Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2002 Season Results and Witty Banter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
What are these Fitness Tests you Talk of

After the 5-1 loss on the weekend, a low point in the Stunning History of the Dragons organization, we may need to do some fitness testing ourselves.
I have come up with a few that we can try before Thursdays game.

1. Crossbar Arm Hang: This test was made famous in the Canadian Military. It is used to measure arm stamina, follow this up with the Cooler Pick-up, if you can.

2. Doggies: These are a great measure of fitness for any player. Myself I have a record of 7 Hot Doggies in one sitting after a Co-Ed match.

3. Scottish Mile: This is great for cross-training with both sprints and jogging involved in the work-out. A sprint to the Beer store to get Beer, and a Jog back from store with Beer in Hand. Add to this work-out by trying to get other runners to pay for you, this is where the "Scottish" comes in.

4. Sitt-ups: For all the rookies in the league, the Blind-Folded sitt-up is one of the toughest strength tests that there is, plus you get a CRACKER prize when you complete this test.

These are some great fitness tests that must come out now that the Dragons have had one of the worst loses in Club History.

HOS :D

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Meow!!

THEROB PAY ATTENTION,

Monday night's game between Mountain Shadow and Union Jackers turned into a catfight from what I heard. A seemingly innocent 50/50 header turned into a cat fight between 2 women.
It was quickly broken up as I hear the Union Jacker was quite capable of kicking the Kitty Litter out of the Mountain Shadow Boxer.

:D

Ahhhh yes, what a relaxing summer league we have going this year.
:rolleyes:

J R

Mar 11, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Whoa! Some Clarification is Required...

Originally posted by Yoda
Monday night's game between Mountain Shadow and Union Jackers turned into a catfight from what I heard. A seemingly innocent 50/50 header turned into a cat fight between 2 women.
It was quickly broken up as I hear the Union Jacker was quite capable of kicking the Kitty Litter out of the Mountain Shadow Boxer.

:D

First - it wasn't a 50/50 header. Second - our player kicked the ball out of the 6 yard box and was then knocked on her ass by the Union Jacker forward who was just a bit late into the tackle. Third - the UJ player proceeded to start kicking our girl saying she started the whole thing. Fourth - had some cool headed guys not stepped in, there would have been a women kicked out TWO years in a row for fighting. And finally - I'm not saying who would have won - but I wouldn't have put ANY money on the the UJ player.

JRwho'snottryingtosoundlikeabittercoachwhenclarifyingyoda'sresponse

SC

Jul 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
aren't the Union...

the Buddha farmteam?(or at least a crew of old memebers) :confused: :eek:

I box (well, I try to), but I would never take it to the field:rolleyes:

+SCbelievesthereisathingcalleddiscipline:mad:

J R

Mar 11, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I wouldn't disagree....

Originally posted by sexualchocolate
the Buddha farmteam?(or at least a crew of old memebers) :confused: :eek:

I box (well, I try to), but I would never take it to the field:rolleyes:

+SCbelievesthereisathingcalleddiscipline:mad:

Unfortunately Herb's idea of discipline is a bit different than most referees...

"...no, no, no. If she sits off for 10 minutes, they'll learn their lesson..."

Skytrain

Aug 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
there's no cat fight in Monday nights program

Who cares who was wrong or right. Was there any scratching, hair pulling, screaming, name calling? :D :rolleyes: Should not have happened in Co-ed. Possible these girls had something going before the match?

SC - No, the Union Whackers nor the Pylon Shadow players have every made the cut to play for the Tryhards. But we now may have to sign a couple of new players, as it appears we may have overlooked a couple girls:eek: :rolleyes:

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sorry JR

I was just trying to stir up a little shite to get things going again here.
Although I did get it from a reliable source (My in-law) who plays for UJ that the Shadow player kicked her while she was on the ground and then the UJ player retaliated. That doesn't make it any better but it sounds pretty bad that she was in late, knocked the girl down, then proceeded to finish her off with some kicks.

