Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2002 PCSL Results and match reports.

cainy

Dec 24, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Oh yeah

" Cainy who the fcuk are you all of a sudden" I'm the unsilent majority Henrik
Ps can someone tell me how to use the quote thingy.:confused:

The Apprentice

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
KNVB

What the fcuk happened to you guys? Looked pretty good the first game...10-0 and second to last in the standings .....you guys need some more Itals!!!:rolleyes:

cainy

Dec 24, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
BZZZZZZZ

Judging by my personal messages I've stirred a hornets nest here. Listen I took Guinesses shot at Adam personaly, you see I know his dad Quite well, he is a member at my golf course, Ive also played with Adam, and have recently sellected him to play for the Fraser Valley allstar team. I watched the England/Brasil game with Guinness et al last week, and my dad and his will be playing together in the nations cup so relax. Unsilent majority out.

The Apprentice

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Cainy, who cares about Guinness, he is a knob...just like his buddy KNVB...keep on slagging him!!!!

yours in hating the two KNOBS
APPRENTICE, Surrey United Supporter;)

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Must be quite the hornet’s nest.

I thought his comments were a bit over the top, too. I’ve been playing with this kid this summer, and he’s quality. He is VERY easy to play with in the middle, but he’s also played a fair bit of wing for us- where he makes a lot happen- and last week played sweeper in a 2-1 win in the Knights league. For 19, he is way beyond his years maturity wise, and can match up physically too. Too bad for SFC- looks like he’ll be suiting up for SFU this winter.

Yeah- I thought it was funny Guinness had a run at him…but he did accompany it with some happy faces, I think…

What does Guinny have to say in all this?

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Guilty as well.

Back to PCSL game reports and such. Please. If you wish to discuss Guinness and his wild rants please start a new thread.

Thank you.

sensei_hanson

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Guinness

Guinness,

Guinness. Guinness guinness. Guinness, Rangers, daft, twat, :) :( :eek: :p , Guinness, slag, Surrey, :confused: :confused:, Guinness.

Guinness off. War Guinness.
-Sensiguinness

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Fcuk???

I didn't realise how popular I was!!!:rolleyes: Dude put it best,
Guinness had a run at him…but he did accompany it with some happy faces,
exactly!!! He is a quality player for a 19 year old... What's all the fuss about, all I was getting at is he is a kocie kid... Which he is:eek: It is not rocket science...
Cainy, nae worries you're just jealous the twilight of your career is upon you and I am still getting started!!!:p
Sensie, you got issues mate, unless of course you like a few pints of the great stout???:cool: sorry coach:rolleyes:
Apprentice, where the fcuk have you been??? I heard you got a wee chunger in the wop league a few weeks back and since have been seen stalking pig farmers in the hunt for a Croat TTPer!!!:p

Well rested, Guinness;)

cainy

Dec 24, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Twillight

I'm playing over thirties in the nations cup this year, should be fun less running and plenty of ice in the cooler for my aching knees;)

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Unpredictable

This season is shaping up to be very interesting... With the exception of Skagit, it seems any team can beat any team on any given day... The end of July will see at least 7 teams vieing for the top 3 spots... Although, I think Skagit will win, the other 6 teams will be battling tooth and nail!!!
Here's a look at some of this season's results:
Fraser Valley lose to Team BC one night and then beat Victoria within the same week, Seattle lose to Okanagan at home and then hammer New West, Vancouver get routed 6-0 by Seattle and beat Okanagan, Victoria hammer Team BC and then lose to Frasey Valley, Surrey get thumped by Skagit on Saturday and turn around on Sunday and beat Seattle!!!
This all seems strange compared to previous seasons... Seattle have won the League for at least 4 years on the trot and usually have it mathematically clinched by early-mid July!!! That does not seem to be the case this year...
As for the Kennedy Cup, the Top Canadian and US team qualify along with the host team and a representative from Oregon... It looks like Skagit and Seattle are garunteed because Seattle host, so the Canadian rep will be too close to call...
As for the Challenge Cup (I'm not too sure who is hosting it) so for now only the top 3 teams are in for sure... However, last season Surrey finished 5th and hosted the tourney... We eventually won it and this season is shaping up to be the same type of finish... whoever hosts/qualifies for the Challenge Cup will be in tight... I would have to go with Skagit, because of their skill and fitness (and the hammered us):rolleyes: , But you just never know??? It looks like it is taking the shape of this years wacky World Cup...:eek:

