Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2004 Men's Provincial Cup Draw

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Gorge 3 - Delta 1 Final

1st half favored Delta a little and game would have been different if a screamer from 30 yards out went in instead of pinging the bar. 2nd half I'm not sure what happened to Delta but from the start of it they were under pressure. They seemed to be flat and changed a couple things that had worked in the 1st. Fair result in the end as Gorge totally outplayed Delta in the 2nd.

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
BlazeArmy said:
and changed a couple things that had worked in the 1st.

Someone's got some 'splaining to do Crafty. ;)

Too bad for SU KNVB, who knows what's going to happen when you and Westside draw each other.
Congratulations on another great year. :)

I see you Fil, let's hear it. :D

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I don't know if they changed things or not. In the first half they were using the long throw and chucking it in the box. It was effective in that it seemed dangerous every time and Gorge were a little bit unprepared by it. In the 2nd they only tried it very late in the game. they had 5 or 6 chances to do it before but didn't. That looked like a change in strategy to us Blaze from the sidelines. They (Delta) worked hard but in the end it wasn't meant to be.
(stock sporting quote # 22 :D )

cerebral smallsy

Oct 5, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
a hard fought and strategic victory for the lads today. held our shape and stuck to the game plan.
nothing but respect for the surrey lads who showed class in losing.
i think we were full value for the win. limited surrey to a couple chances off headers and a free kick and let our fitness :rolleyes: carry us.
knvb's boys are a little tender i'm sure after a beautiful trap in the second half :D .
we waited a year for a chance at redemption and it feels good to pull it off. ironically, another chance at redemption against gorge on the same pitch we lost to them a couple years back. we shall be ready.

crafty cokcney

Nov 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Delta Metro 1 Gorge FC 3

To everybody from the FVSL I apologize as we had great opportunity here to try and gain some more credibility after beating Vantreights last week. Great first half performance by us and we should off been up 1-0 at the half after hitting the bar with the best chance of the first 45, but it wasn't to be. 0-0 at half time and everything to play for in the second. Gorge came out flying in the second and put us under constant pressure for the first 15 minutes. The first goal was a scramble with the ball bouncing in their favour. Gorge continued to knock the ball around and played much better. They added two more before we replied and then decided to close the shop and play the clock out.

Congrats to Gorge on a good second half performance that on the day was the difference and on a different day could of so easily of been us going through to the semi's.

Final eight back to back seasons for us which is nothing to sniff at, beating VMSL and VISL teams along the way.

Good luck to the final four.

Cheers

zico

Apr 25, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Watch the game between Gorge and Delta both teams had a chance to score in the first half, Dlta hit the post and Gorge getting behind the defenders. The secound half Gorge where by far the better team and went up 3-0 Delta got one late but where never in it in the second, Gorge had a four called back on a great header. Nice to see not all teams from the island are as classless as the Trieghts. Should be greatt semis

Osame bin madden

Feb 2, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Poco vs Peg

We couldn"t of asked for a worse start. Our defence was nervous and on our heels.Their first was a gimme and their 2nd should have never happened, Scotty and myself had a chance to tackle or foul their one forward who shot.I can usually keep up with most guys my age, but he was quick. Joel made a great save but the rebound went in.Not long after, Joel made two more good saves to keep us in it.After that I thought we held our own and could have gotten one back just before half but their keep made a good save. Second half was quite even {maybe we were a little better} with limited chances at both ends.I did not noticed Regs white boots, I guess if you don't touch the ball much, no one is going to notice. :D
Well it was a pleasure to have had the chance to throw my huge frame around against such a quality side.Just to be on the same park as good vmsl squad was enough for us :rolleyes: Unfortunately my quad did not hold up.

Ps: I was away so I did not get a chance to respond before the Pak thread was close :confused: As soon as I get the proper usb cable I will post the play that should have been a pk.I read that I could not have gotten to the ball, so it couldn't of been a pk. Ted who was behind me {and is much slower} passed me when i was on the ground and got to the ball before it went out. So that argument is not very solid.

Crafty, good run mate, another good year for your team. Well done...

