Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2002 Richmond Summer League

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
#2,

Fair enough.

I've already given up on the season. I haven't played the last three or four weeks because of my hamstring.

Get back to me about Super Speedway. I'll be at Kristina's tonight.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Anyone need a player for tomorrow night?

If anyone is looking for an old player who is on his last legs, to play with them tomorrow night, please PM or e-mail me. There must be unlimited subs though.

Yours in soccer,

Captain Shamrock

For that matter, if anyone is playing in a local tourney, I would love to get my token 10 minutes in. Thanks.

CDK

Jul 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Now it makes sense

Captain,

I'm going to wait until Ghostrider come's home from his vacation and gives you an intelligent, well thought out explanation of why you are so wrong. Sort of the way he got you to admit that diving was a part of the game.:)

Change your stance now or he'll have you so disconcerted and ashamed that your only solace would be to find a corner in your room and curl up into the fetal position with your thumb in your mouth.

:p

FIFA rules for premier. All other's don't matter.

mehmet

Aug 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Keeper, I feel you pain.

Has anyone in the RRSL ever gone winless for the entire summer? If not, the Knights could go down in history as the best team ever - at losing.

The Knights are toast.

Mehmet.

Gazza

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Subs

How did this debate spill over to this Thread? The Summer League has operated for 21 years with unlimited subs without any complaints or problems. But we are after all a "Beer League".
I'm with you Captain.

Gazza.

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I talked to the guy in charge of the refs today and he said they would definitely have a team, made up mostly of the division 2 team, Forest.
Apparently 9 finally showed. We were promised "4 or 5 guys" from Forest -- 2 showed. One other guy from Bimini's who was going to play ended up taking extra nursing shift at the hospital.

There should have be enough. I've given up -- season's over. Who gives a fcuk anymore? Not me. :mad:

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I was willing

Apparently my e-mail system must have broke down with the amount of offers I had to play tonight. Westside Knights was not one of them.

I stopped by at around 6:55 and the ref was still there. I only saw 7 guys from my vantage point but it was raining and I am old........That Forest team had about 18 guys out in all 3 matches that I reffed them.... That is too bad. I am not blaming you, Keeper, but you guys are still up for Wankers of the Month.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well there was a game at south memorial

Imports 4-4 Rangers

4-1 at the half for the good guys who then weren't so good when a certain someone got pushed into the backline...

... leaving a gaping hole in the middle for players to run right though :D

I never wish to play in the back again. Ever.

~TB.

max blink

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
lotsofhairdude:

wow, nice use of the gaping hole in your email to demonstrate the gaping hole in midfield...

game report:

Delta United 5
Bingers Army 2

bingers started with 9, then 10, then 11 in the second half. played shockingly poor for the full 90 however. Some Cheatsiders on Delta managed to up the quality level of that squad. it seems not to many purple players are willing to make the trek out to Ladner on a rainy Thursday.

bingers now mathematically eliminated from winning the league.

max

5bigtoes

Jul 21, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
RRSL Tuesday Night

Does anyone from the Tuesday night side of the summer league ever post?

If the answer is NO! I understand why....

(At last) We the Delta PA won, but I must say, the refs' on Tuesday night are god awful and the teams we have been playing against are a bunch of whinning babies....

Tell me if I'm wrong! Tuesday Night is less competitive than Thursday. Tuesday is for, hmmmmm let say," Fun"," beer","MORE BEER". Yet, these young bucks' think they are getting promotion to the Premiership, and there must be prize money at the end for the winners. The amount of whinning during games is let say diabolical.

For fcuksake tuesday night WANKERS, let's have some fun and enjoy a good game of FITBA!

5btjustwaitingforthewintertobegin

5bigtoes

Jul 21, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Tuesday Night RRSL

Absolutely crushed some young Spanish bucks.

Delta PA 6 - Soccer Legends 3

The much older and wiser Delta PA team "took the micky" out of this snarky bunch of lads.

It feels sooooo damn good to beat the crap out of a bunch of yappers!:D

One more win and into the final....

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
shocking

5Bigtoes,

They are a weak team. I have reffed them a couple of times. So don't get too confident. Richmond United will be tough to beat. They hammered Ashton 6 - 2 tonight. It could have been worse.

I believe Club Ireland won tonight against the Police......

Captain

5bigtoes

Jul 21, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Captain,

your right Richmond is a good team with young legs. I was pleased that we beat Legends because of all the yapping. We have had a shite year and as I have said before, "I can hardly wait for the Winter to start!"

And a win is a win is a win....;)

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
You're right

5BigToes,

You're absolutely right. A win is a win. Well done and hopefully I will ref one of your games in the next little while.....

Yours in officiating,

Captain Shamrock

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Playoffs tonite

Peter or anyone else in the know,

Who do we (the imports) play tonite out at Association? If it's RUFC, then I will defer my payment for their raffle until after the match. What raffle you ask? Willy will explain.

~TB.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I can only assume......

TB,

You are not playing Richmond United. I am reffing Richmond United against Biminis at Manoah Steves and Richmond Town is playing Bingers Army at the same location.

The Knights didn't put a team into the cup, so the league winners, Richmond Rangers received a bye, I guess.

Yours in the Richmond League,

Captain

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
No.

The playoffs were done as a draw. Despite the Knights' spot being left as a bye, it was still included in the draw. As a result the Westside Rangers do not get a bye -- the schedule is as follows (as you can find yourself at the RRSL site):

Bimini's v Richmond Utd A - M. STEEVES #2
Delta Utd A - BYE
Richmond Town Puma v Binger's Army - M. STEEVES #1
Rangers v Soccer Imports - SOUTH ARM #1

PS. Don't ask me why it was done as a draw. As far as I'm concerned, their should be some sort of benefit for having finished high in the standings. However, seeing as there's a cup for both the season and the playoffs, I guess having the draw makes completing the double that much more impressive.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Imports play at Association tonite. That much I know for sure (I got the call yesterday).

~TB.

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well that's what was emailed to me from the Prez to put on the website. If it's been changed, so be it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0