Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2002 Richmond Summer League

Status
Not open for further replies.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
So be it

Rangers 0
Imports 5

The sprinklers came on with about 15 to go to end it mercifully. Association Park was in great shape. I can hardly wait to play at Menoah Steves next week...

I think the goalscorers were Bill Johnson, Jake Fraser, Jeff Catliff, Doley the ex-goalie, and Ian who's last name escapes me. Alex Percy had a good match as well.

Merkl with the shut out.

Next up I believe is Max Blink and his purple army Bingers.

~TB.

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Impressive

I thought it would be a close one. :eek:

Keeperwhowashopingformorestemcellresearch

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Who cares?

TB,

Who the fcuk really cares at the end of the day, right? It is only a beer league. Having said that , Richmond United lumped Westside Biminis 5 - 2 and Bingers(Which one of you bastards is Binger anyway?) Army beat Richmond Town 2 - 1.

peter

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Me

I really fcudking care!

Just back from a week on sunny Pender Island. I had a little adrenalin rush Thursday night sipping a beer on the beach...I chalked it up to the fresh sea air until I realized that my highly toned body wasn't getting it's weekly fix.

Good work boys!

On to Bingers who have taken 4/6 off us this year.

5bigtoes

Jul 21, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Tuesday Night

Delta PA 3 - Delta Young Buck's 0

Well it was a fairly easy win tonite. On to the 1st division Final Saturday.

The ref was absolutely awful, crap even. What a night-mare!!!
Someone please set the alarm clock.

We will see if the old timers have what it takes to win the playoffs.

~regs~ Brant Watkins says "Hi"

5BTwaitingfortheover30fvsltostart

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Chalky

You're playing with Chalky? How's he doing? Do you know if he's going down to Portland for our Alumni game this weekend?

~TB.

5bigtoes

Jul 21, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
~regs~

Chalky is well. Two beautiful children, house, wife, the whole domestic life.

He will not be there in Portland for the Alumni game on the weekend.

I'll tell him you say "hi" and I'll get him to get on the site and post some messages as only the Chalky man can do.

peter

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Where's your allegiance?

Regs, are you not around for the Saturday finals (if we can get by the Army)? We've got our name on that trophy quite a few times in the 80's and 90's...we're maybe looking at a last hurrah for the Imports...we could use you (if we can bag a few Thursday night).

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Relax

Peter,

I only asked if Chalky was going. I'm not going down to Portland this weekend since I have Peg training :D

~TB.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Please stay on topic

Is this thread called "How is Brandt Watkins?" If it is, I am very sorry, otherwise keep it to the Richmond Summer League.

5BT,

Are there 2 division 2 cups? I reffed a semi-final last night at Steves and Richmond United won on the field beside us. What gives?

Peter,

I will be on the line tomorrow, I think. You certainly seem to be looking past Bingers. Hopefully Max Blink is reading this. :)

Captain

peter

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Captain, at this point in the game, you've got to be optimistic! Besides, I would think Bingers are thinking along the same lines: having been in a bunch of finals in this league, you have to be planning on the Thursday/Saturday back-to-back games if you want a chance on the Saturday final.

We get linesmen (assistants) in the semi's? And you're one of them instead of in the middle?

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yes, you get assistants in the semis..

Yes, there are linesmen. I believe Mick Bates is reffing and Dave Partridge is doing the other line. It is much like a union. The senior officials, and the ones who don't have Guatemalan Referee's Tickets, get the opportunity to ref the game......It should be an entertaining game anyway.... See you there.

Yours in officiating,

Captain

max blink

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
three officials?

Captain Shamrock:

i can't remember the last time i played a game with three officials, especially three such esteemed gentlemen.

i'm looking forward to a dandy of a game, especially for the chance to shut down one dominant player in particular. i'm not talking about John and i won't be falling for "the move".

see you all at Manoah Steeves.

bring your bug spray.

max

peter

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Max,

You won't have to worry about shutting down JC (not that you said you were) as he is booked on a flight to Germany tonight for a try out with Baye...he's taken a position with Helly Hansen in Europe and will be gone for a year or two.

Finally we get rid of that whinger ;)

5bigtoes

Jul 21, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Captain,

You must be in a bad mood or on the rag...That's not like you.

I think there is two different Cups for Div 2. We play our final Saturday 10 am.

I understand that all the finals are at Association on Saturday.

Will you be there playing or as a ref?

Hope to see you Saturday.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Confused?

5BigToes,

Bad mood? Rag? Not like that? I don't understand. I was just asking if there were two cups. :confused:

As for Saturday, I don't think I will be there. Club Ireland has a practice and I have to run it, as the coach is out of town.....Good luck !

Captain

Vinnie

Jul 21, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Saturday Practice

Captain,

I won't be able to make this practice. I've committed to something else saturday afternoon. I was going to call Coach J. but you stated he was out of town.

BTW, why are we practicing on a Saturday afternoon?

I promise I will make the next one.

Also, apparently there is still spots left in the labour day Burnaby Lake Tourney. Might be a good warmup for the winter season

seeyalater:p

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Total Bastard was "on fire"

Well done, Soccer Imports. A hard fought 3-2 victory over "Which one of you bastards is Binger?"s Army. TB had 2 cracking assists and a penalty shot.

Peter was tremendous in the back and overall an entertaining match.

Yours in officiating,

Captain Shamrock

Atlanta 4 Colorado 1

BOOYAH!

5bigtoes

Jul 21, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Captain,

I was just commenting on the Brant Watkins banter between myself and ~regs~. No harm done just taking a wee poke at you.;) -sorry for any misunderstanding-

Sorry to hear you will not be able to make it out for a bit of sideline banter and sodas at the finals saturday. It's always nice to see the old guard at all the soccer events.

Cheers 5BT

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
There for a bit

5BigToes,

I will be there for the 10:00 game as I am running the line. I have to leave right after that though to go and run the practice. Hopefully, I will see you there.

Yours in piss taking,

Captain

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0