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
gut-ted

cerebral smallsy said:
a hard fought and strategic victory for the lads today. held our shape and stuck to the game plan.
nothing but respect for the surrey lads who showed class in losing.
i think we were full value for the win. limited surrey to a couple chances off headers and a free kick and let our fitness :rolleyes: carry us.
knvb's boys are a little tender i'm sure after a beautiful trap in the second half :D .
we waited a year for a chance at redemption and it feels good to pull it off. ironically, another chance at redemption against gorge on the same pitch we lost to them a couple years back. we shall be ready.
The boys are still throbbing after my best 'touch' since my wedding night. (Fcuking tough love.) Full credit to Westside though the match was pretty much even all the way through they just scored the goal we didn't. There was never a doubt that anyone would win this game by more than a goal and I have to congratulate them on doing it though it's a bit like swallowing flaming hot chicken wings right now.

That IMHO that was the final. You had to know that the road to the success would go through Westside vile and now they must surely be the favorite to win it all with Inter being a close second.

Good luck to the 4 that are left.

Golf anyone?

sixfyv

Apr 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well, our season came to a close today with a loss to Gorge. First half was a good half for our side as we limited Gorge's chances and had a few of our own. Including a shot off the crossbar. 0-0 a the break.

Second half was a different story as we came out of the blocks flat. We seemed to be on our heels, and failed to generate many chances. In hindsight, we didnt use our left side as much as we should have - that is what we did to beat Vantreights. And we never really challenged their keeper. We held the ball too long, rather than taking a rip from 25.

Went down 1-0 on a pass that appeared to me to be offside. I was told by some spectators that the play was onside, though. A tap-in on a crossing pass where i had to come out to challenge the ball carrier. Second goal was a header that sailed and dipped under the bar... a keepers worst nightmare... being chipped. Not sure if anyone would be able to get to it, though... and i tried my best. Final goal was break away. I hesitated off my line. With a quicker decision, i could have met the forward as he reached the ball. We scored late, but the game was already decided.

Hats off to our team as we came together well after a disappointing Pak Cup run. We have a great group of young guys. Looking forward to next season already.

The Gorge players were all class on the field and afterwards. Gentlemen. A pleasure to play against.

On final note, i did not notice the referees at all today. Thats the way it should be!!! They did not make it their show, but rather allowed the players to take the spotlight. Well done.

Best of luck to the last four.

Fore!!!

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Two weeks off, then Peg.

Sapp played us hard again yesterday, and we unlucky to not be up by one at half....Paul Favs missed a clear cut header of a nice set up by his bro....that might be the first time I have seen Paul miss from there.

The second half was a different story, Kevin Crouch came in and with the depleted back four of Sapp (two went off with apparent injuries) ...kevin was too much to handle.

This game could have gone either way...but depth became a factor, and we were deserving of the vicotry in the end. Sapp couldnt replace the injured defencemen...

Tino made a brilliant run down the left side beating two Sapp players with the same move....should have beaten Kent with the same move....

Criminal was there, but not his usual dominating self....sort of a non-factor as someone else posted earlier. Our mid-field played very well, and were full credit for keeping the Sapp players in check.

WAB was kicked off the park, although I dont recall seeing any red card...maybe we will hear from him next year.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
SEMI-FINALS--2004-05-09 at TOWN CENTRE STADIUM
Game 13: Westside Rino vs Gorge FC at Town Centre Stadium, 2004-05-09 at 2:30 pm
Game 14: ICSF Inter vs Pegasus FC at Town Centre Stadium, 2004-05-09 at 12 noon
Cut'n'pasting,

~Regs.

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Delta Metro 1 Gorge FC 3

crafty cokcney said:
Final eight back to back seasons for us which is nothing to sniff at, beating VMSL and VISL teams along the way.

Good luck to the final four.

Cheers

Which VMSL team would that be?

crafty cokcney

Nov 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hands of Stone said:
They were Div.1, and had just lost 3 or 4 starters to the WhiteCaps, a momentus day indeed.

hos

Right on the Money HOS !

There is no fukcing way we beat a real VMSL team with all its starters. :rolleyes:

My mistake, I should of clarified my post with more detail with so many VMSL wankers reading the same thread.

I'm off to confessions know. That's probably going to cost me at least a dozen "Our Fathers". :D

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
My mistake, I should of clarified my post with more detail with so many VMSL wankers reading the same thread.
Do the business one of these years and maybe, just maybe, there won't be so many of us wankers still reading this thread :D

Kindling,

~Regs.

sixfyv

Apr 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hands of Stone said:
They were Div.1, and had just lost 3 or 4 starters to the WhiteCaps, a momentus day indeed.

hos
Imperial Cup Champs... if I remember correctly. :D

We were missing 4 starters against Gorge and Vantreights too... perhaps we should moan about that!?!?

HOS... that excuse is like a teabag in the ocean... WEAK! :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0