action man

Apr 11, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
down and up weekend

We played very poorly in Seattle on Saturday and lost to one of the weakest Seattle teams that I can remember. On Sunday we played better against Surrey and beat them 4-0 - but since this thing is pretty much me and a couple of Surrey lads - I'm sure you already knew that. One common feature of this past weekend's game was the shite pitches we played on. Seattle's pitch is impossible to get any traction on and the goalmouths are hard and astro turf - Surrey's field is not much better - there was a lot of sand and I guess the cows were not allowed in one penalty area because the grass was about knee high. Moving our home games to TWU has spoiled us.
Of our four goals - the first was the best - Cory Janzen hammered home a volley from about fifteen yards out - it was brilliant. It was good to see Tom Carson score his first of the season and Heinhuis came on in the second half and scored twice. I think he is going to be a very good player - a natural goal scorer. Villars was disappointed that we could not not tally against his winter mates - but I thought he played well.
We have a huge match on Thursday against Khalsa - we are sitting in 6th and they are in 5th. Should be a good game. 7:00 @ TWU.
Cheers

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Action guy ~ I don't think you guys played overly well, I think we just ran out of steam. Your 3 day a week trainings have paid off nicely. We simply fell apart in the second half. I will give you that Corey's goal was a cracker though. As far as Villers winter mates are concerned.... there was only 3 of us there and one was drinking beer on the sidelines.

Surrey United 4 - Unrucky Explorer 2

We came out flying tonight. We actually had all 19 guys show and what a difference it made. I think we scored 4 mins in a nice run by Ryan Dormer and a great assist from Knowone - Wilkshire. Explores struck back about 3 mins later on a miss communication between one of our backs and the keeper. After that we walked them. We simply sat back and absorbed what little pressure they had and struck well on the counter attacks.

The key for us tonight was that the guys really wanted the ball. They weren't willing to force it and give it away like we have all season. It was a very nice change. A solid well done to our young back line. Rene was the ref tonight and totally blew his lid at the Explorers coach, but still no cards were handed out. It was funny he was so mad that while he was yelling he went from English to what I think was Spanish mid way through. :D I said it before and I'll say it again.... He's by far the best ref out there right now.

Team BC at home again on Saturday and Kalsha on Sunday. Sensei I'll have a Zima on ice for ya. ;)

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sure, but we play on Saturday. Fcuk it. I'll just bring both.

Slightly confused, KNVB

action man

Apr 11, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
reply to surrey guy

Fair comment about not having your winter team - I said that we played better (not overly well) and that was compared to our game against Seattle in which we sucked. What's the deal with the 3 days a week training comment - our guys are just now learning each other's names. And with the PCSL schedule - its more like 3 games a week! Anyways, good result against the Explorers - well done!
Can't wait for tonights match against Khalsa!
Cheers
Rob

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
MLS scouting PCSL games
July 2, 2002 - It has been reported that Major League Soccer (the MLS) has been showing interest in PCSL players and that MLS scouts have been attending some PCSL games this season.
Has anyone heard of this yet? What games have they been to? My guess is the Skagit / Seattle matches. For the love of pete I hope they weren't at our 10 nill drubbing..... :eek:

From last night. I think It's Red face Fletcher. They guy gets a burn during an Eclipse. :rolleyes:

action man

Apr 11, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
5-bagel

we got embarrassed last night - the first half was actually evenly played - then they hit a free kick from about 25 yards out - then we pressured and they countered and scored and then we pressured and they countered and scored -- yada, yada, yada - the game ended 5-0. I'm not sure if there were any MLS scouts there, but FVSL scouts would not have been impressed with our performance.

sensei_hanson

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
BC U-18s 4
Surrey U 3

The Surrey representatives can go into detail about the officiating. All I can say, without ragging on the man in the middle, is that we were on the fortunate end of a lot of his "controversial" calls.

United probably deserved a better fate. They held leads of 2-0 and 3-2 but really died after going down a man. KNVB took numerous shots to the dome today, knocking his brain around like a widget in a can of Kilkenny. To his credit, he did set up the first United tally on a great through-ball, but then spent the rest of the match working on a severe concussion.

The number of goals in the game was matched only by the alarming number of people wearing Austin 3:16 tee-shirts with the sleeves cut off. Take a drive through Cloverdale and see how many you can find. Far more entertaining than that stupid license plate game.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0