Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2004 Masters Provincial Cup Draw

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lupoman

Nov 11, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Two decent matches at Kinsman today marred only by some absolutely shocking officiating. This is what all that money to BCSA gets us? To have a match like that spoiled by poor officiating is a slap in the face to not only those teams, but to the soccer community as a whole. A class ref such as Robbie Brown sits in the stands while those three yabos are out on the field, give your head a shake BCSA. :mad:

lupoman

peter

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
FVFF 4-1 Westside

We close the book—actually breaking the spine—on another winter season. They scored in the first against the play and we tied it early in the second. Then the wheels fell off. A good hard-fought game.

Firemen were great at springing their frontfunners and they were dangerous 1v1 and even 1v2! I thought we played pretty well until we got close to their 18 and then had little intensity.

Good luck to the Firemen going forward!

Ballbaby

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Aves said:
Victoria won 1-0...heard SU outchanced them huge...posts, goal line scrambles, etc
Also heard that field was shite...personal aside: I can't remember that pitch in the stadium ever being decent this time of year(played on it a few times)...they should either find a decent pitch, or do what it takes to keep the stadium a quality field. And don't they get to host the finals there every other year?? Is it always shite?
Anyways, not that the field is any excuse, but sort it out Victoria and BC soccer.

Also heard a rumour that the result may be in question :D
Interesting.
I couldn't respond because I didn't know for certain if what they (my teammates) were telling me was truthful or not. You see, once again I had to miss the game due to a Cup game with my youth squad. When the guys phoned on the cellphone from the ferry (obviously in the parking dungeon slurping apple juice) they were incoherent. Must have been the reception. :rolleyes: Anyway I'll leave it at that for now but I'll tell you one thing, the island teams and officials cannot always be trusted. I think we all have experienced something when playing there to find some truth in my statement. Should be interesting to see how things pan out. 1-0 down on the trip to Victoria they say.

By all accounts, should the victory be reversed, we were by far the better team on the day, so hopefully not everyone will consider us "sore losers" but rather trying to salvage a pretty successful season.

Scottyshell

Sep 22, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well we got what we deserved....golf clubs are out now and the wives can quit complaining about the late nights on Thurs.
Ballbaby...know all about Victoria refs..they tried that on us 3 yrs ago,as they put us down to ten men because someone called the ref a HOMER.Apparently ..as his report says..he was called HOMO.Well he could've been.
Anyway..when was the last time you heard of a game result being overturned?Other results not posted: Paddlewheeler 3 - Lobbans 1
VicWest 1 - Gorge 0
Looks like The Paddle boat is the next to try out the Island refs.
Anyone hear the result of the Columbus game?

Good luck to FVFF's
Cheers! :(

Ballbaby

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I have to congratulate our other Fraser Valley Reps for some great wins against some tough opponents. PAU and WCFF, well done!:cool:

Calvin

Apr 2, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
JAGS, Sir M: Unlucky yesterday. An own goal and an overtime winner with 30 seconds left. Ouch. Give credit to Peace Arch, full of Big Jim Sports Campers.

Fonzie, Biggs: Well, another loss to Norvan. Not to much to say. Would have been nice to play another league in the BC's to "rate" yourself and your league.

fonzie

Aug 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Calvin,

What can you say? I think at the half it was anyone's game but Malone's lack of fitness (and lack of depth) did them in during the second half. Maybe if some bodies had bothered to come to training it would have been a different result.

Tough loss for Peg. Norvan now has a road trip to Victoria.

I'm sure Jags will post a game report.

biggs

Oct 9, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Enjoyed the Peg. game immensly and was sorry to see Peg go down in the dying seconds. Not only was the reffing shite the bloody linesman didn't understand the off-side rule. One call in particular would have put Peg. home free but no some guy 30 yards outside the play was in an off-side position. Up goes the idiots flag - got a mouthfull from our team only for him to tell us we played like crap and had no business saying anything.

Malones - Norvan: Man we were crap in the second half. Our 2 centre mids went down and after some juggling of players we stunk.

Piss on all the no-shows who took this our game so lightly. A bunch of lazy a-holes riding on the backs of half a dozen that took it seriously. :mad:

JAGS

Jul 24, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
PAU 3 - Peg 2 with the winner coming in the 119th minute ........... where does one start on a game report??? I had thought 5BigToes might have had a report that I could reply to, but nothing yet. Hopefully we will have one from him.

