Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2002 Season Results and Witty Banter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dial 9-1-1

Jul 9, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Never Mind

Regardless of whatever wisecrack you were dying to use on me, according to the latest TTP rankings, I am no longer considered "merely annoying."

You are now looking at a certified JR Piss Taker. This only further proves that I, indeed, have no life.

Thank You!

Cartdriver

Jun 9, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ummm.....off to the golf course?

So the Carts are going through "Canuck syndrome".....that is, booking tee times while everyone else is still lacing 'em up!

My dear and beloved 911: While I toyed with the idea of making numerous excuses on this forum for our sad result vs your favourite fundraising spot (such as crap refereeing, 12 players, 4 of which played through injuries, field conditions, bad luck, tight shorts, blisters, hangovers, that damn MMMF, etc...)....I must explain the one reason for our upset loss: We took them too lightly! To the credit of the Mavericks, they fought well. Everytime we got a goal (2 by half volley and 1 by CD which, by the way, was dedicated to the 2 hotties from Mtn Shadow cheering us on!) this is the scenario: Step 1) Carts celebrate goal Step 2) Mavericks kick off Step 3) While still in the afterglow, Mavericks walk through our defense and tie it up Step 4) Repeat 3 times in game. So we go to a shootout and simply put, they finished everything while we missed 1 of 5.....done....game, season, Cart pride....all gone until JR calls next spring!

On behalf of all the Carts, we wish everyone still in the playoffs all the best and thank everyone else for a fun summer season....even the YG's! See ya in Vernon!!

CDstillmissing4cartsinactionandhopingMerrittdoesn'tgoovertimeandconflictwithVernon:)

Conductor

May 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Is there an EX??

Hey Skytrain,from what I've heard,the Union Jackers weren't expecting to be playing in the "A" cup.They were quite content to play in the "B" cup and actually felt that they might have had a chance at it!!What I'm wondering? From what I gather TheRob is an ex Buddha.So does he have any relations on Tryhard that are looking to line him up??
Was a good game too play in other than our Yoda's M-I-L taking out all our players
Anyways good luck tonight!!Would have liked to watch the game,but my mom only let's me out by myself until the street lights come on!!!I know what you might be thinking but the field lights don't count!!

Skytrain

Aug 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
TheRob has no relations that anyone would admit too

Condu,

Don't really know what happened with the union whackers, I believe it had something to do with a team throwing a game so that they did not have to play the TryHards (something like what the Dragoons are going to do tonight ;)), and then that put Union Jackers into 8th place. But it could be another story that is the truth.

As for TheRob, yes he is an ex-Buddha:eek: but was cut due to lack of fitness, skill and beer consumption:D ;) Looking forward to marking TheRob tonight:) I just hope his laces are on tight:eek:

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Tryhards 3 - 1 Dragons

The Dragons/Tryhards match lived up to all the expectations. There was whining........from both sides. People were yelling at Herb...........from both sides. There was ample "Tryhardness".............from both sides. There was good soccer..............from both sides, and after the match, there was a lot of beer consumed.............by both sides.

The Dragons took there game up a notch and The Tryhards beat us. It was an entertaining match at times. Lot's of speed and skill. Scurrey was incredible in net for them, and in my opinion saved the game. Definitly the Man of the Match.

People expect me to come on here and slag them. Won't happen. I'm above that:rolleyes:At least until they lose in the final.:D

Good luck to the teams remaining.

Hey CD? Got room for a fourth? I hear Meadow Gardens is in wicked shape. Fore!!!!!!:(

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
People expect me to come on here and slag them. Won't happen. I'm above that
But I'm not :mad:

Actually, I agree with everything TR says though I do take 'issue' with #10 in the back who seemed to enjoy 'confrontation'.

Him: Fcuk you.

Me: excuse me?

Him: Go back to over-40's

Me: That's funny :rolleyes:

Everyone else was great, well almost but Yoda and Skytrain are plonkers to begin with :rolleyes:

Good luck in the final Tryhards!

