Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2005 Nation's Cup - tournament banter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vaselos

Apr 19, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Qustion for Willy,

I am curious to why the Over 30's final is not showcased on the oval, as it has been currently played on the Francis field?

I feel it would be a good prelimanary game to the final.

Skip

Jan 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Willy,

My compliments to you, and the other organizers on a great tourney! Having had some experience in Athletic organizing, I know a ton of work goes into making it run smoothly.

One question though:

I was a little surprised at your tie-break procedure. Case in point: Ireland O-30's finish tied with India, both having a 2-1 record. Ireland beat India in head-to-head play, and yet India advances because of better goal differential. Most tournaments I have been involved with have used head-to-head as their first means of tie break.

Comments??

~Skip

Sliver

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Regs said:
Here are some of the award winners from the weekend:

Golden Boot
Omari Aldridge (Carib)
Vince Stewart (Ireland)
#12 Portugal (don't know name yet)

#12 from Portugal would be yours truly

SC

Jul 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Willy,

As for one of the organizers of the tourney I'm still truely shocked that there wasn't much attention focussed on the ladies side of things. I know it was hard to get the ladies involved, but come on, I hope it's done right next year. I would offer my services on 'how to' but it wouldn't look good if the championship coach was 'calling the shots'. :) Perhaps Mackers needs to be more involved next year :eek:

The press was great covering the Carib win, but as for the rest of us...I can't believe with all the other talent out there (O-30s/Women/O-38s) no one else was 'quoted'. Being the first ladies' coach/player in the tourney I'm totally miffed. I can see not too many care, but I'm still going to take pride in what our squad accomplished.

Regs, I agree about the lack of beverage selection. I have many friends who enjoy the pufta drinks such as yourself. People also enjoy a light selection of beer (which Molson provides).

I think some of the organizers underestimated the importance of the beer garden. Many of us go year after year to be a part of the great atmosphere. It's too bad that spectators will not return because of the problems they faced just getting in. The "champions" had to wait in line, and I complained to the security guard I personally knew. He couldn't do anything to help out "following the rules".

I'm most disappointed that the men champs didn't get to raise a pint high after their win b/c the garden was shut down by the time they finished up. It's a wonder that people sneak booze into the garden, someone has to provide what they really want. :mad:

With all of that said I still thank the organizing commitee for their efforts. I have more feedback but I think people are getting tired of my posts :eek:

+SC

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
As a big fan of Sexual Chocolate, as she went by in the old days, ;) , I would never tire of your posts babe.

Let's try and not make this a "Let's pummel Willy" campaign also.
But I would hope, My Tartan Bretheren, you and the other organizers take note of some of the constructive comments offered here.

My four bits:
1.) Bring back the Friday night, or possibly even Thursday night, matches. You then don't have to make Sunday a marathon and a chance to showcase all finals.
2.) All group finalists should have their day in the sun at the tournament headquarters. Play all finals at Hugh Boyd.
3.) Sort the beer gardens out.
4.) Sort the beer gardens out. :D

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I attended the Dolphin Park Basketball tourney the week before Nations. The beer garden there was open to 8:00pm on saturday and I'm sure it was open that late on Sunday.(i was incapacitated by then:D) YOu had a choice of beer, coolers (from 2litre bottles and Vodka - Impulse energy juice mix) Quality. THey were checking bags on the way in but nothing overzealous or very long. Cops were on hand all weekend and didn't have any problems with anything. The big problem they had at Dolphin was the beer garden is too small so they reached capacity by 4:pm Saturday and 3:00pm Sunday.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
This tournament is still the best in the land.

SC, for the ladies div. first year in and only having 4 sides including yourself I'm not sure how, realistically, you could be asking for much more. Other than maybe equal opportunity 'good' field time. If you really want front page news because you beat the same side twice (congratulations again btw), call the papers not Willy.

Beer Garden price and selection were shoc-king of that there is no debate. I personally applaud the security though. I'm sure I'm not the only one who doesn't want to see full scale brawls in the parking lot again. The ref's I thought were also great and very professionally run.

I'm sure there wasn't much if anything the organizers could do about the times the gardens ran and amount of people who could be in fort knox at one time.

Walks

Dec 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
knvb said:
The ref's I thought were also great and very professionally run.

I don't think he's changed Regs, I just think he hasn't slept since Tuesday ....... obviously delerious ;)

As far as the tournament went, I did four games which I thoroughly enjoyed :rolleyes: especially the Scotland / Caribbean Semi-Final. I can honestly say that I've never seen such pace on a field before and for 60 minutes, I did doggies up and down the pitch (contrary to normally staying in the confines of the centre circle) to try and keep up with play.

Joe did a great job scheduling the officials and as always, the tournament remains the best the Lower Mainland has to offer throughout the entire year.

Cheers ........

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

SoccerPaul

Jul 31, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
i thought the nations cup went really well. i went to every team india open leagues game and thought they had a very young, talented and entertaining squad. I would love to see more of team indias players play. They deserved to play in the finals and boy was the caribean team talented. that first goal by them in the finals was a beauty. this cleary is the best tournament. congrats to the caribeans and all the rest on an excellent tourny.

Willy

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Keeper,

Far be it from me to be critical of you .. but I highly doubt Canada would have England's "Three Lions" on their chests. Is it possible that he pictures are in fact England vs Ireland?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts