Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2002 Richmond Summer League

Status
Not open for further replies.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Richmond Summer League

What happened last nite in the Imports/Idiots match-up?

~TB.

john

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Regs,

The idiots , I mean RUFC came out on top 1-0 ! Strange game in that we hammered them in the first half and the game should have been out of reach but it wasn't and we had to hang on for the "W"!

Just to be fair it was an extremely poorly officiated game and that led to a lot of frustration on both sides! I am quite sure there are a few Imports that have a word or two for a couple of us but it went both ways last night! A fun game to be a part of as is was intense and a good tune up for the weekend!

John

oh yah the site looks great! Well Done!

peter

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
We could have used you TB. We fielded an "old" team (even for us) with 13 bodies and 4 of those didn't want to play due to injury.

We had 2 guys lose it and one of the incidents resulted in their goal when Ricky got really pissed after not getting a call (an elbow to the head apparently). He went right after the guy and hacked him down right outside the box. They hit a nice hard cross that was headed home for the victory. The other was pretty funny when our center back decided to have a talk with the ref and had to walk towards the half line to do it. The problem was the play was still going on and a guy was able to walk right through our now gaping back line but he shanked the shot, I think.

Their keeper came up big on a few occasions and was the man of the match challenging well every chance he got.

mackers

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Peter,

Our goalie did make some nice saves as did yourself. It was a pretty heated match but like john said, it was fun to play in such a competitive game. We were lucky to hang onto the victory after a barrage(sp?) of chances by you lot in the second half, but thought we deserved the win in the end.

With a win against Rangers next week we would give ourselves a good chance to finish first :D

Cheers, Mackers.

number2

Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I guess the Westside can't support 4 of 8 teams in the RRSL after all.

I just heard that the Knights forfeitted another game. I got a call tonight asking if I could come out next week so that they don't get kicked out of the league.

Looks like I'll end up playing almost half the season anyway. After wanting to take the summer off.

:rolleyes:

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Difficult

Number 2,

It is even more difficult when the league president runs the Knights......:( I was supposed to be in the middle tonight. Now, unfortunately, I have no cash for the weekend and my kids will go hungry....... Bastards

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
"Half the season"? You've played what? 4 or 5 games? Hardly half. Besides, you said you weren't playing so you could finish building your basement. Are you going to finally finish that thing or what?

I predicted it would come to this anyway. I wanted to fold halfway throught the season -- knowing we were fcuked. That "alliance" with Forest FC only worked until Ole started scheduling practices for his guys on Thursday nights. How the hell are we supposed to borrow any players?

From people who can't committ to people who simply don't show without calling to injuries, how the hell are things supposed to come together. Have fun in the fall with the "usuals", Number 2.

BTW, I'm gonna rent Super Speedway on DVD for you and I. I'll borrow Jeremy's DVD player. You'll love it -- it's all about the Cart series featuring M & M Andretti -- filmed originally for IMAX. Very cool. Call me when you're available.

mackers

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Rangers 4 - 2 RUFC

Two more blown leads tonight. Nice free kick from Chaisson to tie the game, I let one get between me and the post for the go-ahead and a breakaway for the insurance.

We still can finish 2nd and no worse than 4th, are the Knights going to show up for our last game or are they going to just concede the points right now ??

Mackers.

Gazza

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bingers 1 - Town o

A very boring game played on by far the worst field in the Summer league. Boyd #4 is not only too small but the condition of the field is bordering on dangerous. Niether team played well but Bingers 10 men were just slightly more interested in playing then we were. Must be a Nations Cup Hangover.

Gazza :eek:

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
It is even more difficult when the league president runs the Knights
Subterfuge,
What are you implying? If you mean to say that we are given special treatment because of the president's association with us then, yes, you're right. After our first default with the Imports, I suggested we should withdraw and combine with Bimini's. We weren't allowed. I knew we would have trouble fielding teams -- we even went so far to invite some Meralomas to play with us (imagine that! :eek: ) -- yet, withdrawing from the league didn't seem to be an option.

I make no appologizes for the outcome of this summer. I did my best to get guys together, but it has gone beyond my contol, resources, abilities, desire and patience. I can spend my time better than to try and organize that lot.

max blink

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
keeper:

quote: "I can spend my time better than to try and organize that lot."

are you planning on finding a new lot (like AC Milan for example)? or are you just out of the "trying and organizing" game.

a little curious,

max

max blink

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
keeper:

are you really a knight? am i really a ranger or a member of any army?

does it really matter to you that the majority ethnicity on your team be the same as yours, or do you not like being a minority?

typical german.

max
andhowcomemyflagisn'tintheavatarlist

max blink

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
still padding

Gazza:

regarding Bingers being just a little more interested, yup we were very interested, but that soon gave way to just dead-dog tired from running after green and white hoops for 90 minutes one man short (guess i know how krusty's team feels).

it seemed like you guys would've liked a victory just as much though. i would have liked to have saved some of my energy though for my rush across town to the second half of my Point Grey vs. Lomas. a diabolical loss.

max

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Max,

It's a rhetorical question. I could have also asked, "do pigs fly?" Or "are you as sharp as a tack?"

Go easy on the racism slant.

number2

Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
keeper,

After next week I will have played 5 games this summer of a possible 14. 7 equals half the season, no? Do you see where I'm going with this?

Yes my renovation is almost complete. So I should be training again in August.

So are you giving up on the rest of the season? Or what's left of it?

subterfuge,

IMO, No one individual, let alone the 'league prez', 'runs' the knights. I don't think anyone ever could by themselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0