~Regs.

Skytrain

Aug 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Was a good warm-up game for the TryHards before the Final

TheRob,

Bang on! Was a very entertaining game to watch and play in. Dragoons did not look to happy though, from start to finish. No smiles, jokes, good slags or humour. :( Dragoons appeared to be bitten by the TryHard bug. :eek: Both teams played well, especially the ladies on both sides. The girl 'T' in the middle of the park was Dragoons best player. We finished more of the chances given of errors and that made the diff. Otherwise the game was very close.

skytrainremembersRegsgettingaskedifheplayedoverforties:eek: andthoughthewouldhaveagoodcomebackbut-nothing:confused:

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Skytroll was there? What number was he? I knew I had enough in me for a kick. I can't believe I wasted it on Yoda. :rolleyes:

There was definitely new ground broken in the "Tryhard" category last night. Unfortunately they pulled us in to their trap. I think some of our tryhardness came in self-defence really. People were starting to get run over and that's not cool.

Scurrey stood on his head last night, a good performance for sure. It's too bad he's such a wank. Call not go his way? He throws the ball away. Next call doesn't go right? He punts it into the stands. There's no need for that. I think he even told Jinky and myself to go Fcuk ourselves. Buddy if I could do that I wouldn't need to play co-ed. :rolleyes:

Kudos' to Yoda for showing a bit of class, when one of our guys took a spill on the steep hill instead of having a good laugh and fire out jackass comments like the others, Yoda was the guy who got up to see if he was alright and lent a hand. It could have been the fact that he was carrying more beer for the cooler at the time, but that doesn't matter. ;)

woody

May 23, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Tryhards VS Dragons

KNVB - spend more than 10 minutes playing (other than in goal)then you can analyze the "tryhardness" on the field and who pulled who into the tryhard trap.

It was a good game, both to play and watch. Both teams picked it up when needed and lucky for us Scurr was HUGE in net.

Can't wait til Sun - will any Dragons be in attendance?

Skytrain

Aug 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Originally posted by knvb
What number was he? ........self-defence really. People were starting to get run over and that's not cool.

Who was running over who? Dragoons ran through our ladies and did their fair share of cheap shots. I've got a cut-up lip and a nice bruise (sp) on may chest from a nice elbow courtesy of Regs to prove it.

Call not go his way? He throws the ball away. Next call doesn't go right? He punts it into the stands. There's no need for that. I think he even told Jinky and myself to go Fcuk ourselves. Buddy if I could do that I wouldn't need to play co-ed. :rolleyes:

And people wondered why Scurr was the perfect goalie for the TryHards:rolleyes: ;)

It could have been the fact that he was carrying more beer for the cooler at the time, but that doesn't matter. ;)

More beer? You guys did not even need the bevies. Tryhards bought fromyour cooler after the game (after finishing ours), you left the field early with still bevies to drink, and no BBQ:( And $2.50 a pint?:eek: Yoda is a swell guy and it was good too see him help out;)

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Woody

Ahh... I did spend 10mins on the field putz, but my view from goal was really all I needed. Let me guess was you must of been one of those guys last night trying really hard to impress whatever girl on the sidelines?

Good show Rock star your my new co-ed hero.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I've got a cut-up lip and a nice bruise (sp) on may chest from a nice elbow courtesy of Regs to prove it.
Well, it looks like I owe Regs a beer or two then doesn't it? I knew I liked him for a reason and it's not his long flowing locks of hair.

Skytrain

Aug 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Woody

Let me guess was you must of been one of those ... last night trying really hard to impress whatever girl on the sidelines?

Good show Rock star your my new co-ed hero.

