Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2006 BC Cup Early Predictions

Status
Not open for further replies.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I was under the impression they've already booked Town Centre for both the semi and finals. Now, if there are two Island teams involved then it's going to move to the Island, but we all know that's not going to happen. ;)

This place is crawling with islanders. Where are you guys all season long? Do you want your own island section for league time? Say the word an we'll set it up.

gilly

Sep 12, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
My predictions for the weekend.....

Gorge FC vs Bays United.....someone on the Island will host another game

Peace Arch United vs Van Treights.....too many injuries/suspensions with the Nation

Surrey United vs Langley United....I smell an upset, Janzen against his former mates

Firefighters vs Metro-Ford Wolves.....Really missing Kingsley and does Metro Ford have enough left in the tank?!?! Me thinks NO!!!

ICSF Inter vs Sporting Club.....Dormer suspended, it's Inter's time to shine

Columbus-Clan FC vs Chilliwack Rapids......no Scigs or Bellismo, the Wack win a big one for the Valley

Gordon Head Titans vs Croatia SC......the brothers Marcina run wild in Victoria

Sapperton Rovers vs North Delta Lions.....if WAB starts himself, it's a cakewalk

Good luck........

Tunes

Apr 11, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
[This place is crawling with islanders. Where are you guys all season long? Do you want your own island section for league time? Say the word an we'll set it up.[/quote]

Nah..the Island is too small....and we end up taking the piss face to face. Most of us are just excited about the BC's again....but to be honest, it would be great to play in the VMSL..and see how the top Island teams would do with the Van teams over a season. :D

Walt

Apr 29, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
ArroyoBunk said:
i think semis are at a neutral field, probably on the mainland... so i guess you're screwed
Hey the island teams don't complain or protest when they lose they take it on the chin with no excuse we'll see whose screwed when you come to the island.

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Walt said:
Hey the island teams don't complain or protest when they lose they take it on the chin with no excuse we'll see whose screwed when you come to the island.

That's because the mainland refs are at least half decient and less bias than the islanders. Naniamo 2003 comes to mind for Sapp. Every mainland team has a story about island hospitality, but you're hard pressed for a island story about the mainland.

Tunes

Apr 11, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bring the mainland ref's please.......then they'll be no crying. The good teams don't want to win with a bias ref.............the shite may take what they can get.
A ref may win one game for a team....but it can't win the BC's for them. You may get some bias up Island ( Naniamo....hey, they need all the help they can get)

BTW..how do they pick the ref's?...is it a draw

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Last time an island team won the dance, they embarrassed the province at Nationals by finishing last.

Who to blame?

Simon Fearn?

Walt

Apr 29, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Regs said:
Last time an island team won the dance, they embarrassed the province at Nationals by finishing last.

Who to blame?

Simon Fearn?
That's a comment obviously from a guy who is bitter because of his playing time. That island team won two title's in a row probably knocking your team out in the process.

The Vike

Nov 24, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well boys and girls..... it seems the banter between the island and the mainland has already begun. I am not too sure if it is true but I read on the VISL website that the semi finals were given to the Island. From what you guys are saying it may not be true. If they were given to the Island and there happens to be no Island teams then it shouldn't be played on the island. If there are then it should be. Seems fair.
About refs.....it seems like the boys from the mainland always have some sort of excuse when they come to the island. The refs, the ferry, the bus, the time, the field....... Sorry to rain on your parade but we deal with the exact same thing when we come to the mainland. Really there is no difference. The first person everone blames is the ref but you know how the saying goes the ref doesn't score the goals......
And as for whomever said the last team from the Island was a disgrace because they finished last at Nationals. That team was the best in the province that year..... Take it as you want it.
Good luck to everyone this weekend. It will be interesting on here next week.

This is taken from the VISL website:
The draw for BC Cup games can be found right side of our home page under the heading 2006 BC Cup Draw. In regards to semi-finals the following scenario is in place. Both semi-finals in the A Cup will be played in Victoria on the weekend of May 6/7. In the other two catagories, U21 and Masters, if an island team makes it to the semi-final that game would be played in Victoria. All finals will be played on Saturday May 13, 2006 at Coquitlam Town Centre Stadium.