I don't think anyone is that dirty.

It would be nice if someone who broke up the fight could clarify.

Snowman, a little clarification please?

Skytrain

Aug 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yoda - don't apoligize (sp) to J R, just give him a tissue.

When I first heard of a cat fight in a Co-ed game, I thought TheRob was fighting until the two teams were mentioned. But if TheRob was involved in a cat fight - I'd put my money on the chic.

TheRob - Sounds like Woody is going to get the best of you this weekend. You could always do a Rivaldo and fake an injury before the game.:D

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Every time Woody and yourself get anywhere near TheRob on Sunday, I'm screaming and taking a dive. Herb will buy it for sure.:D

Skytrain

Aug 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Herb is a good guy but your putting your hopes in him making a call in your favor.....you might want to get another plan. But if you do keep the same plan and Woody is around she will pull a 'Mountain Shadow' and kick you while you are down. Then after she sits off for 10 minutes she can repeat the cycle.:eek:

woody

May 23, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I could kick you and Herb would still make the call in the my favor. Anyways, before I can pull a "Mountain Shadow" on you, you have to get on the pitch, maybe if HBBDE (LIUSMAEASIERNF) is short girls TheRob can fill in and don a wig so you won't be a last minute pity sub.

Or the moon must be in the third house of aquarius.

Whatever, I'll serve my 10 and do it again.

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Please let the Girls have thier fun, If I am Around

I have been in the league for about 5 years now, and I still have not yet seen one of these "Cat Fights" you talk of.
One of the reasons that I have stayed in the league is to witness one of these harmless tussels of sweety soccer playing girls. If this happens when I am around, Pleeeeeese, let them wrestle and get it out of thier system. That is the only way to stop this aggresion on the pitch, not 10 min. in the box.

HOSalsoplaysBecausehecanDominate:mad:

Skytrain

Aug 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
TheRob,

You could not handle 10 minutes in Woody's box, she would whack the hell out of you!:eek:

skytrainspeakingofthe18yardboxofcourse

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
No Respect in this League AnyMore

I still remember the days that teams like, Dragons, Cheatside and Budha, the backbones of the League had respect from these Young UpandComers.
The Gunners (no relation to Young Guns) did us in 5-1 on the week-end, one guy even said "who is the old gray-haired guy that is in goal".
Now cheatside get thumped by BrokenDownFarts, this is terrible.

Tonight the real Dragons will come out of the Lair, and smash the Beer Nuts, Chew them up and Spit em out.
What to see what we do to them on the pitch.

HOSwantsintheGoldenBootRace

J R

Mar 11, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thanks for the tissue.....

Originally posted by Yoda
I was just trying to stir up a little shite to get things going again here.
Although I did get it from a reliable source (My in-law) who plays for UJ that the Shadow player kicked her while she was on the ground and then the UJ player retaliated. That doesn't make it any better but it sounds pretty bad that she was in late, knocked the girl down, then proceeded to finish her off with some kicks.

I don't think anyone is that dirty.

It would be nice if someone who broke up the fight could clarify.

Snowman, a little clarification please?

No need for an apology, I didn't mean to go off like that but I just wanted to clarify....unfortunately, there wasn't any scratching, hair pulling, screaming, name calling but had Skytrain posted the story I'm sure there would have been plenty of that woven into the tale.

as for the BDGC's - we handled them 4-2. I think they've picked up a few players though....

Carebear

May 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yes Mountain Shawdow did beat the BDGC 4-2, but the score did not reflect the game. Anyways, a win is a win. FYI, the BDGC have not picked up any new players, in the 6-0 win agianst Cheatside, they just had most of there squad out.

SC

Jul 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
WTF?

Apparently I made it to the wrong pitch tonight...
Dragoons 3 - Beer Nuts 0
:eek:

(I think)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0