Woody trying to pick up the babes? Well done! Lets see the show! Woody you are also my new co-ed hero;) :D

skytraindidnotknowwoodywasacarpetmuncher:cool:

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I've got a cut-up lip and a nice bruise (sp) on may chest from a nice elbow courtesy of Regs to prove it.
I don't recall that but I apologise... Let's make one thing clear though: I never purposely throw elbows or even kick people... with comments like these though, I might have to start :rolleyes:

I always try to make a point of asking the other player if everything is ok after a collision or whathaveyou... sometimes I don't see that from other players and that is my personal definition of a tryhard in co-ed.

That and KNVB's point about players kicking the ball away when called for a foul - that's not on.

~Regs.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
mmmmmm, carpet munchers.....

That's a bit embarrassing.... Whatever, I think SHE got my point. She's still my co-ed hero though.

Conductor

May 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Congrat's!!

Congratulations to Tryhard for there 3-1 win!!I'm geussimg this girl was Taryn.If I'm right she is a thrill to watch.Also an ex YG,she had wanted to be back this year with us,but SC had already put her on the Dragon's roster.
The girl 'T' in the middle of the park was Dragoons best player.
YG Inc. would have loved to have her back!!!

Notty

Oct 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Can't comment on the match...I have to hold the ice on my ankles from the many woodpeckers having at them during the game last night! Peck peck whack!

:rolleyes:

Go CHEETSIDE!

~Notty
:D

SC

Jul 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
SC's perspective...

In my opinion the game was dreadful. The better team did not win last night. (Don’t worry, not a slam against you, Tryhards). Realistically the ‘Goons carried the flow of the game, making some serious mistakes for the Tryhards to capitalize on. Kudos to you for beating us, again. :eek:

Now for the excuses...

#1. Most of our guys only had two days to recover from playing at least 5 games on the weekend, that says a lot there.

#2. We have never beaten the Tryhards on that pitch (I think it has the Buddhist curse). As a matter of fact, I don’t think we have beaten the Buddha for a few seasons now. (So we are still caught up in the hype)

#3. I don’t think the women, on either side, were really used to the fullest. (Sorry, but true). This is the key to winning any co-ed game.

#4. Positioning and strategy…Yogi, played in EVERY hole possible, capitalizing on some really great opportunities. Our team played everywhere but back. Totally out of position and all over the map. At one time we had at least 7 forwards, with no defence, resulting in a few turnovers. I can’t remember Coach AJ ever playing in the back line before. Mistakes, really.

Conductor, As for T-bone in the middle, well, we all know what she is capable of. I didn’t sign her before you asked her, but, there is this thing called friendship that coach AJ and she have. That should just say it all. :) A quality player, wants to play for a quality team! ;) She is a fine representative for ANY team!

Tryflame and Yogi – there was no need for jokes and silly banter on the pitch last night:rolleyes: (There was too much whining and complaining to make fun of it). I also believe our two teams have overcome the immaturity that others have not yet. ;) You guys definitely need to change your name next season, but keep in mind, you will still be “Buddha” to us.:p

Cheatside, if you don’t win, we will see you on Saturday & Sunday in the beer garden at Lonsdale Quay. SC and a few others will be serving in the beer garden. ;)

Just a shitty end to a shitty season, but sad to see it go. :rolleyes:
I did however CLOSE the bocce game at 11-1. "What's that Henry? That's what I thought."

SC is off to the WORLD BOCCE CHAMPIONSHIPS in ITALY!

+"TheCloser"isnowretiredfromcoachingintheCo-edleague:(

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: SC's perspective...Through the Beer Goggles

Originally posted by sexualchocolate
#3. I don’t think the women, on either side, were really used to the fullest.... Positioning and strategy…

Cheatside, if you don’t win, we will see you on Saturday & Sunday in the beer garden at Lonsdale Quay. SC and a few others will be serving in the beer garden. ;)

[

Both Young Guns and Cheatside could be happy with a loss in the other semi, if SC is serving Pints at the Quay.

Can I use Jinky's extra Cider tickets from the Nations Cup.

HOSwonderingWhywasJinkydrinkingCiders:confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0