A number of comments have been made about the officiating at our match (and the Norvan v. Malone's match) and they are all correct. How does BC Soccer assign three incompetent officials to a couple of Provincial games? I can safely say that none of the three officials were qualified to ref an U10 game.

We had a very good lineup to start the match and had a solid bench on the day. A good crowd started to gather for our match and it made for the makings of a good day of football. Both teams were a little tentative early on having never played against each other before. On balance, PAU had the better of the play early on, but we picked up our game and started to knock the ball around, which would prove to be our best strategy. PAU played a lot of long balls and we chose to keep things short and look to the corners. We opened the scoring with a great ball from Kenny Harris out on the left flank to Dennis Accili at the far right post. He skyed over the defender for a great goal. 1 - 0 Peg. The momentum had clearly shifted and we were pressing, then against the run of the play, a ball was knocked towards our 18 and our keeper yelled for it, but our defender headed it back towards him. Our keeper tripped on the transition from the goalmouth turf to the grass and it trickled into the corner. 1-1. We still kept pressing and about 10 to 15 later a ball was knocked from the PAU backline to a midfielder that made a very good run. I was side by side with him ......... he pulling my shirt and me returning the favor. I though of pulling off my patented scissor slide tackle, but knew a card (probably red) would be gifted to me. I had hoped that our battle might cause the PAU player to lose control of the ball, but as he toe poked it forward, our on rushing goalie could not reach it and it again slid into the corner netting. 2-1 PAU.

In the second half I felt that we dominated and it showed within 15 minutes of the break. Jua chased a ball down and the big defender (most people who saw the game are saying, Jags, which one do you mean) ...... I mean the really big defender, took the ball off him and slotted it home. 2-2. We had a number of other quality chances, but no such luck to take the game. It was with about 10 minutes left ....... after losing Fin to a pulled quad, Jua with a rolled ankle, but still playing with Rude with a hamstring issue and Dixon to a variety of injuries and Hillbilly with a busted hand from it being stomped on .............that Denis (now playing up front) chased the ball down shoulder to shoulder with the defender and pulled off a great slide tackle ........ all ball ......... pulled it into the 18 yard box and scored. The linesman (wearing some North Star black runners and shorts from American Eagle) hesitantly raised his flag and called a foul. The ref probably would have let play go on, but there is this idiot waving his flag, so I guess he felt obligated to blow the play dead. I think even the PAU players felt it was very questionable, but what were they to do. They too were the victim of a number of calls or non-calls that were more than questionable ...... but none the severity of this goof. Anyway, off it was to Golden Goal. Couple chances each way in OT, but everyone was getting tired and seemed to be focused on PK's. In the 119th minute, another questionable call on Rude about 35 yards out. PAU player took the freekick and it was knocked twice in the box to an unmarked player, who finished nice. 3-2 win for PAU = season over for PEG.

PAU were a good side and a bunch of good guys. They appreciated the effort of both teams and a pint or two were shared after the game. Class act on comments and condolensces from the PAU group towards a tragedy that struck one of our players wives mid last week, when she passed away very very unexpectedly. Our whole teams thoughts are with Big Parkie during this very very difficult time.

Season over and now onto golf and some casual soccer in the summer. Good thing about golf is that I don't have to rely on idiots like the officiating to ruin a good game ........ I am quite good at ruining the game myself.

Best of luck to PAU and Norvan on the next round.

I have many many more comments on the officiating, but they are a waste of time and good to see that a number of unbiased people on this thread agree with the tragedy of the officiating on this day.

JAGS

Aves

Jan 5, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ballbaby said:
I have to congratulate our other Fraser Valley Reps for some great wins against some tough opponents. PAU and WCFF, well done!:cool:

yes, well done valley boys! there will only be one left after this weekend...who will carry the torch?
What was the season series between the two?

Lupoman

Nov 11, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
One final comment on the officiating from me....I know this refs history, he only started about 5-6 years ago, doing youth, then to an over 30's womens league here in North Van that does not allow slide tackling or shoulder to shoulder contact....so it's no wonder the game was called the way it was called. The same can be said for the other two, both are regulars in the womens o30's and they call their games accordingly.The unfortunate thing is that we had no contol over who we got for the games....you can thank BCSA for that. You can be assured if the NSCL exec had any say we would not have had those shites within miles of the park. Still, a very enjoyable day of football, good luck to Norvan in the next round, the boys got the road trip they were looking for! Congratulations to the other winners also, a job well done.

