Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2005 Nation's Cup - tournament banter

Status
Not open for further replies.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
bulljive said:
a dutchmen with the ttp name KNVB playing for Scotland. I would go out of my way to spit in your direction. Saying things like we when describing scotland is shocking and disgraceful how was the bowl of Oatmeal this morning you fukcing wanker(spelling??)
Lumpy. Thanks for asking.

Is Langley out of your way? I'll gladly meet you there anytime.

And not that I feel I need to defend my choice to play with Scotland to the likes of a wretched little ignorant putz such as your self, but FYI, my dad, who's family roots are Dutch, Irish & Ukrainian decided he fancied a Scotsman err, woman. They all wear skirts over there you know? You ok with that or would you like to spit on my mum too? Ah better yet you had better just stick with me she'd fcuking cnut ya worse than I would.

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
bulljive said:
If you are Dutch for instance and their is no team can you play for anyone.

Think.

Hard.

I'm off to get some niacin.
Niacin is good for your cholesterol.
Apparently. ;)

As Bucky would say:

The future's bright, the future's Orange.

:D

mackers

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
didn't really want to follow that post up :eek: but here it goes...

Congrats to SC and the Irish for winning the inaugaral Women's Division. I thought all of our games went well and were evenly played. The field was shite and so was the reffing but I think the girls had a good time and are looking forward to playing next year with linesman and a better pitch that has already been promised to me, I know my girl's are definitely looking forward to finishing a little better. We would have done a little better but Nutmegs and KJ weren't able to play with us do to previous engagements, or so they said :rolleyes:

My first, and probably last, Nations coaching experience was awesome, the girl's were great to work with and hopefully they'll have me back next year.

Cheers, mackers.

munchkin

Oct 21, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
mackers said:
didn't really want to follow that post up :eek: but here it goes...

Congrats to SC and the Irish for winning the inaugaral Women's Division.

My first, and probably last, Nations coaching experience was awesome, the girl's were great to work with and hopefully they'll have me back next year.

Cheers, mackers.

Oh ye of little faith Mackers...I thought you did a great job. You stayed cool, calm and collected through some sketchy reffing, some sketchy goals against, and some great footy overall. It was tough for team Canada b/c none of us had played together much before the tournie (compared to the core group of players from the other countries), but that is the nature of tournies sometimes. All in all, I had a good time, and felt honoured being able to play for Canada in the inaugural women's Nation's Cup. Thanks for having me out, and here's hoping to another one next year :D .

Smashing win Ireland! Well done SC...you can now go down in History books as the first female coach and player of the first Nation'
s Cup champs!

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
knvb said:
Lumpy. Thanks for asking.

Is Langley out of your way? I'll gladly meet you there anytime.

And not that I feel I need to defend my choice to play with Scotland to the likes of a wretched little ignorant putz such as your self, but FYI, my dad, who's family roots are Dutch, Irish & Ukrainian decided he fancied a Scotsman err, woman. They all wear skirts over there you know? You ok with that or would you like to spit on my mum too? Ah better yet you had better just stick with me she'd fcuking cnut ya worse than I would.

I have Scottish roots as well but refuse to accept them any real dutchmen would.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
If you're a real Dutchman than I don't want to be. When is it again that you're going to come and spit in my direction?

Burnro

Jul 10, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
knvb said:
If you're a real Dutchman than I don't want to be. When is it again that you're going to come and spit in my direction?
Now, now ladies, let's play nice!

This, of course, would never had been an issue if you had not swapped the Emerald Hoops for the Tartan Army mate...then again, you would have been watching the semi's from the beer garden with the rest of us too...though, having seen what you were up against in the semi, a few cold beers might have not been such a bad choice over trying to chase down the Carib boys for 60-minutes!

Congrats to the Carib lads for playing some fast and exciting footy over the weekend, truly, the best team won on the weekend.

steve1234

Jan 31, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Who cares where he is from. KNVB can play for Scotland by virtue of the fact he is the tightest cnut I know. And I'm from Just outside Paisley.

Ankle Breaker

Sep 15, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Congrats to Carib

They were definitely the better side in the finals. We had our chances to score but could not finish while Carib finished their chances well.

Our team was young this year and hopefully we gained some experience. We suffered some injuries during the tourny and in the finals our inexperience due to our young team probably hurt us a little bit. LOD would have helped us a lot in the finals.

Overall, it was a great tournament.

SC

Jul 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
mackers said:
Congrats to SC and the Irish for winning the inaugaral Women's Division. I thought all of our games went well and were evenly played. The field was shite and so was the reffing but I think the girls had a good time and are looking forward to playing next year with linesman and a better pitch that has already been promised to me,

. We would have done a little better but Nutmegs and KJ weren't able to play with us do to previous engagements, or so they said :rolleyes:
Cheers, mackers.
Uh Mackers, what field would you be referring to here? I'll go to Blundell if I have to. Although I didn't play very much by old muscles are still sore from the rolling hills of Hugh Boyd. :( And to comment about Nutmegs, can you imagine how we felt when she showed up for the final? :mad:

It was a sweet successful team we were able to put together. I honestly didn't know what we were up against especially since we almost didn't field a full squad. I think everyone played their hearts out, and the competition was a higher level than expected. It was fun being one of the 'underdogs' having young talent (only to get better year after year). ;) The England team/coach was amazing and inspirational to my younger crew. Thanks for your sportsmanship ladies (and Ralph) :)