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Vike said:
About refs.....it seems like the boys from the mainland always have some sort of excuse when they come to the island. The refs, the ferry, the bus, the time, the field....... Sorry to rain on your parade but we deal with the exact same thing when we come to the mainland. Really there is no difference.
I would never complain about ferries or the time it takes, but the refereeing is legit and the Naniamo field for the 2003 semis was brutal.
Other than that, soccer on the island is pretty good and fan support is great. But let's be honest, you all still really, really suck!;)

The Vike

Nov 24, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ahhhhh Bob, you're getting your panties in a bunch. "We all really suck" Thats pretty intense don't you think?
So you had a bad field in 2003 in Nanaimo and you are still having a moan about it. Just to let you know the fields in Vic are in pretty good shape. So lets cut that excuse out of your book when you come over and play. You will most likely play on turf or at Royal A. Hopefully the turf does't have too many bad bounces for you

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Normally, I'm all for a pile on WAB day. In fact I generally encourage the practice, but in this case as in so many instances, the Island is missing another good one. I have, and still do play in the PCSL (important plot building stuff there you may want to keep that bit of info in arms reach) and have been to Victoria on dozens of occasions (that bit too) and I can say there is with-out a doubt a certain degree (large) of 'hommerizim" with a majority of Island officials. It's common mainland knowledge you're pretty much a goal down before the game even kicks off, not always, but in large part.

As for the parks, Royal Athletic for the past 5 years has been fcuking mince. You can't see from side line to side line with that giant hump running down the middle of the pitch and after the game your feet feel like hamburger because it's so hard. The softball area is fantastic though. Nice one. I also think WAB isn't making any kind future excuses I think he's simpley pointing out, like your officials you should remove your heads from your arses and see there is two sides to everything. Even taking the piss.

Chin up guys at least you have the Waddling Dog going for you...

Walt

Apr 29, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Even if the field at RAP is terrible don't we have to play on it too in the same game as you. So the bounce's on royal athletic automatically go to the home team right? again its hard to tell how the field is when your on the bench. As for the pcsl Victoria will win if we played on top of a mountain it does'nt matter to us. So keep up the excuse's and the protest's.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Listen you lot of lettuce farming hippies, the parks condition is fcuking irrelevant. Yes, both sides have to play on it, thanks for the insight, captain obvious, but the fact remains it's still fcuking rubbish. That is all anyone is saying.

The Spy

Aug 26, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
To get back on topic :rolleyes:

Gorge FC vs Bays United.....Dont know these teams to well so its a toss up

Peace Arch United vs Van Treights.....Fans will be the difference

Surrey United vs Langley United.... PK's

Firefighters vs Metro-Ford Wolves..... experience will win this one.

ICSF Inter vs Sporting Club..... GOTW. This one will come down to goaltending... I think Kindel is way better than Brum

Columbus-Clan FC vs Chilliwack Rapids......UPSET!!

Gordon Head Titans vs Croatia SC......Cake Walk

Sapperton Rovers vs North Delta Lions.....Again experience will prevail

lookaturself13

Mar 6, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
WOW!!!
Gotta love the banter that's going on now.... I LUV IT.
Few things for all ya...
(1) RAP does suck. I play on it all year and in the PCSL and hate it. They resurfaced it for the game vs Sunderland last year, but that was the last soccer game on it for 2 months....only football.. doesn't make sense. So Van guys... at least you don't have to play on it all year round.. makes bad players look good. Hopefully we can get the semis on one of the 3 main turf fields... who decides?
(2) I am also not a big fan of our refs. Would much rather have a mainland ref. I agree they make some "scary" and "what the??" calls... but it does go both ways most times. The best ref is the one you don't remember.
(3) In regards to the PCSL.... seems our little Victoria United team has dominated lately...5 of last 6 Cup Trophies...had to give you guys at least one so you wouldn't cry too much about how much we suck!! ha
(4) Hope "BOB" makes it past the first few rounds so we can show him how much Island teams "SUCK"... what side of the draw are you on bench-warmer?
Again...gotta luv the piss taking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0