Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2002 Season Results and Witty Banter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dial 9-1-1

Jul 9, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Food for thought

If excuses are like assholes, does that mean SC has four assholes? :D

Hey, for the record, YG Inc. is staying out of ALL trash talk until AFTER the playoffs. The last thing we need is TTP quotes posted on our opposition's beer cooler for extra motivation. No thanks.

I don't know why we should even show up against Cheatside. They're an AWESOME team. If BY CHANCE we get past Cheatside, well, I don't even want to think about playing Buddha. They got Yoda and Skytrain and Woody. I mean I could just go on and on.

Already booking my tee off time.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Right On 9-1-1

Now there's a man who knows his limits.
:D

Cheers 911, if your nice we can take it easy on you?

Nothing a couple of beers can't help.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
SC

Hit the nail on the head. I think the key to any team winning in co-ed is they have to use their girls and last night very few of them were used last night, ON THE PITCH!
Yes I did try to find every hole and fill it in, ON THE PITCH, but we got a little disoriented with your line up switching. I don't know if it was because you guys strategically moved everyone around to screw us up or that everyone was just playing everywhere but we had a tough time matching up.

Yes there was alot of whining and complaining out there, I even found myself getting into it with Herb a few times, mind you Herb must have smoked a little herb before he came. Not his best game ever.:rolleyes: To be expected with him though, that will never change.

All in all good fun.

Sorry for the attempt at witty banter on the pitch, but there were too many of you guys that had your game faces on and didn't seem like you were there for fun. Just trying to lighten people up a bit.

Cheers to Notty for not taking our heads off in the wall and nice to meet the legendary Kurgan. aka "Big Guy at the top of the 18"

Regs,
You say that you always check to make sure someone is OK if you knock them but you didn't check with me when you climbed up my back for the header and pulled my shirt over my head.
;)

darkangel

Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
she's back!!!!!!

Looking forward to the match against Young Guns....... or am I - don't know they beat the crap out of us last time we played...

Thanks for all the support DRAGONS, hope to see a few of you out for the big match up tomorrow night!

I am looking forward to the match up vs. the Dragons..... if we ever get it sorted out - we haven't had an event in over 6 months can you believe it?

doesn't notty and jimmy have to go toe toe on the BBQ still???

I think maybe when Jimmy gets back from Europe LUCKY GUY!

DA - it's all about the game faces for thursday night:eek:

Notty

Oct 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
GREAT SEASON!!!

DA,

doesn't notty and jimmy have to go toe toe on the BBQ still???

Correct...Jimmy have a little "thing" to settle. Perhaps a match up in August on and off the pitch...GO CAMP CHEF GO!

SC,

Just a shitty end to a shitty season,

I take offence to this...this was never once thought of as a sh_tty season...we had, as always, a blast!!!

Props to the coaching and management staff...
Lotta love to the media, with out them, the Dragon persona could never exist...
Many thanks to those who took the time to write the thousands of fan letters…where would we be without the fans
And more than anything cheers to all the Dragons…a truly tight bunch!!!!!

~Notty :D

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Does that mean you'll be letting me out of your pocket for the up coming winter season? Huh.. buddy... huh?

SC

Jul 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Notting Hill...

Does this mean that you'll be stepping up to take over the franchise?:rolleyes:

Off the park was, 'yes' MAGIC ;) babysitting2630yearoldsistiring:eek:

+TheFulltimeCloser:rolleyes:

SC

Jul 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Did somebody say "Food" ...

Originally posted by Dial 9-1-1
Hey, for the record, YG Inc. is staying out of ALL trash talk until AFTER the playoffs. The last thing we need is TTP quotes posted on our opposition's beer cooler for extra motivation. No thanks.

It's a little late for that Dial Soap :rolleyes: You and your Con-duc-tor buddy started something that you can't stop :rolleyes:

It sounds like you are relieved that you don't have to face the 'Goons. But it also sounds like you have left something in your shorts (involving stains of course) having to face the Cheaters.

DA - there is a time and a place for the Cheatside/Dragoon match-up. But it has to be before August 13th, as I am leaving on a jet plane:rolleyes:
Remember, we can 'build it', 'and they will' come sista;)

+TheCloser:eek:

Notty

Oct 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
KNVB,

Actually, you have it reversed...you were out of the pocket for the summer...back in for the winter! That's if my pants aren’t around my ankles from getting skinned!:D

SC,

I have my own bunch of 22-38 year old bunch to baby-sit in the summer...perhaps Big Daddy Dale could step up to the plate and take on the team!

Dial 9-1-1

Jul 9, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wouldn't be Prudent

Uh uh, SC. I know what trap you're trying to pull me into and I ain't going there. Wouldn't be prudent for me to get into a trash talking war with the other teams to motivate them like your team's banter motivated Mountain Shadow and Buddha.

But it also sounds like you have left something in your shorts (involving stains of course) having to face the Cheaters.

