Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2002 PCSL Results and match reports.

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Originally posted by sensei_hanson

Shame you can't say much of the same about Guinness. Unless you replace "cracking" with "woefully slow" and "VMSL" with "Division One CAT". In which case you'd be spot on.
-Sensei

I have never seen this side of Sensei.
I think I like it:p

HOSlikesSlagsonSlurry

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Maybe Sensei doesn't want to get put in the same "category" as Buckeepshow.... :D

HOSshutup....

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Senceless

What are you, 22/23??? You help coach kids a few years younger than you... Is it because your strange (in that way) or do you have a career ending injury??? I'm guessing it has something to do with your hands that are sponsored by lumberland and your chin that is sponsored by michelin:eek:

HOSlovesSurrey:p

J_B

Jul 22, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
skill to pass

Guinness,

when you have skills to pass on to others usually you want to share them, I am sure that Sensei wouldn't mind showing you a thing or two.

Sensei could you fit Guinness in your level one class, I heard he is a slow learner.

Cheers
JB

whohasgraduatedalreadythankstoSensei

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Graduate

Thanks for the info... It's a good job senseless has such a knob gobbler, (oops I mean loyal) friend such as yourself!!! next time I need to know about Sensei's off the pitch activities I'll call you...:rolleyes:

SurreysuckbutPentictonswallow!!!:eek:

action man

Apr 11, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
last night

we stunk last night and were punished. I won't make any excuses, we should have had the game put away before they scored. Franks played well in goal for them (what's his story - I thought he was playing in Scotland). We have Vic on Sunday -- dropping 3 points to BC makes the Vic game vital.
cheers

sensei_hanson

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm 22. You remember being 22, right? You were probably in the midst of your third shot at the 11th grade.

It was a career-ending injury that did it, by the way. I broke my leg in four places pushing an old lady out of traffic moments before she was hit by a car, a car which ended up fracturing my fibula and crushing my patella and tibia. I went through an extensive rehabilitation process, basically re-learned how to incorporate my entire left side in the walking process, with the vision of proudly coaching a soccer team as the inspiration to get me though each gruelling 5-hour electrolyte muscle stimulation session. This summer I was finally able to achieve my goal. Most people were very proud that I took on the position.

So thanks for asking about how I became a coach this summer. I love reminiscing about the painful trauma.

-Sensei.

PS-JB, you're the man.

action man

Apr 11, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
10-0!!???

Was it a TD and FG, they're Yanks so it could not have been 3 FG and an extra point? Was Stefan in goal?

We defeated Victoria 1-0 - it felt like we were playing South Korea - we put three balls in the back of the net and only got credited with one of them -- the ref booked everybody on their team, even the bus driver for his poor parking job. Our first called back goal was because he thought one of our guys dove, the other one was a dodgy offside call. Darren Villars scored his first of the season. It was good to see a lot of our young guys step up and play well - TWU players - Paul Ballard, Lee Ellis, and Mike Barney all played well, a kid in from Atlanta for the summer is playing left back and is playing great. We have Vancouver on Wednesday (what's up with kicking off at 8:30 - they couldn't make it any earlier) and then a trip to Seattle and away to Surrey next weekend. Maybe the double-digit thrashing will bring more of Surrey's regulars out - or maybe it will keep them away longer?
What happened?
Anyways - even though it was not pretty, it was good to get back to winning ways after a disgusting performance against Team BC.
Cheers

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
It's truly a funny old game..... Surrey United 2 Seattle 1.

How a squad goes from getting totally fcuking embarrassed to the point of rage and tears one day, to a thrashing of one of the leagues best the next is beyond me, but it happened this weekend! I only say thrashing because we ran the game from start to finish. Their spells with the ball were few and far between and their goal came very late. It was a great performance by all.

I can't explain it. If I could I guess I would be an assistant coach somewhere.......:rolleyes:

Ballbaby

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
knvb,

What the f@#k! Truly bizarre! You guys did very well to salvage a season because I thought after the 10-0 drubbing, you guys were done. Perhaps Seattle took you a touch too lightly after the result. We all can use a 10-0 beating sometime to wake us up. Nah! I don't ever want to experience that. :eek:

So tell me, was the Skagit game the longest game of your life? You should try and share this very valuable life experience with us. I know, let's talk about the Seattle game instead. ;)

Great result. The women too!

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I do believe Seattle thought they were coming in for a kick about. They were slow and lazy in the midfield from the word go. Thank goodness we had some of our older players back in the middle and they took advantage of that with lots of hard work.