lupoman

5bigtoes

Jul 21, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hello Boys (Old Bastards!!! :D ),

It's taken me a while to recover from this absolutely intense match....I would have to agree with Jags on every count...We carried the game early, Peg came on strong and with a goal turning the match to their advantage...PAU, thanking our lucky star to be up one at the half but feeling after the second goal we where slowly wearing out the mighty Peg Old Boys ;) Much credit to Peg, they came out fighting and absolutely owned a majority (okay!!!okay!!! all of the second half :eek: ) Seriously, peg could have...should have...finished PAU off in the second half of this game. Peg had all the momentum, all the play, knocked the ball around brillantly...but that's the nature of fitba ;) The first half of golden goal was all PAU as the Peg players where starting to feel the pain of this hard fought battle (between two equally match opponents) cramps, fatigue, injuries, etc and really PAU just out lasted Peg and where fortunate and happy,(I might add) to win it at the very end of the second half of golden goal...an otherwise great game between two great teams for Masters...bring on the young bucks' I say....we'll show'm a thing or three!!! :D

I must say I have loads of respect for this Peg side, they are a very good team and are tops in my book for what it's worth. The fact they endeavored the shite officiating, which did effect the Peg team in a crucial part of the second half. They showed tons of class by not bitching...Excellent bunch of Old Bastards... Many Thanks to Peg (real champs!)

and again to Big Parkie many heart felt condolensces from the PAU Old Bastards to you and your family during this difficult time...

Cal (aka:5bigtoes)

5bigtoes

Jul 21, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Aves said:
yes, well done valley boys! there will only be one left after this weekend...who will carry the torch?

Never count out a Champion Aves...stranger things have happened and here's to seeing SU in two weeks time....for the rematch :D

cside17

Better Bastard
Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Just received this from Ruben T;

Hi all;

Please be aware that Game # 9 may change due to a protest put on by Surrey United team. I will have an answer ,hopefully, by tomorrow knight.

Thank you
Ruben Tremarco

Game Home Away Venue Date
9 Vic Ath Norvan Royal Athletic PK Sat 3:00pm
10 PAU Surrey FF Sth Surrey Ath Sun 10:00am
11 Vic West P wheelers Royal Ath Pk Sat 12:30pm
12 Inter Columbus Adanac Sun 10:00am

What the hell happened in the game in Victoria, reffing couldn't have been any worse than Sunday at Kinsmen?

Ballbaby

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Jags,

That's a great game report and I'm sorry you guys had to experience officiating like that. You know, I sometimes get tired of hearing about officiating when discussing a match, as it really should never be a factor. Well, unless we are all a bunch of whiners or there is a problem. I mean when we experience a game where the officiating is excellent, we make comments towards that. It shouldn't even enter the conversation for the most part. Obviously it is more of an issue than we can imagine.

I am also very sorry for the loss of a fellow firefighter's/footballer's wife.

Aves

Jan 5, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Aves said:

ah yes toes...perhaps I should say if there is only one left after this weekend...unless of course SU get a reprieve a la canucks in the last few moments... :rolleyes:
but then again that didn't do them much good now did it?
Can you imagine a better win than beating SU later on after such dramatic circumstances?..I shudder to think of such a thing. :D

amgettingalittleaheadofmyselfhere

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
5bigtoes said:
Hello Boys (Old Bastards!!! :D ),

It's taken me a while to recover from this absolutely intense match....
Cal (aka:5bigtoes)
5BT re PAU 3, Peg 2

You are a classy side, well done (although your keeper could use some new kit).

I may come out on Sunday to cheer you guys, I think me and Jags are the only Pegs who can walk...is it bad to pint at 1000 A.M.?

Lupoman

Nov 11, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Vic. Athletic......

How the hell does a squad like VA roster an illegal player? Them being there pretty much every year they should know who can and can't play. Maybe a clerical screw up, or a problem with a birthdate? Any way, Norvans road trip just got a little closer, I guess the boys could stay over night in routin' toutin' Newton! :rolleyes: Won't be able to catch any games this week end, but I hope to take in the semi's in a couple of weeks. Good luck to all this week-end.

lupoman

vicman

Apr 22, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
We got beaten by our own league, had a player carded in a local game, our discipline chair told us that the card was rescinded and that he was eligible to play. BCSA overturned the ruling and now we are out. Surrey didn,t lose as a result of bad officiating, they just couldn't finish their chances. Surrey has a good team, but we played well defensively and also had our chances. We will be back next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0