Yes, you are correct. Crap stains all over my jeans (my thong doesn't absorb much). Those other stains from the 18 (19, actually) simultaneous orgasms after the Beernuts tied it up have since been cleansed. Cheatside should have all their players there tomorrow, so I sure don't imagine it to be an easy game for us.

It sounds like you are relieved that you don't have to face the 'Goons.

Hey, don't flatter yourself SC. I know you guys have a GREAT team, but IF (yes, IF) we get past Cheatside, I think it's fair to be more concerned about playing the team that was undefeated all year and beat you guys 3-1. I haven't heard an abundance of credit given to them, but I've heard a good number of...well, you know.

Regs and TheRob...I thought your replies were especially, classy. Thumbs up to you! (not that other replies weren't classy as well, but these stood out--man am I trying to avoid confrontations!)

By the way, I'm still waiting to hear it: "I am a Dragon, and I have been a Tryhard in denial for five years now."

SC, my "buddy" the Con-duc-tor and I are going to pay you a visit at the Quay so we can hear it in person.:)

Jinky

Jun 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
but there were too many of you guys that had your game faces on and didn't seem like you were there for fun.

I don't know about that, there was one good line from our bench.

Someone said of one of the tryhard players, "don't worry about about #17, she's got nothing!"

A couple of us replied, " That's a guy"

It was a guy, right?

Spazz

Oct 10, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dial 911

Glad you enjoyed (as much as we did it sounds like) watching us tie that game up within seconds of the whistle blowing..... ;)

Maybe next year we'll have that chance against you guys :eek:

:cool: Spazz

spazzwillbeouttowatchtheYoungGunsmatchtonight

Conductor

May 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Spazz!!

Just wondering who you are cheering for tonight??So far Cheatside is up 2-0!!YG having to battle the odds tonight.

Spazz

Oct 10, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Don't want to say just yet.......

Not going to post who I'm cheering for but you'll see later tonight which side I sit on...... :D

But this will defenitely be a good game! ;)

Spazz

canputfacestothenameslatertonight!

Hey Mackers....... where've you been?? Was hoping you'd be there playing against us last Sunday....?? You playing tonight??

Dial 9-1-1

Jul 9, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
And then there were TWO

Hey, it's tough to win it all, but it's nearly just as tough to make it to the final. 4th time in our last 5 seasons we made it there, so I'm happy for our team--even if we don't win the REAL final.

I know Buddha has been the team to beat this year, so I'm anticipating a great match between TWO tryhard teams that mix team comraderie with winning. We have fun too, you know!

You're ALL invited to the planned BBQ afterwards. Will we see any Goons or Cheaters there?

Great match tonight. First half there were some beauty goals, but the soccer was ugly with seven goals scored (4-3 for the Cheatsiders).

Second half both teams worked much harder making it a cracker match. Randazzle, our main man up front was able to tie it up for us and then in double OT our man Sammy Saundh climbed the ladder to head home the winner.

Even though there were some ugly beatching moments between individuals, I thought it was a cleanly played match. I was pooped. I know Carl must have been pooped as well because he couldn't get himself out of his chair to shake our hands. Kudos to their keeper. A couple of us tried to get him off his game, but he was stellar, as usual.

They say revenge is a dish best served cold, and this has been chilling for about two years now.:cool:

Spazz, I noticed you were on the Cheatside sidelines. That's ok, we'll talk about it tomorrow at the fundraiser.;)

I left early so I don't know who stayed at the park the longest or who the Bocce champ was. Maybe someone else can fill us in.

Conductor

May 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Soccer Sunday!!

Well I would like to congratulate the YG Inc. on a hard fought game tonight.When Jimmy H is scoring goals like he did tonight you know your team's in for a tough battle!!As for the beacthing I think it was pretty even both ways.I must admit the YG Inc. did try to get under Marko's skin(Cheatside's goalie).THe game was a beauty though, with it always being within 1.I would like to say that I'm happy though that the finals come down to the best TWO teams in the league and I might add most hated !!!!Wondering who everyone's cheering for now???Especially SC since she's such a vocal person on this forum!!Anyways looking forward to tomorrow night knowing that the booze will be that much sweeter.Just in case no one knows where's it at!!Did you guy's know that Maverick's are in the "B" final???

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ahhhhh!!!

There's that co-ed spirit that you are always talking about SC.
Or is it only when your team or Cheatside is on the pitch.
:rolleyes:

Oh well. We will let you know who the Champion tryhard is this season since you probably have to go work in a beer garden somwhere.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
SC doesn't speak for everyone, well, at least not for me. I may try and make it down there if only to wave the magic purple bag in front of Yoda to try and throw him off his game :rolleyes:

Good luck to both teams on the pitch and more importantly, good luck after the match trying to drink a few pints at the only pitch in the province that bans drinking :rolleyes:

JR needs to consider this one detail for next year's finals I think...

~Regs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0