Having been through it now I can honestly say nobody, not even Croatians should ever experience a 10-0 drubbing. It was by far the longest and most humilating 95+ mins of my entire soccer life.

I would like to thank the fcuking dick sucking piss head of a ref for having us play the entire 90 plus an extra 5 of stoppage time. He must have found it fcuking hilarious when the skagit guys were mouthing off and say "lets get 10" "lets get 10." Another minute on the pitch and someone was going to get snapped and he knew it but he still had us play it out.

I figured by the way some of older guy were going into tackles after the 6th goal went in Skagit would have kept there mouths shut and just played..... Can't really blame them though, but when two of their guys get carted off the pitch it's probably not the best time to bring out the "what's the score?" classic.

Twats

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
knvb must have got the start in the pipes

knvb, when did you get pulled.

Hate to say it brought a smile to my face when I saw that score in Sundays paper, the wife thought I started with the funnies instead of the sports section.

Skagit is a under 23 team, so that is the reason for going for 10, their not smart enough to just keep possesion and stay away from injuries.

Must have been fun in the Slurry dressing room after the match, how many flips or flip-outs took place on the Saturday.

HOSgladthatheonlyletin7vsCampania

cainy

Dec 24, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wow

After hearing about the ten nill thrashing and the record of surrey, I almost didn't go to see the game on sunday. I went because I wanted to see Seatle play, we used to have some great battles with them a few years back. I was shocked to see nay one familiar face on either team, except for KNVB. I was actually looking forward to seeing Guinness play but again was disapointed, as he was sat in his usual spot at the end of the bench for 90mins. I don't really like to take the piss out of Guinness but after the quote about Adam Costley " I haven't seen that much arrogance and such little skill in a long time" I feel I must. If you ever get on the field to play against him you'll know what I'm on about. That lad would give you a lesson on how to patrol the middle of the park. I imagine after the win on the weekend it will be a while before your back in the side, and when you are you'll be on the outside where your lack of speed and inability to put a tackle or head a ball won't hurt the side.
I have to say if there was one player curently playing in the Fraser valley I would love to have it would be Adam.

Good win surrey,I hope this gets ya out of your funk

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Cainy ~ Who the fcuk are you all of a sudden?

That's a bit rough don't you think? Guinness has come leaps and bounds since you were with the club 5 years ago. Believe it or not he has more bite on tackles than most ginger midfielders I've played with. It's defiantly become a big part of his game. He also in my book is leading our squad for MVP this season well, he may have lost a step in Skagit, but that's not the point ;)

Fact is Cainy, if the numbers allowed, all 12 of us who went to Skagit on Saturday would have and should have been right there beside him on Sunday. He is just in the unfortunate position where we had a number of players come back. Guinness has started and played very well up till now. If you took a close look at the bench every guy there started on Sat, but you wouldn't know that would you? Maybe because haven't shown your burnt mug around much lately have you? Wow it's almost been 5 years funny how things change, well somethings.

Please make sure you brains are loaded before you shoot your mouth off.

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Originally posted by knvb
Cainy ~ Who the fcuk are you all of a sudden?

That a bit rough don't you think? Guinness has come leaps and bounds since you were with the club 5 years ago.

Plus, We are Best Friends and I LOVE him. But not in a Man/Women kind of way, but Man/Boy love.

KNVB

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
HOS one to many of Notty's 6 yard volley's to the head me thinks. It's time to get a new job. That ball heading/testing position is doing you no good.

Quit now, before you really think you're funny. :rolleyes:

cainy

Dec 24, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
easy shovey

Fair enuff mate it's just that every time I look at take the piss Guinness is always and I mean always having a go at some pretty quality players. Its a bit tuff to read week after week. I like Guinness alot but people who live in glass houses, well you know the rest mate. You are right I haven't seen him play that much to be honest, but thats not because I haven't been watching it's just when I do he never gets a game. I never said he doesn't have skill, or vision because he does, he is also a great dead ball striker, his service is exceptional. He is a big part of your club no doubt, so when I see Saunders, and the lad called Shaggy from metro ford in there before him, who won't be back with you guys in the winter, I asume, I can't help but wonder why. As far as his go at Adam Costly, " no skill, and arrogant" couldn't be futher from the truth.If they went head to head in a match Adam would rip Guinness a new arshole period. Here my analogy, Henik sedin going off in the papers that Matt Cooke is a softy, it just doesn't fly. If your crack about ginger lads in the middle was a go at me, if your trying to say Guinness was at any point harder than me that Knock in the head you took on sunday was worse than I thought, you must be concussed.:eek: Maybe me and Guinness should have a mythical match up.I'm going to go put on my wrestling singlet:p

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0