With all this 'afterbuzz' I think other players are going to reschedule their weekends and finally put Nations Cup on their calendar as of January 1st, 2006. There's a few people who missed the Ireland boat so competition to get on the squad will be fierce next year. Sorry it didn't work out for you Mackers, they'll have you back for sure. :)

The trophy continued to celebrate from the beer garden to the Flying Beaver, to The Capital dance floor carrying over to Monday at Port Moody turf for another medal presentation at the coed match (photos to follow). Again, great to see the runners up holding the Silverwear high. :D

The trophy tour schedule:
A. Spanish Banks Volleyball League (tonight)
2. Mylora golf course tomorrow
III. Kamloops this weekend (slight possibility)

How sweet it is :wa:

+SC

*to book your trophy viewing date please PM Mackers or Ralph Wiggim, they'll be happy to help out :eek:

nutmegs

Nov 4, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
mackers said:
We would have done a little better but Nutmegs and KJ weren't able to play with us do to previous engagements, or so they said :rolleyes:

SC said:
And to comment about Nutmegs, can you imagine how we felt when she showed up for the final?

Okay let's clarify things here. The first team to ask me to play in Nations was England but then I heard it was a Westside team and that there might not be room. So then I heard from mackers about Canada followed by SC (by way of the Captain) for Ireland. I told all three teams that I was working all weekend and couldn't play. But let me tell you I was flattered by all the requests.

So Sunday afternoon (after working nine hours, being up at 4am, and having worked three 14 hour days before that) I get a call from England saying they want me to play in the final at 3pm. I say that can't possibly be allowed but no one has filled out rosters so it doesn't matter. I say they can have me if they want me but I am sick, tired, and probably quite useless. Needless to say I only played 20 minutes which was more than I wanted to and really didn't make any difference on the outcome.

My main goal was to make it to the beer garden (which was a total let-down - in terms of the lineups and the costs) and then on to the annual Flying Beaver Sunday night. And although I don't remember that much of it I'm pretty sure I had a good time right SC? :wa:

Maybe next year I won't have to work and I'll commit to a team early so no one can call me a KNVB-traitor. Plus I could have played for any of the three teams that asked me as both my parents are half-Irish/English and I was born in Canada.

coach

Mar 3, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
After the long nations weekend.

I made the oh so smart decision of heading out with the Ireland girls team to the flying beaver.

This was my first time out with them and my first time out to the Beaver.

Yikes was it ever a good time.

Joe Billy did not let me down as usual and i had my good friend Demo as the designated driver. :rolleyes:

Nice to meet some fellow TTP ers out at the Flying B that evening!

Thanks Nutmegs for the awesome cruise in the convertible VW!
That is one sweet ride Kiddo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nice time was had by all.

SC

Jul 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Keeper, I got some t!ts shots too :eek: . Great footy action photos!

I'm starting to upload from the ladies side of things (including the Cup tour). :D

Please follow Keeper's link :eek:

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Final results PDF is now available on the Nations Cup website as well as a review of the 2005 tournament that appeared in the Richmond News:

http://www.mysportstournament.com/nationscup/index.html

Here are some of the award winners from the weekend:

Golden Boot
Omari Aldridge (Carib)
Vince Stewart (Ireland)
Sliver (Portugal)

Defender
Jessie Dhami (India)

MVP
Donald Cambere (Carib)

Vinnie,

Way to make Mitchell regret not putting you in at the recent WYC! :D

Well done Ankle Breaker, Sliver, and YBK! :D

Willy

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
As one of the organizers of the Nations Cup Tournament, I’d like to thank all the participants, officials, volunteers, sponsors, and spectators, for their continued support in helping to make the 26th Annual Nations Cup Tournament a resounding success.

Once again the talent and the attendance exceeded previous years. The inclusion of the women’s side brought a new dimension and appeal to the tournament, and the crowning of the Caribbean Men’s Open squad ushered in yet another first in the growing history of this unique soccer tournament.

As we continue to attempt to make the tournament better each and every year, we’re happy to hear suggestions and comments from those who are involved, so any input is appreciated, but at the end of the day, the recipe for success is essentially working and we’re cautious not to make whole-sale changes for the sake of changes.

As we’ve seen in this forum, if there is one underlying, and ongoing, point of contention it’s the validity of certain players and their ethnicity. Though there are certain measures that can be taken, it’s very difficult for anyone to provide evidence of their heritage. THEREFORE, the obligation truly lies with the organizers of each individual team, and with the players themselves to adhere to the rules uphold the spirit of the tournament.

Congrats to the Carib and all the other winners.

We’re looking forward to bigger and better things next year.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Willy,

While I know you and the rest of the organisers are/were at the mercy of the RCMP regarding the Beer garden, the one thing that I have heard repeatedly was the over-priced Beer, lack of selection in Beer and pufftah drinks, the shut-down early of the garden, and over-zealous security... I personally thought it was a bit much to have my bag searched each time I entered the gardens :rolleyes:

Like I say, I know that you guys couldn't really do much about it this year, but if you can start complaining/campaigning to the city/RCMP now, you might be able to get some of this rectified.

Cheers,

~Regs.

Willy

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Valid point. All of the beer garden stuff (for various reasons) was out of our hands. But we intend to take steps to improve the problems you mentioned for next year, if at all possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0