to do with his white boots.

The side show that followed was a bit over the top even though I thought I saw the smack. It happened pretty fast. The yellow should have been the extent of it for the tackle, but the ref thought he saw something else and showed the red which sent Schaefer on his way less than 40 in.

The Explorers are the worst team we've faced this season (excluding our five a sides at training :rolleyes: ) I look forward to laying the smack down on Penticton sometime soon. We are in some serious need of confidence.

Next up for Surrey is this weekends matches against Skagit away and then Home to Seattle the following day. God help us........

JB why don't you re-read it Putz. It does make sense the second time around or maybe It's just because I speak Slurreyese..... :rolleyes:

J_B

Jul 22, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
It makes sense now that you have put it that way it just didn't sound right the first way. I know guinness probably got lazy.

Cheers
JB

action man

Apr 11, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
A little update from our camp - we took maximum points from our trip to Kelowna and Penticton this past weekend. We beat Okanagan 2-1 - we possessed for 80 of the 90 minutes and were deserving of the win, against Penticton we were horrible until the last 25 minutes, down 0-1 and then banged in three late to take the points. We improved our record to 4-1 - good enough for 6th place in the table???
We play Team BC on Thursday at TWU and then host Victoria on Sunday. Trying not to look past the BC game - we really want to revenge our earlier loss to Victoria.
Cheers

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
That's it salt the wound by posting your record.....

How is Villers playing for you guys? Any stand-out on the team thus far? How does Kelowna look? I don't believe I heard a word on them yet.

I can't believe you lost to Victoria. They're a shocking side with a worse back line. Yes I know they beat us, but they should never have beaten AIA.

action man

Apr 11, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Darren is playing well - I don't think he has scored yet, but he is an effective target. Tom Carson has been solid in the back. Our best player has been Cory Janzen - he is so smooth - one of the main reasons we lost to Victoria was that Cory was not there. I personally think Cory is one of the best players around here - but I am a little biased!
Kelowna is not good - they put 10 guys behind the ball and we knocked it around and made them chase it for most of the match. I think they have all local players and it shows, they used to always have a few players from the Vancouver area and they were the main players while the locals filled out the squad - now with only local players they will struggle. Aside from Penticton they are the worst team we have played.
Victoria has been our nemesis for the past couple of seasons - we beat them last year for the first time in a long time - maybe hearing Nick Gilbert whine for 90 min causes us to play poorly? Someone should give that guy a whistle and some cards and he can be an official and a player at the same time!
Cheers

sensei_hanson

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
sweeeeeeeet

Team BC 2
FV Action 0

Game report to be posted soon on the PCSL website. Action have a strong side, probably unlucky not to have scored tonight, so I'll be blunt - we got the breaks, they didn't. Heinhuis extremely unlucky to ring a great header off the crossbar.

But we'll take the result, especially against a good team. This also marks a win for me in my head coaching debut. Although Showtime had a bit to do with it as well. Actually, it had sweet fcuk all to do with the coaching - the kids played very well, and showed some bite for the first time this season. Very happy with the performance.

FWIW, I thought Tom Carson was the best player they had on the park tonight. Very skilled and extremely composed at the back.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sensei,

Is Adam Costly suiting up with you guys? How's he playing? He plays with us in the Knights league- probably the smartest 19 year old player I've seen in a long time.

sensei_hanson

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Adam played a few games with us but suffered a nasty concussion against Seattle and hasn't been in the lineup since. I also played with him at Langara last season and I do agree, he is a very talented player at 19. He can really match up physically which is uncommon in young players.

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Matches up well...

maybe with Ms. Piggy!!! The kid is tits on a nun... runs straight at guys with or without the ball:rolleyes: I've haven't seen that much arogance with such little talent in a long time!!!;)

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
So are you TTP or are did hit ;) by accident? Adam is a cracking player. He could easily play in the VMSL and not look out of place. He has great vision and is hard as nails or have you forgot about him running over Surrey United players at practise when he was 17?

:rolleyes: ;) :) :( :eek: :p :confused: :eek: :cool: :D Place where you feel necessary..... :rolleyes:

sensei_hanson

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Originally posted by knvb
Adam is a cracking player. He could easily play in the VMSL and not look out of place.

Shame you can't say much of the same about Guinness. Unless you replace "cracking" with "woefully slow" and "VMSL" with "Division One CAT". In which case you'd be spot on.

:rolleyes:,
-Sensei

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0